- №1. Material of the shower head
- №2. Mounting type shower heads
- Stationary watering cans
- Watering hoses with flexible hose
After a hard day's workout, training in the gym or a tedious trip, we all dream of one thing - get into the shower as soon as possible. Flowing streams of water allow not only to wash, but also to relax, to hold a real SPA-procedure with massage, or even chromotherapy. All this becomes possible if you buy the right shower attachment. Let's try to figure out which watering can for the soul to choose, what material and manufacturer to give preference to, and which method of attachment will suit best.
№1. Material of the shower head
The shower head has the simplest design and allows to cut a single stream of water into hundreds of small jets, making hygienic procedures more comfortable, pleasant and relaxing. It would seem an elementary product. What can be the problem with his choice? Manufacturers try to make our life more and more comfortable, that is why on sale there are watering cans of different shape and size, with interesting and useful additional functions. Products differ andmaterial, on which depends not only the appearance of the product, but also its durability, strength and reliability.
Shower trays are made from such materials:
- plastic. It is easy to guess that the plastic watering can is the most budgetary option, but, despite the low cost, such products look very good at the expense ofmetallized coating. Plastic watering cans are light in weight, so due to accidental falling they should not be worried - the acrylic shower tray or the liner of the bathroom they will not harm. The main minus -low durability;
- metal. If you do not want to change the watering can after a couple of years, it's better to take a more reliable model immediately. The best option is a product fromof stainless steellooks stylish and laconic, it serves a very long time. A more expensive alternative -Copper, brass and bronze ware. Some models receive decorfor goldand look really luxurious. Metal watering cans are durable, easy to clean, easy to clean from limescale, and exposure to bacteria and microorganisms, they are the least exposed (no comparison with plastic analogue). Naturally, metal watering can be more expensive than plastic, especially for bronze and brass products, which are considered exclusive. Keep in mind that metal is a heavy material, so it is necessary to handle it with care. If it slips out of hand, there is a risk of scratches on the acrylic pallet;
- metal-plastic. These are not so common products, but this is most likely a matter of time. These watering cans combine the advantages of the two previous options. In them, the body is made of plastic, and the "insides" are made of metal;
- stone and quartz glass. Of these materials, expensive exclusive watering cans are manufactured. Durability and beauty are the main advantages of such products.
The best option for a modern soul is called steel and copper watering. By the combination of price and quality, in appearance, longevity and diversity is the best that you can find.
№2. Mounting type shower heads
By type of attachment, shower head can be divided into the following types:
- stationary watering cans;
- watering cans with a flexible hose, or hand-held watering cans.
Those who have a full bath, and not a shower, know about another way to mount the watering can. This is aboutspecial plug on the mixer, in which the watering can is fixed. During water procedures it has to be held with one hand, which is very inconvenient. In this case, it is better to equip the bath with a small wall bracket, into which, if necessary, a watering can be installed.
Stationary watering cans
Can beceiling and walldepending on the surface to which the installation is to be carried out. Such products, as a rule, are used for the organization of shower cabins and boxes. Stationary watering cans, as the name suggests, are non-removable, they are connected to a pipe of a water pipe hidden in a wall, mounted using a special holder. Adjusting the head and water temperature is done with a mixer located at a comfortable height on the wall. In most modelsfixed wall leksit is possible to adjust the angle of inclination by hinging the article to the surface. A similar function in ceiling stationary watering cans is much less common - only in expensive models.
Ceiling watering cansperfectly imitate a tropical rain or waterfall, but require a relatively high water pressure. These products are often made of chrome-plated brass. It is usually made and wall watering cans.
Stationary models are convenient in that the hands are completely free, and the water supply area is maximal. These are functional products that can vary considerably in shape and size. On the other hand, if the shower is used by people with disabilities, to wash children or animals, then it is better to refuse stationary leukemia.
Compromise solution- install, along with a stationary one, a hand-held watering can with a flexible hose. By the way, in many shower boxes there are both types of leks. The control of head and temperature of water in them is controlled by a single mixer, and a small lever or even a button is used to switch between watering cans.
Watering hoses with flexible hose
Such a watering can be conveniently fixed on a wall, and if it has a large diameter, then it is not much inferior to stationary models. At the same time, such a product can be picked up at any time and directed to a stream where necessary. If we take into account that the angle of inclination, and sometimes the height of the arrangement, can be varied within wide limits, we obtainmaximally functional option, providing complete freedom of movement. With such a watering can easily bathe a child or animal, wash the tub, shower tray and hard-to-reach areas of walls near the shower.
