Content of the article:
mashed potatoes Each hostess among winter preparations surely has some cans with drinks. Thanks to culinary fantasy, today they are made not only from traditional fruits and berries. Recently, recipes with unusual ingredients, one of which is an apricot and orange compote, are gaining popularity.
The appearance of compote is rather deceptive: it would seem, what can be expected from a nondescript yellowish drink? However, the aroma coming from the jar will immediately eliminate all doubts - the sweet smell of apricot with orange notes will please everyone. To taste, the compote is a bit like sweet sparkling water of the Fanta type, which is especially appreciated by the small members of the family. In addition, compote is a completely natural product( unlike soda), and there will definitely be no harm from it.
The only drawback of such a compote is that it can only be cooked during the apricot harvest season. If oranges are sold in stores and markets all year round, fresh apricots cannot be found in winter. Of course, it is sometimes possible to find imported apricots in a supermarket, but they are in many ways inferior to fruits grown in natural conditions by domestic producers. What is already to say about their value and naturalness. ..
Therefore, there is no need to waste time, but rather take advantage of the moment when apricots are available, and stock up on the compote of apricots and oranges.
For a clear compote, it is better to take ripe apricots with dense pulp. Over-grown fruit may fall apart during cooking, which will spoil the look of the drink.
Compote of apricots and orange in syrup
For seaming it is convenient to use jars with a capacity of one liter - so the compote is used faster. For a large family, take the bottle, then the number of ingredients multiplied by the displacement( for a 2-liter bottle - by 2, and so on).
Wash ripe ripe apricots( 250 g) and drain excess water.
Apricots must be firm, but not green, otherwise the compote of apricots and orange will be bitter.
Orange also wash and cut into rings, each divided into 4 parts. On one liter jar put 2-3 ringlet.
Sterilize jars. Without waiting for them to cool, spread the fruit into containers.
Prepare sugar syrup:
- pour 750 g of water into a saucepan;
- bring to a boil and add 130 g of sugar;
- boil for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
Pour the fruit with boiling syrup, cover the top with a lid and sterilize for 20 minutes. Roll up
Sweet and sour compote using the double pouring method
This easy compote recipe made from apricots with an orange without sterilization is suitable for beginner housewives who are just learning to canning. To conserve 4 three-liter bottles of the drink you will need:
- Wash two kilograms of apricots and pick the stones.
- Orange cut into 4 parts( one per jar).You can leave them whole, and you can cut each into slices.
- Put the fruit in jars and pour boiling water. Cover with lids, cover with a blanket and leave to cool completely.
- After the water in the cans is cold, gently pour it into the pan and bring to the boil again.
- Pour 1 tbsp into the fruit jars.sugar and pour hot water.
- Cork and rewrap.
Sweet compote of overripe apricots and orange pulp
In contrast to the general recommendations for apricot maturity, in this case overripe fruits are specially used. First, they should still be cut into pieces, and secondly, the compote will be more sweet. For the same purpose, peel the orange.
In order to roll a three-liter bottle of apricot compote with an orange for the winter:
- Pour over the orange with boiled water and peel. Cut it into two parts - you need only half of the peeled orange, which is cut into half rings, into one bottle.
- A half kilogram of apricot washed, divided into two halves and remove the seed.
- Put the prepared fruit in a glass bowl, fill them with 1 tbsp. Sahara.
- Pour a can of boiling water, immediately roll up and wrap. After the compote is completely cooled, it is lowered into the basement for storage.
Compote of apricots in orange-mint syrup
A characteristic feature of the drink is the use of not the orange itself, but only its juice. In addition, a few sprigs of mint will give the compote a refreshing shade.
- Wash apricots in the amount of 1 kg and select the stones.
- Spread the fruit over sterilized cans, filling them 1/3 of their height.
- From oranges( with a total weight of 300 g) squeeze the juice and strain it through cheesecloth so that there are no bones or pieces of pulp left.
- Pour 5 liters of water into a large saucepan, and when it warms up, pour 1 kg of sugar. Allow the sugar to dissolve and add orange juice to the syrup.
- Bring to a boil and put a couple of sprigs of mint. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour jars of apricots with boiling syrup and roll up.
Vitot triple compote
To make a rich compote of apricots with orange and lemon, for a three-liter capacity you will need:
- 500 g apricot;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 1 orange;
- 0,5 lemon.
Before taking up fruit, you should put a teapot with water for pouring on the stove.
Remove the bones from the washed apricots while the water is heating up, dividing them into two parts.
Pour the orange with lemon with boiling water and cut it. Half put away the lemon - it can be used for the next can.
Put all the ingredients in a sterilized jar and add sugar.
Pour the fruit with boiling water, roll up, wrap and let cool.
Compote with pulp from fruit mash
A special feature of the recipe is that not whole fruits are laid directly into the jars, but the mashed apricot, orange and lemon masses. This apricot compote with orange and lemon is a bit unclear, which, however, does not affect its taste.
The amount of fruit for mashed potatoes depends on the lemon, for example, for one lemon you need:
- 3 kg apricot;
- 1 kg orange.
Wash all fruits thoroughly, select bones and skip through a meat grinder or blender along with the peel.
Sterilized cans with a capacity of 3 liters. In each lay 1 tbsp.fruit puree and 1 tbsp. Sahara.
Pour boiling water and roll.
For compote it is better not to use lemons with thick skin, as they can be bitter.
Compote of apricots and oranges perfectly quenches thirst and is an excellent alternative to store juices and sparkling water. Prepare only natural products for your large and small family members. Enjoy your meal!