Contents of the article:
When you grow houseplants and flowers, you need to need your own plants for growing plants and flowers, you need your business development, you need to grow your garden plants, planting plants and flowers at certain points in your vegetative development, you need your own plants, flowers, plants, flowers, plants, flowers, plants, flowers, you need to be in need of it, you need to develop your own developmental plants, you need your own plant development, you need to need your plant development, planting plants and flowers.fertilizers. It should not be confused fertilizer for garden flowers and shrubs with fertilizers that are specifically designed for indoor species and specimens.
Fertilizers are produced in a different consistency:
More digestible elements of the root plant system are liquid fertilizers.
Basic fertilizer elements
The following are fertilizers for houseplants:
- nitrogen, this element contributes to the continuous development of plants, if it is not enough in the soil, then the process of leaves wilts, their color changes;
- not less important is phosphorus, its low concentration slows down the vegetative development process, the leaves change their bright color to faded;
- if there is little potassium in the soil of the flowerpot, the plant either does not bloom at all, or throws out too small inflorescences;
- wilting foliage of indoor plants may cause a lack of sulfur;
- if the foliage dies off at the very tops of the plants, and the rest of the crown as a whole looks intact, then the plant does not have enough calcium;
- not less important and necessary are such elements as iron, molybdenum, magnesium, manganese, copper and boron.
All fertilizers for indoor plants and branchy green plants are classified into two types - organic and mineral.
Organic fertilizers for indoor plants
Organic is natural fertilizers, the so-called organic compounds of plant or animal origin. These include pet feces, bird droppings( geese, chickens, ducks, pigeons), peatlands, vegetable composts.
Organic fertilizers have all the necessary nutritional elements that improve air, water and natural and climatic balance, significantly improve the structure of the soil intended for growing indoor plants. Organic matter is a favorable soil for the absorption of mineral fertilizers, creating various chemical compounds that accelerate the process of development of beneficial microorganisms.
Mineral fertilizers for indoor plants
Mineral fertilizers include:
- nitrogen fertilizers;
- phosphate fertilizers.
There are simple options, but there are too concentrated.
Mineral groups are useful in the case when organic matter is exhausted in full, the soil in pots is depleted. This process is often called top dressing.
Top dressing during the period of active growth of the plant and before flowering is particularly urgent, decorative ornamental flowering and decorative deciduous plants are in constant need of additional feeding.
Only perfectly healthy plants are fertilized. It is strictly forbidden to fertilize plants during the growing season, plants that are not rooted after planting in the ground.
Among the proposed fertilizers for indoor flowers, there are many such that are not introduced into the soil, but rather dissolved in water and intended for spraying the foliage and flowers with a spray bottle. The solution is sprayed in the evening or in cloudy weather due to the reduced risk of burns of foliage.
The most common nitrogenous fertilizers include:
- sodium nitrate;
- ammonium sulphate.
Phosphate fertilizers are divided into simple and double superphosphates. Simple contain up to twenty percent of phosphorus in its composition, and the second type is half phosphorus saturated.
Of potash fertilizers in floriculture, wood ash, potassium sulfate and potassium nitrate are applicable.
Among the fertilizers offered by domestic producers it is often possible to find complex fertilizers, so-called universal, which include all the mineral elements in a proportional ratio, useful for the development of a different plant or house flower, which are the best fertilizers for indoor plants.
If houseplants are fertilized by several types of fertilizers, it is necessary to know their comparability.
The following is a diagram of fertilizers that can be combined in one composition, which does not harm the plant and will not cause an unforeseen chemical reaction.
Rules for fertilizing flowering houseplants:
- fertilizer excess for houseplants is also destructive, as is the deficit;
- plants well absorb fertilizers only in the active phase of growth and flowering;
- should be rare in the winter, because of low natural light, which slows down the absorption of nutrients by the plant;
- should not be fed in the hot time;
- should not allow the fertilizer solution to fall on the foliage, if recommended in the instructions for use;
- for young flowers the consistency of fertilizers is applied in half weaker in its characteristic characteristics than for already established ones;
- every period of vegetative development requires the introduction of a certain type of fertilizer: at the beginning nitrogen fertilizing should be activated, during the flowering period and before it phosphorus and potassium substances are used;
- can not be fertilized plants prematurely not watering the soil thoroughly, if this is not done, you can burn the roots of the plant.