- №1.How to reconcile redevelopment?
- №2.What legislation to take into account?
- №3.What to consider when replacing plumbing?
- №4.What are the benefits of combining a bathroom and toilet?
- №5.When should a bathroom be combined?
- №6.Features of combining the bathroom in Khrushchev and panel houses
- №7.Features of the expansion of the bathroom
- №8.How to equip the combined bathroom?
- №9.We share the combined bathroom
- №10.What to do after redevelopment?
- In conclusion,
The dimensions of bathrooms and toilets in typical Soviet-built apartments, to put it mildly, are not very encouraging. As a rule, the area of the bathroom is no more than 2-3 m2, and the toilet can be only 1 m2 in area. On the convenience and elegant design in such conditions can not speak. Changing the situation for the better will help redevelop the bathroom, which aims to increase its area. What legislation and advice should be considered in this?
№1.How to reconcile redevelopment?
Virtually any action in re-equipping the bathroom should be coordinated with the relevant authorities. Depending on the scale of change, you need to use one of the following two matching schemes:
- , a simplified scheme, .Suitable for those who demolish the partition between the bathroom and toilet, but does not increase the area of the bathroom due to adjacent rooms. This option is also applicable when moving plumbing items from place to place, but is not suitable if you need to install a new item. In all these cases, a sketch will suffice;
- redevelopment for the project takes more time to complete the approval process. It is necessary in the case of combining a bathroom with neighboring rooms, for example, a closet, or transferring it to another part of an apartment or house. If you plan to enthrall the number of plumbing fixtures( for example, at the expense of a bidet), you also need to draw up a project, because the amount of water consumed and its points of use will be increased.
As you can see, such redevelopment requires a competent approach and coordination with the Housing Inspectorate. Unauthorized installation and dismantling can result in impressive fines and the requirement to return the home to its original state.
The possible variants of bathroom redevelopment today are:
- transfer and / or replacement of sanitary devices;
- bathroom and toilet combination;
- separation of a bathroom into a bathroom and a toilet;
- expansion of the bathroom area due to non-residential premises.
№2.What legislation to take into account?
Although the apartment is in the private property of each of us, you can’t do anything you want with it. It is important to know basic safety rules , so that innocent redevelopment of the bathroom in the desire to increase your comfort does not turn into a danger for all residents of the house and for households.
When drafting a future bathroom plan, the following rules should be taken into account:
- cannot be redeveloped if after it the bathroom is located above the living area or kitchen of the neighbors below;
- entrance to the bathroom can not be from the kitchen or living space, if it is the only toilet in the apartment. If there are two bathrooms equipped with a toilet, for example, then the door to one of them can be located in the kitchen;
- combining the bathroom requires high-quality waterproofing of the floor of the entire wet area. In order for the Housing Inspectorate to accept redevelopment, it is imperative to remove the previous screed and put a new one( along with waterproofing).Such works must be reflected in the Hidden Works Act, otherwise the inspector may not accept redevelopment;
- floor in the bathroom should be 1.5-2 cm lower than in the residential area. You can avoid cutting the floor with the help of the installation of a separating nut.
As for the ergonomic requirements of the , for convenient use of the bathroom, the regulations provide for the minimum necessary space in front of all sanitary fixtures. Before the bath or shower - 70 cm and more, in front of the toilet - at least 60 cm, on each side - 25 cm, in front of the sink - 70 cm.
№ 3.What to consider when replacing plumbing?
Transfer and replacement of plumbing in most cases refers to the conversion, which is performed according to a sketch and requires only notification of the Housing Inspection. Replacement of one plumbing with the same size can be done even without notice. Coordination requires the transfer of devices from one place to another( for example, replacing the bathroom and toilet, etc.).
№4.What are the benefits of combining a bathroom and toilet?
Such redevelopment is one of the most popular. It allows you to increase the area of the bathroom, to place a more spacious bathroom or vice versa, to free up a significant place by installing a shower cabin. As a rule, the partition separating the toilet and the bathroom is not a carrier, and therefore its demolition does not require the production of project documentation. Enough sketch, made by a specialist design organization.
The advantages of combining the bathroom are obvious:
- when removing the wall and eliminating one doorway creates additional space that can be used to install the necessary plumbing and furniture items, and they can be placed more conveniently;
- saving on facing one wall and installing a door, because instead of two doorways there will be only one;
- is often the problem of the bathrooms in apartment buildings is not the most logical arrangement of communications, which take up a lot of space. With the redevelopment of this deficiency, at least partially, you can get rid of.
Small life hacking. If the layout of the apartment allows, is better that the bathroom door opens to the outside. In this case, there will be more space in the bathroom for the location of necessary items, and this is an increase in functionality.
№5.When should a bathroom be combined?
