- How to make bamboo wallpaper?
- Pros and cons of bamboo wallpaper
- Choosing the color of bamboo wallpaper
- Combining bamboo wallpaper with other materials
- Bamboo wallpaper in the interior of different rooms
- We select the glue for bamboo wallpaper
- Gluing bamboo wallpaper
to apply for the same time to apply for the same time to apply for the patterns to apply for the patterns to apply for the walls to use the wallpaper. In the wake of the popularity of all natural, this material is in high demand and uses for finishing living rooms, offices and hotels .With this wallpaper, you can glue the entire wall or part of to , combining the material with stone, brick, wood, paint, plaster or paper wallpaper. Among the advantages of the finishing material is not only environmental friendliness and beautiful appearance, but also excellent performance. To enjoy the many benefits, you must choose the right bamboo wallpaper for the walls and skillfully glue them.
How to make bamboo wallpaper?
From the name of a finishing material it is easy to guess that the main raw material for production is bamboo, and special varieties are used. Its stems are cut and sent to the drying room with a strictly defined temperature and humidity conditions, then the stems are split, and for the production of wallpaper can be used as the outer part of the trunk, and the inside:
- wallpaper from external cuts get a more interesting pattern with pronouncedornament. The color can be both yellow and green, pistachio, chocolate, tortoise and dark - interesting and rich colors are produced by uneven roasting. The outer part of the trunk is more resistant to ultraviolet rays, so the wallpaper get improved performance;
- wallpaper from the inside of the trunk of the has a smooth polished surface, unexpressed pattern and always light shades. The material is less resistant to UV light, so for additional protection it is coated with varnish or paint. With the help of the latter, the material may be given a darker or saturated shade.
The width of bamboo slats is usually 4-20 mm, they are glued to the fabric base, rice paper or special yew substrate. Reiki can be mounted directly and parallel to each other or intertwined and form a kind of pattern. In the production of prepared slats necessarily sorted by color, so that in one roll and one batch of wallpaper color was approximately the same.
As a rule, the length of bamboo wallpaper in a roll is 10-15 m, is the width of an roll from 0.9 to 2.5 m. The choice depends on what area of walls you need to paste over and is based on the principles of minimum waste, maximum economyand speed of work.
Pros and cons of bamboo wallpaper
The characteristics of the production and materials used to make bamboo wallpaper make to talk about their advantages:
- environmental friendliness .The composition of the material includes only natural ingredients that are not just not harmful to health, but are able to improve the microclimate, because bamboo has the property to prevent the development of pathogens. Such wallpapers can be used in children's rooms, bedrooms and health facilities;
- wear resistance, resistance to temperature extremes and mechanical loads, which suggests a high level of durability ;
- relative simplicity of the sticker, the possibility of mounting the material on a brick wall, drywall and wood;
- easy care ;
- versatility .Bamboo wallpapers can be successfully used in any interior style and combined with many other wall finishing materials.
Now about disadvantages :
- is a high cost , because it is a natural, and exotic, material. On the other hand, if we take into account the durability and strength, then the purchase of bamboo wallpaper can be considered very profitable;
- wallpaper is difficult to cut across slats, and in this case you can hardly do without a grinder. This confirms the resistance of the material to mechanical stress, but during installation may cause some difficulties;
- need to use special glue ;
- the difficulty of joining individual canvases to obtain a solid pattern. To simplify the task came up with special strips, moldings and baseboards, which are used in the joints. Another solution is to use wide wallpapers( about 2.5 m wide) and arrange them in a horizontal plane, mounting directly on the whole wall or on a large section of it.
Choosing the color of bamboo wallpaper
On sale you can find bamboo wallpaper of different shades:
- natural colors are mainly light colors : golden, cream, peach, golden brown, as well as green and olive;
- dark shades can be obtained using special treatment or toning;
- is much less common, but still there are non-standard bright colors wallpaper is a colored material, and it is not in very high demand, since a thick layer of paint hides a unique pattern.
Another option is the wallpaper, made by from the lamellae of different shades , which are intertwined to create a specific pattern. Finding a suitable shade is not as easy as it may seem - usually trading floors offer only a few shades, so it’s best to contact large specialized retailers. For residents of Nizhny Novgorod, Moscow and St. Petersburg, a huge assortment of bamboo and other types of wallpaper offers an online store WallpapersMoll. The company’s catalog contains wallpapers of all possible types from world leading manufacturers, delivery is carried out throughout the country, and samples can be found in 5 showrooms of the company located in different cities.
The choice of a particular shade of depends on personal preferences and characteristics of the room. To bring warmth and comfort to a room that is not sufficiently illuminated or facing the north, will be able to material in warm shades. In overly illuminated rooms, it is better to use wallpaper of cold colors: they will bring coolness and severity.
A combination of bamboo wallpaper with other materials
Bamboo wallpapers perfectly fit eco-style, Japanese, African, tropical and exotic interior style, but with the right choice and combinations can be used in any style. It is not necessary to finish all the walls in the room with bamboo wallpaper - they can be used only for one wall or part of it , highlighting the area near the bed in the bedroom or near the TV in the living room.
