- №1.The main advantages of soft wall panels
- №2.Where can soft wall panels be used?
- №3.Material of soft wall panels
- №4.Filling type
- №5.The size and method of forming
- №6.The best manufacturers of
No. Soft wall panels do it yourself At the end of
- "House of walls"
- "MK Building"
- LLC "Soft sign"
- LLC "Knerzer Group"
- "Parquet Avenue"
Soft wall panels will help bring comfort to the room and make it original. Despite the appearance of numerous modern finishes, textiles do not give up their positions in popularity, however, now it is implemented in a completely new form. What are soft wall panels made of, what nuances should be taken into account when choosing them and is it possible to create such panels by yourself? This will be discussed in the article.
№1.The main advantages of soft wall panels
Wall panels have an original appearance, so they can be an excellent decoration for any room: they can be finished as one of the walls of the room, and its part, for example, above the headboard. However,
high decoration is not the only advantage of
soft wall panels. The pluses also include:
- excellent sound insulation qualities, so this material often revets the walls of the bedroom, creating a total comfort and silence there;
- easy installation;
- ability to hide the defects of the walls;
- panels made of leather or artificial leather do not accumulate dust and are amenable to wet cleaning.
Trying to make the design of the apartment unique, it is important to remember that soft wall panels also have drawbacks:
- panels made of fabric and suede attract dust and will retain their original attractive look for only a few years;
- the cost of such a material is high, and if you need to make panels to order, the price rises several times.
Soft panels are used to veneer walls, but they are also used for finishing ceilings, podiums, for space zoning, etc.
№2.Where can soft wall panels be used?
The most suitable room for this finishing material is bedroom .As a rule, soft panels distinguish the area around the bed, but other options are possible. You can choose the panel to match the wallpaper or curtains in the room, or, conversely, play on the contrast.
For children's wall panels are also a good option, because in case of what they will soften the blow. Leather-covered panels can be used for the cabinets, this finish will add status to the workspace.
Soft panels are also suitable for arranging the space of the cinema or nightclub: they look great and are an additional obstacle to the spread of noise. In this case, it is better to use panels made of specially prepared fabrics, for example, those that resist ignition or have an antibacterial effect.
As for the of the interior styles, soft wall panels can look both in art deco and baroque, and in high-tech style - the main thing is to choose the appropriate design and color.
№3.Material of soft wall panels
As a rule, such materials are used for the manufacture of soft wall panels:
- genuine leather .This is the most luxurious and expensive option, and it also shows itself well in use. Such panels will be perfectly combined with both plain wallpaper and abstract drawings, they are in harmony with leather and wooden furniture;
- leatherette .It looks almost as impressive as genuine leather, but it is several times cheaper. Such panels will be as easy to maintain as they are, because they do not attract dust and may be subjected to wet cleaning;
- Alcantara .This is a new material developed in Italy. It looks almost indistinguishable from natural leather, but at the same time it is more elastic and costs several times cheaper;
- textiles .This is the most common option, which gives a huge scope for designer imagination, because you can pick up any pattern, ornament and color. The main thing is that the fabric is strong enough to withstand mechanical damage, friction, the impact of the claws of domestic animals and other negative influences, do not stretch and do not sag over time. The material must be sufficiently dense and retain the original color for a long time. A big minus of the fabric is the ability to attract dust, so it is better to use panels whose fabric is impregnated with special antistatic substances, but even in this case you will have to regularly vacuum the surface of the soft panels. As a rule, tapestry fabrics are used, but it is not forbidden to sheathe panels with the same material from which the curtains are made, however, such decoration will be less.
Some manufacturers can custom-make panels using some other materials: it all depends on personal wishes and interior features.
№4.Type of Fill
The properties and quality of soft wall panels also depend on what material is used as .The most common options:
- foam .It is often used in the manufacture of thick panels, is considered excellent in all parameters of the material. True, foam rubber has one drawback - it eventually begins to crumble, however, very few people make repairs less often than once every 15 years, and the foam rubber will endure this period;
- synthetic winterizer .With the help of this material, a more uniform surface is formed, and since the weight of the padding polyester is less than foam rubber, the upholstery material will stretch and sag less.
In very rare cases mineral wool is used to fill the panels. The lower layer of the is responsible for durability and gives shape, and it is usually made from plastic sheets, plywood, chipboard or MDF.
№5.Size and method of forming
The dimensions of soft wall panels vary widely. It can be small soft tiles measuring 10 * 10 cm and huge panels 1.5 * 2.7 m. The shape is usually square, rhombus or rectangle. Sometimes large panels occupying all walls are replaced by mounting two slats at the bottom and at the top, the space between which is filled with padding polyester, and then the fabric is stretched onto the structure, but this option does not quite fit the description of soft wall panels.