The main reason for going on the process of dismantling the partition and combining the bathroom and toilet is the insufficient area of these premises. But in some cases, this is still not worth it:
- if the family is large , then at certain hours( in the morning and before bedtime) a queue will accumulate in the bathroom. In this case, it would be better to separate the bathroom;
- Some older people, most of whose life was spent in Soviet times, still perceive the combined bathroom as something uncomfortable and undervalued. If you do not want to quarrel and upset the old people, it makes sense to leave the partition in place;
- when the bathroom is adjacent to the kitchen .Combined bathroom is a source of odors that can penetrate into the kitchen room even with good ventilation and the use of air fresheners. Yes, and the sounds of the cistern, reaching from the bathroom to dinner, not everyone wants to endure.
№6.Features of combining the bathroom in the Khrushchev and
panel houses With the panel houses, things are a little different. Often, and in them it is possible to demolish the separating wall, but there are houses in which it turns out to be a carrier. Owners of apartments in panel houses already at the stage of the emergence of thoughts about the redevelopment of the bathroom need to look in the data sheet and make sure that such actions can be done.
The process of dismantling a wall in a panel house is somewhat more complicated than a similar process in the same Khrushchev, because breaking reinforced concrete is not as easy as a brick partition. In this case, the grinder is used, but it is difficult to do without wall supports, otherwise the concrete part of the wall may collapse, leaving only the reinforcement.
№7.Features of the expansion of the bathroom
Increase the bathroom or toilet can be done in two ways:
- at the expense of non-residential premises( corridor, storeroom);
- at the expense of residential premises.
The law clearly states that wet rooms( kitchen, bathroom or toilet) cannot be located above the living rooms of the neighbors below. Therefore, cannot increase the area of the bathroom at the expense of the dwelling in apartments located above the ground floor. The only exceptions are two-level apartments( second level), as well as those apartments, under which non-residential premises are located. It should also be remembered that the room, due to which the expansion of the wet zone occurred, ceases to be residential( it cannot be located a bedroom, nursery, living room, etc.).
With the expansion due to the corridor, it is first necessary to conduct a technical inspection of the apartment for the possibility of this redevelopment. It is desirable that it was conducted directly by a representative of the building designer. The survey will make it possible to find out whether the partitions between the bathroom and the corridor are non-bearing and whether it is possible to dismantle them without disturbing the integrity of the apartment building. If the partitions are not bearing, then the redevelopment is coordinated according to a sketch, with the obligatory waterproofing of the entire wet zone and reflected in the Act of Hidden Works.
№8.How to equip the combined bathroom?
After the demolition of the partition and the elimination of one doorway, additional space is formed that can be used to install the necessary items: a washing machine, a bidet, a locker, etc. But the first question is, , what to use, bath or shower? Of course, using the bathroom is nice, but is it often someone in the family accepts it? If everyone mostly uses a shower, the answer is obvious, and the space saved can be used to advantage.
The choice of modern shower enclosures , without exaggeration, is huge - there is a model for every taste. In addition, you can purchase corner bath , which will be a compromise solution between the shower and a regular bath. If, even after combining, the bathroom area is not very large, then an excellent option is to use the shower panel, which takes up minimal space.
It is convenient to arrange additional storage places under the sink, if you equip it with a worktop and place lockers under it. Store there it will be possible appliances, towels, hygiene items.
In order to visually make the bathroom a little more spacious , you can use some tricks. For finishing, it is better to choose light shades, to ensure an adequate level of illumination in each of the zones, and the floor and shower area can be laid out with tiles of the same color. Instead of floor plumbing, you can use a curtain: room will seem more spacious, and cleaning will be easier. Mirrors , like air, are necessary in the bathroom: they serve not only so that you can see yourself, but also visually increase the space, and with proper positioning they simply work wonders. Preference is better to give large mirror paintings.
№9.We share the combined bathroom
When the number of grown family members increases, a queue starts to gather in the bathroom during rush hours. At this point, many decide to divide the combined bathroom. The wall will still have to be broken to form another doorway, and the partition can be laid out not only from bricks and foam blocks, nor from moisture-resistant gypsum board .The partition should be double. It will be possible to erect such a wall quickly, but it will not suffer from the impact of water in any way.
If there was a bath in the combined bathroom, then now she will most likely have to be abandoned in favor of the corner option or a shower cabin. If you correctly plan the space, you will get another sink and a washing machine.
# 10.What to do after redevelopment?
When the redevelopment took place, you need to take care of the update of the technical passport for the apartment , which should reflect all changes. The procedure will be approximately as follows:
- call inspector Housing Inspection;
- receiving acts of hidden work from a construction company that performed all the work;
- receiving acts of the completed conversion from the inspector of the Housing Inspectorate, which are signed by the construction organization and returned to the inspection;
- call BTI technique for measuring;
- getting a new tech passport.
Already at the stage of the emergence of the idea of re-equipping the bathroom, you need to make sure it is possible in a particular case. If yes, then it is better to begin with taking measurements and drawing up a plan for arranging plumbing and furniture in the future bathroom: this will greatly facilitate the implementation of all repairs and tell them their sequence.