The material is excellent combined with other natural coatings , incl.facing brick, plaster, paper wallpaper, decorative stone, paint and tile. It is desirable to support bamboo wallpapers with such interior elements as furniture and decor made from natural materials, fresh flowers, bamboo blinds, paintings with floral patterns and natural landscapes. Good material is combined with wooden floors.
Bamboo wallpaper in the interior of different rooms
Unique performance characteristics make it possible to use bamboo wallpaper in almost any room:
- bedroom and children's room , where the naturalness and environmental friendliness of materials is especially appreciated. The shade can be any depending on the chosen color scale and style of the room. If the ceilings are not high enough, then it is better to glue the wallpaper so that the bamboo stalks take a vertical position, for the visual expansion of the space, on the contrary, use their horizontal arrangement. Excellent bamboo wallpaper look when decorating the head of the bed, can be used to zoning the room;
- living room , where the section of the wall, pasted over with bamboo wallpaper, can become a central style-forming element. Do not forget to support this decoration with appropriate decor items;
- in the hallway there is also a place for bamboo wallpaper. Despite the fact that they can withstand decent loads and are not afraid of moisture, it’s better not to use them near the floor and directly in the area of the entrance door - it’s a pity that expensive material will be constantly subjected to negative influences. It is better to combine bamboo wallpaper with other materials suitable for wall decoration in the hallway;
- in the kitchen in the dining area .Since the care of the coating is simple, the material will withstand all the impacts that are placed on the wall covering in this area of the kitchen.
Extensive possibilities for combining bamboo wallpaper and a large assortment of shades allowed the material to go beyond oriental cafes and restaurants and live in ordinary city apartments, country houses, hotels, and even offices.
We select the glue for bamboo wallpaper
The material is quite heavy, so the usual wallpaper glue will not sustain its weight. For gluing bamboo wallpaper, you can use such compositions :
- special adhesive designed for mounting bamboo wallpaper - ideal. Delivers in the form of a dry composition, diluted with the indicated amount of water on the package;
- carboxymethyl cellulose( CMC), vinyl or acrylic based adhesives;
- liquid nails;
- some masters also use a universal acrylic adhesive of maximum strength, which is popularly called crazy stickies.
It is a pleasure to work with the last two compositions, because they provide increased adhesion strength, completely depriving you of the chance of error when diluting the adhesive composition with water.
Sticking bamboo wallpaper
The sequence of actions when sticking bamboo wallpaper is as follows:
- wall surface preparation. .Such strict requirements are not made to the initial surface as when gluing thin paper wallpapers or photo wallpapers. Small cracks and irregularities are allowed, as they will be completely covered with a thick layer of finishing material. From old wallpaper and peeling paint, of course, have to get rid of, but the work on the putty is greatly simplified. Old wallpaper will be easier to remove, if you soak a little water, to remove the paint will have to deal with a spatula, building dryer or solvent. Clean and smooth should be primed;
- bamboo wallpaper for a couple of days before sticking unpacked and placed in the room where they will be mounted;
- on the wall for convenience, you can make markup .A distance equal to the width of the roll is measured from the corner and a level vertical line is drawn with a level, the width of the roll is measured again from it, etc. On the lines obtained, it is easier to stick the wallpaper;
- cutting strips of wallpaper in accordance with the height of the wall. To ensure the height of the room is better to measure at several points;
- selected glue is prepared in accordance with the instructions, give it a little brew;
- adhesive is applied to the wall and wallpaper .Cloths of wallpaper with glue applied on them are left for 5-10 minutes, after which they are applied to the intended place and pressed, smoothed with a spatula, the excess glue is removed with a damp sponge. To move the wallpaper after you put them on the wall is not desirable;
- bamboo wallpaper glue butt-glued, even in the corners, as the material is dense and it bends poorly. Transverse to the direction of bamboo slats, strips are cut with a grinder, metal jigsaw or electric jigsaw, along with scissors;
- if you wish, you can cover the wallpaper with varnish or paint - this is a matter of personal requirements for the future interior.
You can also use special moldings for bamboo wallpaper , they will serve as an additional decoration, as well as become an opportunity to disguise the joints. For this purpose, special T-shaped moldings are used. There are also moldings, called the quarter of the circle - they are intended for use in the corners.
Bamboo wallpaper maintenance is uncomplicated. To prevent negative exposure to sunlight, it is better to additionally varnish the material. If the material will be used in the kitchen, it does not interfere with processing it with moisture-repellent substances, but even with them the wallpaper will be suitable only for the dining area, and not for the kitchen apron. It is possible to clean the material from dust with a vacuum cleaner or a rag, washing with a damp sponge is allowed, but using brushes and aggressive substances is not recommended. If you follow these simple rules, beautiful and natural bamboo wallpapers will decorate the apartment for a long time.