- 1.General information
- 2. Purpose of the building hair dryer
- 3. Classification depending on the purpose
- 4. Types of building hair dryers
- 5. Main characteristics
- 6. Additional functions
- 7. Configuration
- 8. Recommended manufacturers
- 9. Tips
- 10 User Manual. Tips for choosing an
construction hair dryer Building hair dryer is a very multifunctional tool that can really do a lot. All its advantages have, for sure, been experienced by people who are professionally engaged in construction, repair or installation work. If you are faced with a task, , how to choose an hair dryer, which will have the necessary set of functions and will fully justify your needs and costs in the future, then you should start with the types and functions of this tool.
1. General information
Building hair dryer has found its application in various spheres of human life. It is a device that works with using the heated air flow and is intended for heating various materials during construction and installation work.
An important feature of the
dryer is its ability to direct the flow of hot air to exactly the right place. The temperature of the
flow of heated air reaches 300-500 ° C, but there are models that have lower temperatures, for example 50 ° C. The design of the
of this device is very simple
.In the case, which is made of durable plastic, an electric motor, a heat-insulating casing and a heating element are mounted.
The electric motor runs on very high elements and drives the heated air to the nozzle, which creates a directed air flow. The handle has a start button, and the cord at the outlet of the case is equipped with special anti-kink protection. The performance of an
building hair dryer is determined by the amount of air flowing through the device per unit of time. Some models are equipped with the ability to adjust the amount of forced air. This very handy feature will be very useful if you work with small parts that can be blown away by a strong airflow. Another very important parameter
is the ability to adjust the heating temperature. This makes it possible to use the device as accurately as possible when working with various materials.
2. Appointment of the construction dryer
With this tool you can perform a large number of various works, spending a little time. Application and The operation of this device is very is simple, but its performance and efficiency is much higher than when using many other available tools.
- You can easily remove layer of old varnish , paint, wallpaper and other materials from any surface using a special spatula scraper. The flow of hot air will melt the old coating, and you can remove it much faster than other methods.
- Very quickly to dry a thick layer of putty, glue, tile joints, decorative stucco molding or joints of parts before performing the insulation will also help the building dryer.
- You can create the required configuration from polyvinyl chloride or polystyrene materials, pipes, rods made of polyurethane, acrylic and even plexiglas using a stream of hot air of various temperatures.
- In order to make a thermoplastic protective coating for wires and cables, a building dryer is also useful.
- For defrost iced downpipes, locks, wires or steps.
- For disinfection wood. The flow of hot air will help get rid of insects and microorganisms that can live in the wood.
- For gluing dimensional parts by increasing the exposure time and the local heating of the junction.
- For dismantling for old fasteners filled with varnish, paint, glue or other substance that is difficult to remove mechanically.
- For spikes polyvinyl chloride tubes.
- When repairing an roof, a building dryer will help to weld roofing material, overlapped or cut roofing materials.
- The use of hot air while the accelerates the bonding process of the .
- . You can perform repair of pipes using tin or silver solder.
- Solder or unsolder copper pipes, wires or cable.
As you can see, we were not deceiving, claiming that this is an universal tool. It is definitely useful in the household, when performing repair or replacement of wiring and water pipes, and in professional activities. The main is to select the required temperature and air flow rate. These parameters are the key criteria by which different types of hair dryers are distinguished.
3. Classification depending on the purpose
Depending on the temperature range and intensity of the load, during operation distinguishes three of the main of the type of building dryers:
- Household .This device is designed for a small amount of work performed. The maximum duration of continuous operation of such a tool is no more than 15 minutes. Instruments of this type usually do not have a function of smooth adjustment of temperature, and the maximum temperature of heating the air flow reaches 500ºС, in rare cases - 560ºС. The advantages of the of such a tool are in its affordable price, ease of operation and minimum power consumption. The short time of continuous operation, low power and a small set of additional functions can be attributed to the disadvantages of the .
- Professional hairdryer is used for many construction works. Such models have a function of smooth adjustment of temperature and temperature stabilization. The insulating casing of such a tool can be removable, and the handle will be closed. The advantages of include the versatility of such hair dryers. The disadvantage of will be the cost of this equipment.
- Industrial dryer is used for extensive and intensive construction work. This is the most complete tool for picking. It has all available functions of this equipment, has the highest temperature of the heat flow - 700ºС and its maximum power - more than 2 kW.And most importantly - it has the ability of continuous operation for a long time. The disadvantages of also have such a tool - this is its high cost and considerable weight, as well as high electricity consumption. On the other hand, this equipment can cope with any task.
Which hair dryer to choose? Everything depends on the personal needs .It is reasonable to assess the need for certain functions. Such a balanced approach will help you to significantly save .
4. Types of building hair dryers
Depending on the design of the building, building hair dryers are divided into three of the form :
- The direct dryer has no special handle. It is replaced by the back of the straight body, for which the tool is held during operation. Such a device has a very small weight and compact dimensions, which allows it to be used in a limited space. However, due to direct contact with the housing, you may be subjected to electric shock, which makes the less a safe than a pistol or combination hairdryer.
