- №1.The principle of operation of water-saving nozzles
- №2.Type of water flow
- № 3.Material manufacturing nozzles
- №4.Type and size of threading nozzles
- №5.The optimal water flow nozzles
- №6.Regulation of water consumption
- №7.Shower Heads
- №8.Additional features
- №9.The best manufacturers of water saving nozzles
water saving nozzle care The average resident of Western Europe consumes about 230 liters of water per day, and the average resident of Moscow - 350 liters. Do Europeans rarely go to the shower and wash the dishes? No, the whole point is that they know how to save water without causing damage to their own comfort. To significantly reduce water consumption, you can use special water-saving nozzles for faucets and shower heads. They will reduce water consumption by 20-70%, and this is not magic at all, but elementary physics. If a few years ago, the efficiency of water-saving nozzles was questionable due to the many cheap devices on the plumbing market that do not justify their purpose, today the situation has changed dramatically. There are plenty of quality tools in the shops - it remains only to learn how to make the right choice.
№1.The principle of operation of water-saving nozzles
Each of us at least once held a hose with water in our hands and knows that if you cover the hole with your finger, you can get a directed water jet with a sufficiently strong head. If you release your finger, the throughput will increase, and the pressure will decrease. The water limiters work in a similar way. Such equipment appeared relatively long ago, but did not stick in the apartments, because the water pressure fell along with the consumption, and this is inconvenient.
Today, when it comes to water-saving attachments, implies aerators. The water, passing through it, is broken up into a multitude of thin jets and is saturated with air, and at the outlet a solid soft flow is obtained. The amount of water in it is almost two times lower than in the faucet without a water-saving nozzle, but this is impossible to feel - the flow remains comfortable for hygiene and dishwashing. This happens by increasing the pressure and increasing the volume of water with air bubbles. The user does not feel the reduction of water pressure, but at the same time, every time including water, he saves on bills for communal services. However, there are nozzles that just break the flow of water, but do not saturate it with air.
The nozzle has a fairly small size, in shape resembles a cap that is screwed to the spout of the faucet. Inside he has a few nets, and sometimes a cartridge for additional water purification. The body of the nozzle is made of various materials: the cheapest - plastic aerators, the most expensive and durable - ceramic, brass and bronze. The method of installation of the nozzle is as simple as its principle of operation.
Water-saving nozzles will not only save water, but also reduce noise. Many say that the stream of water becomes softer and more even, and the problem of splashing disappears altogether. The main thing is that such attachments can be easily and simply installed on any tap in the apartment and in the country, in a hotel and an office, and they are quite inexpensive. A wide selection of water-saving tips is available at https://www.mistersaver.ru, where you can also purchase other devices to save water and electricity.
№2.Type of water flow
The main element of the water-saving apparatus is a grid, the cells of which form one of three types of flow:
- with aeration .In part, it resembles soda due to saturation of water with air bubbles. Visually, such a grid is easy to recognize - it has large cells. Even at maximum head, the jet will remain neat and not splash in all directions;
- laminar is solid, not scattered. The grid consists of small honeycombs, which, unlike the first representative, do not saturate the flow of water with air;
- nozzles with a stream of "spray" type is easily recognized by the holes located along the radius. Outwardly, such a flow resembles a small shower, and works on the same principle, splitting a single flow into many small, aimed separately.
Consider that the aerator reduces the throughput of the mixer from 12-18 liters per second to 5-8.This significantly affects the saving of water and is almost imperceptible in everyday business( wash your hands, rinse the plate).However, in the event that you need to collect a bucket, it will take much longer. Bath in the evening and did have to start typing at lunch.
Therefore, when choosing a product, it is worth considering the following:
- In the kitchen, should install laminar equipment or with aeration to avoid splashing. A nozzle of the “spray” type with a high positioning of the mixer will produce a lot of
- sprays in the bathroom. The device can be used with a spray or with a special adjustment mechanism. This is a small screw that can be tightened depending on the current needs of the consumer, increasing, or, conversely, reducing the head. It is also recommended to leave one of the taps without a nozzle.
№3.Material of manufacture nozzles
Like any other plumbing, water-saving nozzles are in continuous contact with running water, which may be composed of various chemical impurities. The durability of the nozzle is highly dependent on the material underlying the production:
- chrome or stainless steel is one of the most versatile options. Such nozzles look aesthetically pleasing and are great for any mixers. However, their lifespan is shorter than that of analogs, since the metal is rapidly destroyed by the action of a liquid, and the grid becomes clogged and contaminated;
- brass and bronze are distinguished by high resistance to destruction, and with regular cleaning of the mesh from sediments such a nozzle will last for a long time. The only negative is the increased cost;
- plastic nozzles are easy to manufacture and are less prone to the destructive properties of flowing water. They are inexpensive, and the choice is quite decent, only in terms of durability plastic parts are inferior to all competitors;
- works best with ceramics, from which the internal elements of the device are made, because with proper care, their service life is almost unlimited. However, this significantly affects the price - ceramic products are more expensive than all presented above.
№4.Type and size of threading nozzles
In the desire to save water you can not lose your mind and take the first available nozzle. It is important to pay attention to the type of thread, which will depend on the type of thread spout. Look at the spout of the crane to understand where the thread is located. If it is inside the spout, the nozzle will be screwed into it and have an external thread .If the tap thread is on the outside, then you will screw the nozzle, and for this you need internal thread .It's simple - to confuse something will be extremely difficult.