The hand shower is attached to a flexible hose, which it is connected to a water pipe.Mounting on the wall can be carried outone of two fundamentally different constructive solutions:
- The first option - on the wall is mountedstationary vertical rod(rack), the bracket for fixing the watering can be mounted on it. The bracket can move around the rack, so the watering can be easily positioned at any desired height. A good solution if the shower is used by people with very different growth. It's not so much an extension of the flowing stream (it's insignificant, so people of low growth will not feel any discomfort), but in complex access to the watering can if you want to take it in hand. In addition, the appearance of the shower with the stance of many seems more aesthetic and stylish, than with only one bracket;
- The second option involves a fixed wall attachmentbracketto hold the watering can. As in the previous version, it is easy to change the angle of the bowl, turn it to direct the water jet as desired. The only restriction is that you can not regulate such a watering can in height.
A flexible hose with a flexible hose is more versatile and functional, especially since there are so many different models that one can combine the mobility of a hand-held watering can and the comfort of a stationary one. A striking example - large round products with a large removal from the wall, which can turn an ordinary trip into the shower in a bath under a tropical rainstorm.
Give preference to those products where the bracket and clamping handles that fix the watering can at a certain angle are made of metal. Plastic analog wears out quickly.
No. 3. Features of the construction of watering can
When deciding which showerhead is best to choose, do not forget to pay attention todesign of the water splitter.This is the largest part of the watering can. It is in it that there are holes through which water flows.
The dissector in the watering can be one of two types:
- plate made of metal or plastic with ordinary holes;
- A plate, as a rule, with a curved surface, where a smallrubber tube, the so-called.nozzle. Thanks to these inserts, the holes are not so intensively clogged with lime scale - they can be blocked only by large particles of dirt. Moreover, even with a weak pressure of water, jets from different openings will not unite with each other, while maintaining the high comfort of the hygienic procedure.
№4. Shape and size of shower head
Going to any more or less large plumbing shop, you will meet with a huge variety of leks. Different size, shape and design, they are able to satisfy any requests and preferences, to complement any bathroom. Considering thousands and tens of thousands of different models, especially since their number increases every season, there is no point, but a generalized classification can be made.
In the form of watering can come:
- round and oval- the most common option, which conquered users convenience and nice appearance;
- rectangular and square watering cans- a rarer option, in terms of functionality and convenience is not inferior to round watering cans, fits well in The bathrooms are made in the style of hi-tech and minimalism, where the geometry and laconism are on the first place;
- triangular watering cans- as a rule, small hand-made products. Look great, they provide a high level of comfort;
- oblong pencil watering canlooks fine, but in use it is not very convenient because of a small useful area;
- exclusive designer watering cansin the form of telephone tubes, lianas, rings, lamps and snowflakes will decorate the bathroom and become a highlight in her design. In trying to find an unusual watering can, do not forget that it, in the first place, should be comfortable.
. . .
Size of watering canis determined solely by personal preferences and tasks that are assigned to it. Someone will be more comfortable with a standard watering can 6-8 cm in diameter - it provides maximum mobility and freedom of movement. Others are suitable for large watering cans with a diameter of 20 cm or more - they allow you to create a real waterfall or heavy rain in your home.
If it concerns a hand shower, then before buying it does not prevent to hold in hands and make sure that the use of the product will be convenient. Most leks can provide several modes of water supply (about this a little later), switching between modes is performed by a rotary mechanism or button. The second option is more modern and convenient.
№5. Popular versions of shower heads
The variety of different models of leks can be divided into several types:
- the simplest watering cansfor the upper shower. Simple - means that no additional functions and capabilities, except for the flow of water in several modes, this watering can not provide. By design can be both quite familiar, and bold enough, so that the choice is easy to make;
- watering can "tropical shower"It is very large in size, so that the water is immediately on all parts of the body, imitating a real downpour. Such products are distinguished by a huge number of small nozzles, which create the impression of pouring rain. The intensity of the flow can be easily adjusted with a special lever, so you can relax both under a drizzling rain and under a real downpour. Such watering cans, as a rule, stationary, can even be built in the ceiling, but more often they are attached to the wall. When buying, pay attention towater consumption. The average value for such leks is about 50 l / min. It is important that the capacity of the siphon of the shower enclosure be appropriate. If the floor in the shower is tiled and a drain ladder is used, then problems should not arise;
- economical watering cans with aeration. If there is a water meter in the apartment or you are worried about the problems of fresh water deficit on the planet, a watering can with aeration is what you need. Due to the fact that water at the time of passage through the nozzles is mixed with air, its flow is broken. This simple technology can save a lot of consumable water. For one water procedure you will use about 10 liters of water less, absolutely nothing while losing in comfort. Moreover, aerated water can turn ordinary showering into a relaxing SPA procedure. In the design of the aerating watering can, there is a special valve that regulates the head. Such a solution allows saving about 30-40% of water. If the conventional watering can is designed to pass about 15-20 l / min, then the economical one is 6-9 l / min.