- Pistol view has a handle located perpendicular to the axis of the body. This is the most safe and reliable with operating device .But its use will be difficult in limited conditions.
- The combined view is the “ gold ” middle , between the first and second type of building fen. Its handle can be removable or swivel, which makes its application universal, regardless of operating conditions.
In turn, the handle of the dryer can be divided into two types:
- The closed handle complicates working with the tool in a confined space, but protects the worker’s hands from damage by hot air flow, particles of the materials being processed, and also from contact with the heated surface, which makes use ofhairdryer safe.
- The open handle does not hinder movement and does not create restrictions when working in hard-to-reach places, but when working with such a tool you must be very careful and attentive, because your hands are not protected from burns and other injuries.
5. Main characteristics of
Any type of building dryers has a series of readings , , determining its potential capabilities and scope. distinguishes three of the main indicator :
- Maximum power .This is an indicator that determines the efficiency and speed of the instrument. A hair dryer with more power can pass a large amount of air through itself, warms up to the required temperature faster and operates at higher temperatures. Accordingly, using such a tool, you can perform large volumes of work in a short period of time. The power of building dryers varies from 930 to 2300 W, depending on the area of their application. For example, the power rating for an household instrument reaches a maximum of 1750 W , professional fens - up to 2000 W , and industrial - more than 2000 W .
- The maximum flow determines the performance of the instrument. In other words, it is a certain amount of air that a hairdryer passes through itself for a certain period of time. This value is measured in liters per minute( l / min).The higher this indicator, the higher the performance of the tool, and the faster it is able to heat the surface to be processed to the required temperature. For household dryers, the maximum flow rate is 450 l / min , for professional - 500 l / min , and for industrial - more than 650 l / min
- Maximum temperature .This indicator is directly dependent on the maximum power. Consequently, the higher the power of the dryer, the higher the temperature of the air flow. Household devices can heat an air stream up to a maximum of 500ºС , sometimes 560ºС. Professional devices provide the indicator 650ºС , and the industrial - 700ºС .When choosing a hair dryer, you should not forget about the minimum temperature of the , at which the tool can work. For example, for drying paint or cooling places of soldering, low temperatures are needed, which are not available in all models.
- The weight of an building hair dryer is an important indicator that influences the duration of the continuous operation of the tool and the convenience of its operation. Work with heavy and overall devices is fraught with the rapid appearance of fatigue, which means that the duration of the work process will be short, and light devices usually have low power indices. The best option would be to use a hair dryer with an average weight that has enough power. The weight of building hair dryers ranges from 500 g to 1800 g. Average models have a weight of 1000 - 1200 g.
- . Operating modes .Construction hair dryers have two main and one additional modes. First - work at the minimum temperature, second - the maximum temperature of the air flow, additional - cold blow mode. This mode contributes to the cooling of the device after prolonged use or treated surface. Not all models are equipped with this mode.
6. Additional Functions
For convenience, the with a building hairdryer, this device can be equipped with a number of additional functions. In the first paragraph, we mentioned the function of adjusting the temperature and speed. Now we will explain in more detail:
- Temperature control .This feature allows you to change the temperature of the air flow, depending on the need when performing various works. It can be of two types - smooth and speed .Smooth adjustment has no accurate provisions on a certain place. That is, you can more accurately set the desired temperature. Visually, the regulator resembles a radio slider that scrolls when searching for the desired radio station. Models with this type of adjustment are more expensive and are mainly used for professional use. Step adjustment of temperature has the fixed position of the regulator. Models with such an regulator are cheaper , however, less accurate. Well suited to perform simple household tasks.
- The speed control is used to control the flow rate of hot air at the outlet. The presence of this function of the makes the operation of the of a building hair dryer more than the universal , since you have the opportunity to adapt to various parts and materials.
- Stabilization of the temperature regime .A very useful feature that allows you to keep the air flow temperature constant, even when influenced by various environmental factors. For example, voltage drops in the electrical network will not affect the operation of the device. With this function, the automatically adjusts the outlet air temperature by the , without overheating the surface or parts to be treated. In addition, this feature protects the heating element from premature failure due to overheating.
- Built-in memory .This function is equipped with the most expensive models of building hair dryers. It remembers and reproduces the last used mode. Also, the protects the device from overloads and prolongs its service life.
- Thermostat .In other words - overheating protection. Certainly, is an essential function of , which will extend the life of your equipment. When working with a hairdryer, when it is perpendicular to the surface to be treated, the heating element can often overheat due to reflection from the material back onto the spiral. In the presence of a thermostop, the thermoelement is simply turned off.
- Filtering incoming air .This function significantly prolongs the service life of the device, as small particles of garbage and dust linger at the entrance on a special filter, which is very easy to remove and replace or clean. This prevents contamination of the internal cavity of the dryer.