With thread size is still easier. For the absolute majority of mixers( 98%) installed in domestic apartments, suitable nozzles with threaded 22 mm and 24 mm .However, there are non-standard outflows, and if you suspect that you have one, then it is better to recheck everything before buying. Measure the diameter of the spout with a caliper, ruler or tape measure, or twist the factory aerator and measure its size.
№5.Optimum water consumption nozzles
A conventional faucet, even if it is equipped with a sprayer, gives much more water than a person needs, from 12 to 16 l / min. Water-saving nozzles with varying degrees of comfort can reduce the flow rate to 1.7–8 l / min. For each water consumption point, it is better to pick up a nozzle with a certain water flow, since, for example, more water is needed for washing dishes and vegetables than for washing and brushing your teeth. Therefore, when choosing a nozzle, you can follow the following recommendations:
- for a mixer in the kitchen is suitable nozzle, which limits water consumption to 5-8 l / min;
- for a washbasin for washing and small washing - 3-6 l / min;
- for a washstand used only for brushing, shaving and washing hands - from 1.7 l / min.
If you have a gas water heater installed, it is better that the water flow in all the mixers is the same. This is necessary to avoid sudden changes in temperature. In this case, the water flow must be at least 4 l / min. Some experts, by the way, call the flow of water 3-4 l / min ideal, since 2 l / min is an option that not everyone will like, and at 8 l / min the savings will be insignificant.
№6.Regulation of water consumption
Saving water is beautiful until you need to quickly draw a relatively large amount of water. To avoid inconvenience, some mixers can be left without attachments. We are talking about water intake areas such as the bathroom. If the water flow at one point can vary significantly, it is best to use a nozzle with an adjustable flow of water. It will be indispensable for the kitchen faucet, which is used for washing dishes( suitable for small consumption) and for a set of buckets of water. Such a mixer will also be suitable for bathrooms in which one mixer is used to supply water to the sink and bathtub.
The adjustable nozzles on the aerator have a special screw that can be adjusted with a screwdriver or a regular kitchen knife, limiting consumption to 2 l / min or increasing it to 8 l / min. Such nozzles are more expensive, but universality is evident. Products with constant( unregulated) consumption will cost much less and will last longer, because no one will ever pull them.
# 7.Shower Heads
In the summer, your fluid intake increases a lot - you have to take a shower more often to refresh yourself. There are two types of water-saving shower heads:
- is installed between the shower hose and the watering can. It regulates the water pressure, reducing its consumption by one and a half to two times - from 12-18 liters per minute to 6-8.This unit can significantly save when installed in public places - hotels, hostels, training halls and other similar places;
- water-saving watering can works on the same principle as ordinary aerators, with the ability to adjust the type of flow. As a rule, they have several modes that can be switched according to current needs.
Please note that along with water-saving watering cans there are water-saving mixers. They have already built the necessary elements in order to reduce the level of water consumption. The option is convenient, but more expensive compared to a conventional mixer and a separate nozzle for it.
In stores you can find tips that will not only save water, but also perform a number of additional, useful or just fun functions. Pay attention to the following options:
- nozzle with illuminated .It has built-in LEDs that can switch in turn or give a certain shade depending on the water temperature. Usually, cold water is highlighted by light, warm water is green, hot water is red, but variations are possible. The main thing is that such a play of light will cost you absolutely free of charge: the energy for powering the LEDs is produced by a miniature generator during the passage of a stream of water. The water saving function is saved;
- nozzle with filter is intended, as a rule, only for cold water. It is equipped with mesh, magnet-carbon cartridge and ion exchange filter. Cleans such a nozzle at a high enough level, but it will have to be changed often - once in 4-6 months;
- sensor nozzle , in addition to reducing water consumption, sends a signal that you put your hands to the mixer. The flow of water is emitted instantly and stops as soon as you remove your hands from under the screen, and this is an additional savings. Such mixers are often placed in public places;
- children's nozzles are made in the form of animals and fairy-tale characters, some products can not only save, but also disinfect water. With such a nozzle, performing daily hygiene procedures will be fun for the child, which means that washing and brushing your teeth will become a habit more quickly.
№9.The best manufacturers of water-saving nozzles
. Quality largely depends on the manufacturer. To date, the products of the following companies have shown themselves the best:
- Oras is a company from Finland that specializes in the production of faucets, watering cans and other accessories for plumbing. Since its founding, it has sought to make products as economical as possible, and now it has a wide range of ceramic and brass nozzles.
- Grohe is a German brand that follows the highest quality standards. Their equipment is tested in harsh environments, so low-quality models are rejected before they hit the store shelves.
- Timo - known for its non-standard products of many shapes and colors, perfectly suitable for any mixers. In addition, Timo issues a five-year warranty for each product released.
- Jacob Delafon is a well-known French company whose nozzles have a long service life( 10 years).However, their cost is also higher than that of competitors - the average price fluctuates around 11 dollars.
Regardless of which brand in front of you, it doesn’t bother to evaluate the build quality before purchasing. Also note that some imported samples are poorly suited to work in domestic water systems with a high salt content in water. On the operating conditions should be written in the accompanying documentation.
No. 10.Maintenance of the water-saving attachment
Installing the attachment is the simplest thing even for a person who is very, very far from the world of sanitary engineering. The whole process resembles a screw cap on a plastic bottle. After the nozzle is installed, turn on the water and see if it is leaking. If there are water droplets on the sides, then try tightening the nozzle a little harder, but be careful not to damage the threads.
Over time, the nozzle may become contaminated, become covered with water stone, and the gasket may become thinner. Do not forget to sometimes unscrew the nozzle and assess the condition of the grid, cylinder and gasket. The latter may need to be replaced, and clogged nets can be cleaned with a special tool with a brush.