Separately selectwatering cans for a summer shower.These are very simple in design and in appearance. Can be made of plastic or metal. The valve for adjusting the head of water is located on the watering can. Such products assume connection to the sun-heated water, so there is no temperature adjustment here.
№6. Water supply modes
Most modern shower heads provide for several water supply modes:
- base- a regime with a normal head, is great for hygienic procedures;
- "soft jet" modedue to the saturation of the water jet with air makes the adoption of the shower more comfortable and relaxing;
- "Water fog"- a private version of the previous regime. The flow of water is broken up into so small particles that it seems like being in a dense fog;
- massage modeincreases the pressure of water passing through the central hole in the watering can. As a result, blood supply and metabolism improve, muscles relax;
- waterfall modeallows you to create a dense veil of falling water, used in watering cans "tropical shower
- monocle- a dense flow of water under high pressure. Suitable for performing contrast shower;
- "cascade"- the mode by which the pulsating jet alternates with the turbojet;
- watering cans with "vario-jet"allow you to alternate the usual head and soft jet.
The number of modes and their type in watering can be different - be sure to specify this point when buying, since this factor affects the price. If you need a shower to quickly refresh, then the model with 1 mode, if you propose to conduct relaxing procedures, then the optimal option - 2-3 modes.
№7. Additional opportunities shower showers
The main thing is that the watering can for the shower is good for water, it was durable and easy to maintain. These are the basic requirements. Manufacturers went further and offered us products with various interesting functions that someone might seem very necessary:
- mineralization. The construction of leks with mineralization includes compartments with various filtering components (shungite, tourmaline, flint, magnets, chlorine-absorbing granules, etc.). Passing through such natural filters, the water becomes more pure and soft, it reduces the chlorine content;
- illumination. Scientists have long noticed and proved the ability of color to influence the well-being and mood of a person. If you use the knowledge correctly, then going to the shower can be not only a way to bring themselves in order and wash away the dirt, but also be charged with positive emotions, without even realizing this. Green color, for example, relaxes, yellow - raises mood and tones, red - charges vivacity. In the body watering cans are built inLEDs, but they do not need to be connected to the network for their operation. In the case of such leks there is a small generator that converts the energy of the stream into electricity, and since for the work of LEDs a lot of energy is not needed, then this generator is enough with head;
- watering can with thermostat. In order to avoid ice or too hot water, you can use watering can with a thermostat. It is only necessary to set a comfortable water temperature, and then the device, despite fluctuations in temperature and pressure in the water pipe, will mix the flow of hot and cold water in such proportions that you would maximize comfortable;
- watering can with self-cleaningfacilitates the care of equipment and extends its service life. When changing modes of water supply is the crushing of lime and other deposits that accumulate on the surface
- aeration and water saving technologywith pressure adjustment also refer to additional functions.
№8. Shower panel
Separately it is worth noting the shower panel as an interesting alternative to a simple shower head. Until recently, such designs were used only in finished shower boxes. Today, the shower panel can be purchased separately and used in a normal shower. It includes such elements:
- shower head, and they, as a rule, two. One stationary type of "tropical shower the second - manual;
- nozzles for body hydromassage;
- mixers and switches for leks;
- control panel for additional functions;
- a shelf and a mirror.
The shower panel takes away a minimum of space, expands the functionality of the shower and makes it more stylish and modern.
№9. Design of shower heads
One of the most difficult questions to be solved in the process of choosing a shower head is the design of the product. The stores feature a huge variety of different models, but most of them are made of metal or with its imitation. Depending on the type of interior, color scheme and personal preferences, you can choose a chrome plated, bronze, brass watering can or a product coated with gold.
Also available are watering cans with powder coating and enamel coating - the color in this case can be anything. In addition to monochrome, there are also watering cans with a pattern, but these are rare design variants.
We have already mentioned the variety of forms above, but now we add that there are even pretty children's watering cans in the form of cartoon heroes.
