- Negative impact of mold
- Mold formation
- How to get rid of: proven methods
- How to prepare a refrigerator for winter at the cottage
- How to prevent mold from appearing in the refrigerator
The appearance of unpleasant smell of soothsome and black and black and black and black and black and black and black and black and black and black and black.that mold appeared in the fridge.
The presence of an unpleasant smell is the smallest problem caused by the appearance of mold. First of all, it can quickly spread throughout the entire refrigerating chamber. Getting on the products causes their infection. It is a mistake to assume that by cutting off a place that is affected by mold, you can then eat the products. Such products - especially milk, rice and fish - must be discarded. After all, ingestion of mold into a human body can provoke the development of various diseases.
The negative impact of mold
- Mold spores are the strongest allergen, their entry into the lungs can cause the development of pharyngitis, rhinitis, bronchitis, the appearance of symptoms of pneumonia. Very often, mold causes asthma.
- Mold in the stomach can cause food allergies. The poison, accumulating in the liver, can cause cirrhosis.
- Mold spores begin to depress immunity, a person becomes more susceptible to various diseases.
- May trigger the development of various types of dermatitis and other skin diseases.
Places of Mold Formation
Special attention will be paid to corners, various grooves and grooves, but special efforts should be focused on two places:
- Sealing rubber - condensate often accumulates here, which is a favorable environment for the active development of mold. Do not handle it with bleach - it dries rubber. After processing, the seal must be lubricated with petroleum jelly.
- In refrigerators with auto-freezing( drip system), mold often appears in the drain hole, which serves to drain condensation on the back wall. To completely remove the mold, it is necessary to additionally pour in the disinfecting solution( for this you can use a funnel or an enema), you can also clean it with a small brush. The reason for excessive moisture in the refrigerator( as a result - the appearance of fungus) often becomes clogged in the drain, so the condensate begins to accumulate.
How to get rid of: proven methods
There are many ways to get rid of mold in the refrigerator. The most effective is the use of special chemicals. They are the most effective, but after using them it is necessary to thoroughly clean the refrigerator again, they can leave a pungent smell. Some housewives are forced to abandon their use due to allergic reactions. However, it is possible to remove the fungus with the help of cheaper, but no less reliable and proven folk remedies.
Before you start processing the internal surfaces of the cooling chamber, you must remove all the products, examine them carefully and throw away all that show signs of mold damage!
You need to get / remove all trays, shelves and drawers that need to be washed separately. For the time it takes to wash the refrigerator, all removable parts should be soaked in water, adding two glasses of vinegar. After processing, they must be well dried.
Sodium bicarbonate has excellent disinfecting and cleansing properties. The advantage of soda is that it helps not only to remove the mold, but also helps to prevent its recurrence. To remove the fungus, we dilute the soda in water( for 1 liter of water - 1 tablespoon of soda) and carefully wipe dry all the shelves and niches, paying special attention to hard-to-reach places. After processing, it is necessary to thoroughly dry and ventilate the refrigerator. To enhance the effect, a little vinegar can be added to the solution.
Soda, even when dissolved, is a light abrasive. In addition, it does not always dissolve completely, so do not rub it with a sponge - you can scratch the surface of the camera.
Laundry soap and bleach
Soap the sponge, wipe the refrigerator, and then wash off the soap suds with clean water.
Chlorine bleach removes black stains well, but it leaves behind a very sharp characteristic odor, so the camera will have to be washed well again and dried.
Hydrogen peroxide has antifungal and disinfectant properties. Undiluted peroxide is poured into the sprayer, then the entire surface is sprayed, paying special attention to the foci of infection. As an option - you can use an ordinary sponge. After 2-3 minutes, wipe everything with a clean cloth / napkin.
Hydrogen peroxide can bleach surfaces, so it is not recommended to use it in refrigerators with a dark-colored cooling chamber.
It is very important to dry the refrigerator well after processing. To speed up the process and achieve a good result, you can use a fan heater or hair dryer. To consolidate the effect and to prevent the re-occurrence of mold, the refrigerator can be treated with an ultraviolet lamp.
How to prepare a refrigerator for winter at the cottageIn order not to waste time and effort in the spring against an undesirable "guest", the refrigerator needs to be properly prepared for a long break in work. First of all, it is necessary to thoroughly clean and disinfect the refrigerator compartment. In this case, you can use very strong tools - during the winter the smell will have time to completely disappear. After washing, the refrigerator must be wiped dry. The door for the winter must be left open - this will create minimally acceptable conditions inside the refrigerator for the occurrence and development of mold. Even if it manifests itself before spring, it will not be difficult to get rid of the mold.
How to prevent mold from appearing in the
refrigerator The optimal conditions for the development of mold are moisture and air stagnation. So to prevent its manifestation is quite simple:
- Inside the refrigerator, you need to put a substance that will absorb / absorb excess moisture, making the air in the chamber dry. A proven method is to use special silica gel or, if it is not at hand, with improvised means, such as soda or activated carbon. The latter is also supported by the fact that, in addition to moisture, it also absorbs odors. Periodically( optimally - once a month) soda should be changed to fresh.
- Regular airing - just leave the refrigerator door open for 0.5-1 minutes, during this time almost complete air exchange will occur.
- Immediately remove food with signs of spoiled food from the refrigerator. The spoiled product not only becomes a breeding ground for the development of mold, but also a source of infection for the entire refrigerator.
- Ensure the tightness of the refrigerating chamber - sealing gum should fit snugly to the body, not letting in warm, saturated with water vapor, air.
- It is advisable to use special containers for food storage, with tight-fitting lids.
- If something has spilled and even just dripped a little on the shelf, wipe it clean immediately.
- Do not start the situation - when the first slightest signs of fungi or mold appear, immediately wash the chamber thoroughly.
The smell does not always mean that a mold or fungus has settled in the refrigerator. Heavy "smell" could arise as a result of mixing the flavors of different products. Separately, they smell very appetizing, but their combination can eventually turn into an annoying, unpleasant stench. That is why products with a strong smell should be stored in hermetically sealed containers, as an option - tightly packed in cling film.
Do not put air fresheners / air fresheners in the refrigerator. They do not absorb, but mask the smell by another, more intense. This can lead to the fact that the products, absorbing the smell of the freshener, lose their natural aroma and taste.
There is another effective method to get rid of the smell of mold in the refrigerator. To do this, several slices of fresh lemon on a saucer should be placed in the chamber for several days. If the smell continues to be felt, you can try replacing the lemon.