- Control display .It may be a small display or LED backlight. This function will be useful for professional use of a building hair dryer and for the performance of responsible and high-precision work , which require constant temperature control, but overheating or insufficient heating of the treated surface is not acceptable.
- The thermoprotective cover, which is located on the pipe through which air enters, can be either removable or non-removable .It protects the working hands from burns, and the removable type will become convenient when used in hard to reach places.
7. The complete set of
The basic complete set of the building hairdryer, in addition to nozzles, may include special scrapers, additional handles, adapters, welding rods, a case. The most of the most important out of all listed are the nozzles .They form defined air flow required for various jobs. By changing the airflow options, you can expand the capabilities of the device and its scope. Nozzles are cheap consumable items that are easy to replace with new ones in case of loss or breakage. There are so many options for the implementation of nozzles, depending on the needs of the user. We will consider the most basic :
- Round nozzles are best used for soldering or heating copper pipes or sealing products with welding tape( # 1 in the figure)
- Flat nozzles are used to remove old coatings, such as varnishes, paints, wallpapers, and veneer. Or for deformation of thin plastic( No. 2)
- Reflex nozzles are used to deform polymer pipes. They have a frontal rounded outlet, which heats the pipe from two sides. This nozzle is suitable for pressing and heating shrink( No. 3)
- Slotted nozzles make it easy to glue overlapped PVC sheet( No. 4)
- Cutting nozzles look like a narrow oblate. It creates a concentrated, accurate flow of heated air, with which it is possible to cut or shape foam polystyrene( # 5)
- Side nozzles are very convenient for removing paintwork from window frames when glass overheating is unacceptable( # 6)
- Mirrornozzles are used for welding plastic materials. Heat from the air flow is returned to the part using a mirror( No. 7)
Another useful feature is the auxiliary loop .It rather refers to the design features, but nevertheless, is a very convenient addition. When mixing and heating solutions, you can hang the device at the required height and do the work with two hands .It can also be useful when it is necessary to direct a stream of heated air to a certain place for a long time. Special hooks and supports will help to install the equipment on a flat surface at the required angle. These two functions define the parking method of the tool. Do not forget about the storage location for your device - special case . Using it when transporting significantly will extend the life of your device .
8. Recommended manufacturers
When buying such a serious and versatile equipment in any case you should not save on its cost. There are several manufacturers that have proven themselves to be very worthy of the quality of the materials used and have repeatedly confirmed their reliability and durability. Remember that cheap models of unknown manufacturers that you have never heard of, very will quickly fail and even the money spent on them will not work. Cheaper price of the device is due to the use of poor quality plastic, short-lived heating elements or electric motors. Such little-known manufacturers, which, hardly, can ensure a long service life, include cheap models of the brands “ Zenith ”, “ Elprom ” or “ Proton ”.It is better to to refuse from buying a hair dryer with that name.
Well-known trademarks such as Bosch, Makita, DeWALT, Steinel, Stern, DWT.These firms produce not only high-quality building hair dryers, but also many other equipment. In general, these brands are characterized by quality assembly , safety their tools, sturdy materials, reliable electronics. Naturally, the cost of such a hairdryer will be higher, but you will not have to regret buying, especially since for the entire product, you will be provided with an official warranty card.
9. Operating tips
Any device must be properly and carefully used .Especially with a construction hair dryer, as in fact, it is a very fragile device that does not suffer , therefore to fix the hair dryer in the required position, must be used special hooks or loop, which we wrote.
Do not use the hair dryer near flammable liquids. Since most of the hair dryers fail due to overheating , which happens when using the device in a perpendicular position to the treated surface, try to keep the hair dryer tilted at 45º.It will not affect the quality of the work done, but it will save your device from breakage.
After finishing work, let the dryer completely cool the and only then remove it in the case. Never leave a working unattended .When working with a hairdryer, do not forget about own security .Never check the temperature of the air flow with your hands; this will inevitably cause to cause burns. When removing paintwork materials, always use the , use the with the special scraper and wear the with an respirator. Ideally, work with a hair dryer on open air or in a well-ventilated area.
10. Tips for choosing an
construction hair dryer The most main before buying is to decide with with your personal needs and the intensity of the hair dryer. If you purchase an appliance for home repair, then the household model is enough for you; if you plan to make money on it, then prefer the more powerful professional model with additional features.
Be sure to pay attention to the cord length !Hair dryers that have a cord less than 3 meters in length will be very uncomfortable to use, and so that you can reach all corners of the room, you will have to additionally use extension cords, which is not always convenient or appropriate.
When buying, pay attention to the appearance of the device. Its body should not have scuffs, scratches, the junction of parts should not have large gaps and backlashes. All elements of the device must fit snugly to each other. Check if the equipment complies with the equipment listed in the instructions. View the all nozzles, adapters and especially the power cord. He should not have kinks. Choose anti-kink models. Ask the seller to demonstrate the to you of the operability of the device. And most importantly - choose only from proven manufacturers .