If the small elements are usually made smooth, the large panels are often made using the captain, or the carriage coupler. Its essence lies in embedding large decorative buttons in the material in a certain sequence. Such decorations are often used in the manufacture of furniture, and earlier they were used to design aristocratic interiors.
Buttons are usually staggered, forming squares or diamonds. In addition, a whole picture can be formed from buttons( company logo, family coat of arms, etc.), thus giving an interesting look to the room. The four-sided screed looks better on solid materials, especially on leather, velor, velvet, suede, leatherette. Often, captain is also used for small panels, whose main advantage is the simplicity of replacing damaged elements.
The size of soft wall panels is selected depending on your own design ideas and room parameters. If it is more convenient to work with large panels for finishing a whole wall in a room, then it would be more appropriate to use small panels to decorate only a small area. By the way, the elements can be completely different shapes, gathering on the wall as a kind of puzzle.
Although the soft wall panels themselves are voluminous, the so-called 3D panels stand out separately. They are made on the basis of MDF panels, gypsum or an array, which is given a certain shape, and then they are either painted or covered with leather or textiles. The latter option is often referred to as soft wall panels, but due to the absence of a layer of padding polyester or foam rubber, they cannot be considered as such.
№6.The best manufacturers of
Soft wall panels are popular in different countries of the world, where they have established their own production. In Russia, the products of foreign enterprises are represented a little, since the cost of panels due to transportation increases several times. In different parts of the country, there are well-equipped production facilities, which also produce panels to order. On the largest and proven and dwell.
This company specializes in the manufacture of beds, but gradually expands the production of related products. The company is equipped with modern European equipment, which is the production of wall panels of different types: fabric, leather, eco-leather and Alcantara. Design options mass, there is separately a whole series of panels for cinemas and clubs.
"House of Walls"
The company manufactures furniture, leather fronts for furniture and soft wall panels. The manufacturer prides itself on high product quality and its individual design, using the highest quality and safe raw materials. The company offers the creation of custom design panels and assistance in the development of sketches. As a cladding material for the panels, leather, suede, alcantara, fabric, as well as fibers with specific properties can be used: incombustible, antibacterial, splitting odors. The range also includes 3D panels.
The leading domestic company producing designer furniture MOLIZE recently mastered the process of making soft wall panels, and now this area has become the main activity of the company. The consistently high quality of products is ensured by cooperation with the best manufacturers of leather, fabric and accessories, training of company employees at European enterprises and constant quality control. Panels are made upholstered in leather, fabric and leatherette, it is possible to fulfill individual orders.
This company is based in Yekaterinburg and carries out the production of soft wall panels simultaneously with the manufacture of furniture. The range includes options made of leather, eco-leather and fabric, it is possible to manufacture panels according to customer requirements for size and color.
Soft Sign LLC
This Perm company among other products also produces soft wall panels under the Soft Sign trademark. Foam rubber and sintepon are used as filler, upholstery is made of flock, velor, jacquard, tapestry and other furniture fabrics, natural leather and imitation leather. The company offers both ready-made options with a unique design, and the development of panels according to its own idea.
Knerzer Group LLC
The company is engaged in the production of children's furniture and soft wall panels, offering a wide choice of ready-made options with leather, leatherette and fabric upholstery. At the request of the customer panels of any size( from 5 cm) and design are made.
The company opened 12 years ago and initially specialized in the production of floor coverings. Today, the range of manufacturers has expanded significantly, and soft wall panels have become almost the main field of activity. The manufacturer focuses on the manufacture of panels with leather upholstery.
№7.Soft wall panels do it yourself
To save and realize your own interior idea as accurately as possible, you can make soft panels yourself. The process is simple, does not require special skills, but accuracy and patience will be needed. The main stages:
- design development, selection of the size and preparation of all the necessary elements: plywood or chipboard, fabric, decorative buttons, glue, foam rubber, ruler and pencil, drill, scissors, stapler, nylon cord;
- preparation of the base and filler of appropriate sizes;
- preparation of pieces of fabric. To the size of each element is to add the allowances for the thickness of the plate and for the bend on the wrong side;
- if buttoning is foreseen, then plywood marking is necessary at this stage. Places where there will be buttons, are drilled by a drill;
- foam rubber or synthetic winterizer glued to the base, on top of the fabric is superimposed;
- buttons are attached with a nylon thread, which is fixed on the back side in several places with a stapler to the base;
- fabric is tightly tensioned and fixed with a stapler from the wrong side.
Soft wall panels are a great way to make a room more comfortable, give it exclusivity and originality. The appearance of this material is captivating more and more people, and there are more and more applications every day.