Compote from compote from fresh apples and rosehipIt is nothing special. And the truth is, what can there be in a translucent drink that has practically no smell? However, in ancient times, wild rose was widely used for the preparation of a variety of medicinal decoctions. And for good reason, because by its composition, this berry of vitamin C alone has more than a lemon. What to speak about other useful substances such as iron, potassium, phosphorus, keratin and others.
They are recommended to take compote their tart berries during colds, accompanied by fever. It facilitates the overall condition, reduces the temperature and restores immunity. By the way, this drink is useful to drink for those who suffer from diabetes( in this case, sugar is not added to the compote).Rosehip compote stabilizes sugar, removes toxins and helps reduce cholesterol.
Crushed rosehip berries are used as an antiparasitic agent, and the compote prepared on them has a mild laxative effect.
It is worth noting that rosehip compote is able to provide both benefit and harm to the body. All the same vitamin C makes it a "forbidden fruit" for people suffering from high acidity, an ulcer or gastritis. In addition, the dog rose is a diuretic, therefore, with prolonged use, it washes out calcium.
Hypertensives and people with kidney disease or jaundice should be taken with caution.
In the recipe of rosehip compote, both fresh and dried berries are used. The fruits are pre-cleaned of the stem and flowers, sometimes they also remove the seeds.
Read also: Fruit recipes for winter: canning pears in its own juice
Compote from fresh berries
To roll out 2 liter jars of drink:
- Kilogram of fresh berries to sort, peel from tails and residues of inflorescences. Rinse first with cold water and then pour over boiling water.
- Spread the brier over sterilized cans, filling them a little less than half.
- Separately make a syrup. To determine the number of ingredients, pour water into a jar of berries and pour it into a saucepan. For each liter of water, put 600 g of sugar, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes so that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- pour boiling syrup over the boiling syrup and sterilize for 15 minutes, then cork and cover with a warm blanket.
Compote from ground berries with honey
In combination with honey, rosehip compote for the winter is a real treasury of vitamins. It will help create a reliable defense of the body against colds and flu, and will also remove toxins and toxins.
Fresh briar in the amount of 1 kg should be cleared of seeds and washed. Pour into a saucepan and add water to cover the berries. Boil them until fully cooked( to completely soften).
Pick berries and grind through a sieve.
Add water to the saucepan, where the wild rose was boiled so that it turns out 2.5 liters. Add 2 tbsp.honey and grated berry mass. Bring everything to a boil and pour into sterilized jars. Roll up and wrap.
Compote of dried berries with orange juice
This compote of rosehip is very rich and slightly acidic. Before use, it can be diluted with water( boiled) in a 1: 1 ratio.
To make a drink:
- Pour 1.5 liters of water into a saucepan, let it boil and then cool slightly.
- When the water becomes warm, pour 0.5 kg of dry rosehip and leave for 10 hours.
- After the specified time, select the fruit and strain the water itself.
- Cut the swollen berries in half and carefully select the seeds. Rinse again, so that no villi remain.
- Peel one orange.
- In a separate bowl squeeze orange juice.
- Strain the water, in which rosehip insisted, put on the fire, add 700 g of sugar, 2 cinnamon sticks and orange zest. Bring to a boil to melt the sugar.
- Fill the peeled rosehip and pour in the orange juice, let it boil again and turn it off.
- When the syrup has cooled, remove the fruit with a slotted spoon and place it in the jars, and boil the syrup again for 5 minutes.
- Pour dogrose in cans with hot syrup, sterilize for 10 minutes and roll up.
Read also: The original surprise for unexpected guests - liver casse
Compote of fresh apples and rosehip by pouring
To enhance the taste, add to the drink a variety of fruits and berries. You can make a delicious rosehip compote for children using dried berries and fresh apples. Fruits are better to take small sizes( paradise apples can be), because they are put entirely.
Wash one pound of apples and chop with a toothpick.
Remove dried rosehip berries( 200 g) from tails and rinse.
Pour water into a saucepan and after it boils, blanch rose hips and apples for 10 minutes.
Apples can be taken any variety and cut them.
Spread the cooked ingredients in sterilized 1.5 liter jars and cover with lids.
Now you should cook a sweet syrup:
- 800 ml of water bring to a boil;
- pour 350 grams of sugar;
Fill cans with rosehips and apples with hot syrup, roll up and wrap them up.
Read also: How to canned and pickled green peas?
Dry Fruit Drink
A delicious and healthy apple and rosehip compote is obtained by using dried berries and fruits.
To make the taste sweeter, but not cloying, add a little raisin instead of increasing the amount of sugar.
So, first you need to properly prepare the dried fruits, otherwise the compote will turn out to be muddy. To do this, pour hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes:
- 100 g raisins;
- 0.5 st.dried rosehip;
- 1 tbsp.apple slices.
Pour the washed berries and fruit into a saucepan and pour 3 liters of water. Bring the fruit to a boil and cook until the dried fruit is soft. Then pour 2 tbsp.sugar and protomit 15 minutes to melt.
Ready to compote rosehip pour in banks and roll up.
Rosehip Compote in the Multicooker
A healthy drink can also be prepared in the Multivarka - it will take quite a bit of time. The number of ingredients depends on the size of the bowl apparatus. For example, if it is small:
- Pour 1 liter of water into a bowl and pour 500 g of sugar into it. Select the mode "Cooking".
- While the water is warming, clean and rinse 1 tbsp.fresh berries. If you want to choose the seeds.
- When the syrup is almost boiling, put rosehip in it and set the timer for 30 minutes.
After the signal to turn off the compote from the hips in the slow cooker is ready.
To replenish vitamin reserves and maintain immunity, it is not necessary to go to the pharmacy. After all, homemade preparations made with love with their own hands from healthy rosehips are no worse than pharmacy vitamins and certainly much more natural. A few jars of compote will not take up much space in the pantry, but they will always come in handy in cold winter. Be healthy!