№10. Manufacturers of shower heads
The fact that cheap watering cans from little-known Chinese producers do not last long, probably does not need additional explanations. If you do not want to constantly tinker with the replacement and repair of watering can, it is better to takeproduct from a trusted manufacturer:
- Hansgrohe- German company, the leader in the field of sanitary equipment. Production costs not cheap, but it is of high quality. You can find a more or less affordable option, but with limited functionality. In terms of shape, size, number of modes, the assortment is huge. There are models with an exclusive design;
- Grohe- Another German company, produces mixers, shower headsets. The products are sold in dozens of countries around the world. Great attention is paid to design. There are both familiar and innovative models with a remarkable appearance. Collections are constantly replenished;
- Ideal Standard- a huge concern, whose factories are located in several European countries. In Italy and England, the sanitary ware manufacturer is considered the most popular. Among other things, the company produces shower headsets, combinations and accessories. Quality and design at height;
- Bravat- expensive and high-quality German watering can. The manufacturer offers several collections;
- Migliore- Italian watering can. There are manual and stationary models, the widest range. Especially it is necessary to note watering cans made in retro style;
- Oras- the Finnish manufacturer, gives 5 years of warranty for its products. The basis is made of chrome-plated watering cans, also there are products covered with enamel;
- Aquanet- a large domestic manufacturer, which skillfully combines a wide variety, high level of quality and reasonable prices. There is a model for every taste and purse.
There are other companies whose products have proven themselves well. These are German manufacturers Hansa and Axor, Italian Bossini and Mariani, Finnish Timo and Czech Lemark.
The shower head undergoes daily loads, so it should be as good as possible. It is the guarantee of comfortable hygienic procedures and the preservation of your nerves.
№11. Shower head installation
To replace an old watering can with the new one chosen by all rules is easy.You can dispense with even the help of plumbing:
- For the work you need tools such as pliers, metal brush and FUM tape;
- we unscrew the watering can from the hose, for which we use pliers. Hold the watering can tightly and start to unscrew the nut, continue to twist it with your fingers and then remove the watering can;
- we clean a carving of a hose a metal brush. On the carving there should be no traces of rust, lime and old winding;
- on the carving of a new watering can wind several layers of plumbing. In principle, you can do without it, but then there is a risk that the junction will be a little leaking;
- First, the watering rod is screwed to the hose with your hands, it is enough to have a pair of turns, then tighten the connection with pliers. It is better to do this through the fabric, so as not to scratch the nut;
- health and integrity testing. If the connection passes water, you will have to add a little bit of winding.
№12. How to clean the shower head?
In the process of operation, a calcareous deposit may accumulate on the shower head. In products with rubber nozzles, large particles of dirt can get stuck. Where do they come from? When water is turned off at home, and then it is resumed, there is a hydraulic shock, which rusts off the walls of the water pipe, which can clog the holes in the shower. The situation deepens if there is not even a coarse water filter at the entrance to the apartment.
To clean the shower head from dirt, you will have totake apart. Old models can simply be untwisted: there the divider and the handle have a threaded connection. In more modern models it is necessary to pull out the screw, which is located under the decorative plug in the center of the watering can. In this case, the sequence of work is as follows:
- to put a sharp object on the stub, in some watering tanks on the plug there is a special hole;
- unscrew the screw with a screwdriver and remove the diffuser from the handle;
- if the watering can in operation for a long time, then the screw can rust so much that it will be impossible to unscrew it. Specialists in this case proceed as follows. In the center of the rusty miniature drill self-cut hole is made with a diameter of -2 mm, depth of 2 mm. At the end of the drill, the drill needs to be swung a little to make an ellipse-like hole. With a 40 W soldering iron, the self-tapping screw is heated until the plastic around it slightly softens. This will take about 2-5 minutes. Immediately afterward, a screwdriver is inserted into the hole and the screwdriver is unscrewed.
To clean the jammed holes, a wire or a straightened paper clip will work. With rubber, the lime scale is well removed with a rag. After cleaning, the elements of the watering can are washed in water, a solution of table vinegar can be used. If there is a lot of lime, then you can leave the watering can in vinegar for several hours. Flaking scaling is removed with a stiff brush. The watering can is assembled in the reverse order. If there is no desire to disassemble the watering can, then it is possible to pour vinegar into a dense plastic bag, immerse the watering can in the liquid, tie the bag and leave it for several hours. Then everything is cleaned thoroughly with a brush.
To extend the life of the watering can, wipe it after each use and clean it once a week with anti-calcification agents. It is best to install a water filter.