- Causes unpleasant smell
- Methods for cleaning
- How to prevent unpleasant smellJust because dirty dishes are put into the technique, this can contribute to the formation of an unpleasant odor. The smell does not appear immediately, but if you do not take any action to clean it for a long time, then be prepared, sooner or later, there will be a smell. Sometimes odor can be the cause and technical origin. Consider in detail the causes of the unpleasant smell and how to eliminate them.
Causes unpleasant smell
The reason for the appearance of smell is actually unkempt dishwasher. In particular, if it appeared, pay attention to the most common points where food debris can accumulate and cause an unpleasant smell.
Drain filter. Often it collects waste and after some time, an unpleasant odor appears. First, take the instructions and find out its location. For high-quality cleaning of the drain filter, you need to unscrew it, remove the rack and rinse under running water. Then, wipe the filter with a clean cloth and set it back.
Rubber gasket on the door. The gasket located on the door can collect various contaminants. But it is easy enough to clean it, from time to time it is necessary to wipe the gum with a wet sponge, it can be treated with detergent. Then wipe the clean gasket dry. In addition, dishwashers have a special program for rinsing, which is used to flush out dirt. It should be run when took out clean dishes.
Drain hose. If the hose is clogged with particles of food that accumulate during the washing process, the appearance of an unpleasant smell is inevitable. This can only happen when the hose itself is incorrectly installed. Its wrong location causes stagnation of dirty waste water. If this is the reason, then it simply should be disconnected and cleaned. After that, install correctly at a height of 40–100 cm from the floor to avoid similar situations in the future.
Water residue. If water remains in the dishwasher, it can contribute to the formation of an unpleasant smell of dampness, and mold can also appear. Therefore, you should always pay attention to this. Try to dry the sink after each use, wipe dry and leave the door ajar for air circulation.
The smell of plastic and glue. This kind of smell can occur when you put the dish, which is not provided for washing in the dishwasher or was set to high temperature mode. Therefore, especially at high temperatures, such dishes may emit a specific odor.
Ways of cleaning
The unpleasant smell from the machine is a problem, but it is sometimes solved with little effort. Do not be alarmed, lastly you will need the help of a specialist. It is worth knowing the simple techniques of how to get rid of the smell in the dishwasher.
- Cleaning soda. The usual absorbent, assistant in all cases - soda. Its main property in this case is the elimination of odors. To do this, pour a glass of soda onto the bottom of the machine and start the washing cycle. Without dishes to drive the program.
- Vinegar Cleaning. During operation, scale and other contamination can form, which over time can cause odor. Therefore, they must also be removed. To do this, you can use a bite, pour a glass of vinegar to the bottom of the sink and run the program on a high temperature. This should be done without dishes in the dishwasher.
- Special Chemicals. For dishwashers there are a number of special detergents. Means for its cleaning are also sold separately. They are focused and therefore very effective. Professionally cope with the removal of grease, dirt, scale. Usually for such funds it is necessary to pay more than using household methods. However, proper care is a long and coordinated work of your equipment.
How to prevent the appearance of an unpleasant odorIn general, the process of using the washer requires:
- Removing food residues from dishes before putting them in the washer.
- After the end of the washing program, when you have taken out the dishes, inspect for dirt and food particles. Clean the machine dry.
- Use special chemicals to clean the machine. Do this regularly, roughly once every two months.
- Keep the strainer clean. Check for clogging.
- Not recommended for a long time to keep the loaded sink with dirty dishes. As an option, if you do not plan to wash, then at least turn on rinsing. To prevent the occurrence of an unpleasant smell, you can use special flavors for washing.
- Put a piece of lemon in the compartment with the instruments, and an unpleasant smell will not appear.
If you do everything right from the first days of using the equipment, then problems with the appearance of an unpleasant smell will never arise.