Compote from melonmelon compote for the winter. The juicy pulp is unpretentious in processing, besides gives excellent result. Gourds every year brings a lot of harvest and you can not always eat everything at once. So that the product does not disappear, it can be processed into other dishes, as well as preserved for the winter. Melon turns out very tasty in jams, zucchini, compotes. Melon compote recipes for the winter are simple and affordable. On their basis, you can come up with your own recipe, but with the obligatory observance of the basic rules, including unconditional provocation of ingredients. Otherwise, a preserved drink can be harmful to the body, and not good.
About the benefits of melon
Fresh melon contains vitamin B9( folic acid), which normalizes metabolism. He also participates in the blood, respectively, useful for suffering from anemia. Unfortunately, folic acid is destroyed by high temperatures. The remaining vitamins in several smaller sizes( for example, vitamin C) strengthen the immune system, make the hair shiny and silky, strong nails, as well as all bone tissue. Regular consumption of melon helps to get rid of depression, irritability, insomnia and bad mood. One smell is worth something, but, here, if you make melon compote for the winter, you can also recharge your cheerfulness during the lean season.
Read also: A selection of 10 popular recipes for delicious eggplant blanks
Microelements such as iron and magnesium have a beneficial effect on the heart, blood vessels, and blood. Silicon improves skin, stabilizes nerve tissue. A huge amount of fiber in the melon, puts it on a par with medicines aimed at cleaning the intestines.
Melon is harmful to diabetics.
Melon compote without sterilization
A melon in a hurry is a melon compote without sterilization. The recipe provides for rapid preservation of compote with an ingredient that will occupy 1/3 or half a can. This is the most common option for canning melon compote.
- Wash the melon, get rid of the peel, remove the seeds to make 1 kg of flesh. Cut into arbitrary pieces.
- Pour 0.5 kg of sugar into melon slices. Wait 4 hours.
- Boil 1 liter of water in a saucepan and pour it into a sweet melon. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour the compote into the cans and cork.
Approximately 1 kg of diced melon cubes is placed in a 1.5 liter glass jar to the top. Due to this, it is possible to initially select the container for canning and calculate how much it should be poured into melon pieces.
Melon Compote with sterilization
If you want to get concentrated melon compote for the winter, then for him, the melon should occupy 2/3 of the glass storage capacity. In such cases, it is better to sterilize the provisions before rolling.
- Peel one kilogram of melon from seeds and peel. Cut into pieces.
- Make sugar syrup: half a liter of water for three( 150 gram) glasses of sugar.
- Pour a pot of melon cubes in boiling sweet water, add 1 teaspoon of citric acid and boil for 4 minutes.
- Pour everything into a 1.5 liter container, cover with a lid and send to sterilization, which should last 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, screw on with tin lids. Set aside to cool without wrapping and turning.
Compote sterilization time depends on the volume of the cans: 1.5 liters takes 10 minutes, 2 liters - 15 minutes, 3-liter jars require 20 minutes sterilization. Moreover, the water in the pan must necessarily reach the “hangers” of the can, otherwise the sterilization procedure will be useless.
Compote of melon and watermelon for the winter
In early August, we begin to enjoy the taste of watermelon and melon. So why not extend the pleasure until the winter? This can be done by boiling a compote of melon and watermelon for the winter.
Read also: Preparing compote for the winter of a blackfruit with apples
- Pour 200 grams of sugar into boiling 700 grams of water.
- Cut into pieces 200 grams of watermelon pulp and 200 grams of melon.
- Pour syrup and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour the compote into banks.
Melon and Plum Compote
The excessive sweetness of a melon can be diluted with the acidity of plums. The recipe for melon and plum compote is suitable for making the same melon compote with peaches. The ingredients are sure to include citric acid and, if desired, white wine.
- Prepare 250 grams of melon, cut into cubes.
- 10 pieces of plums split in half and remove bones.
- dilute 1,5 glasses of sugar with 3 glasses of water and boil.
- Pour the plums into the syrup and boil. Cool it down. Enter 2 Art.spoons of wine, slices of melon and boil again.
- Before boiling add a pinch of citric acid and pour compote into the banks.
- Plum-melon drink is ready.
In melon compotes, it is desirable to make citric acid for further storage of provisions. In the melon-apple is not necessary, in it malic acid replaces citric acid.
Compote of melon and apples
Universal apples perfectly fit into all compotes, jams and preserves. Combining a melon with an apple, boiling a compote of melon and apples, you risk nothing. On the contrary, you get an unsurpassed drink with a sweet-sour taste, which removes thirst and fills the body with useful substances. These vital substances have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, increase appetite, reduce cholesterol, fight against vitamin deficiency and obesity.
Read also: Traditional methods and recipes of the peoples of the world to prepare cilantro for the winter
- Wash, core-remove and peel apples. The resulting 80 grams of apple pulp, cut into pieces.
- Make a syrup from which 40 grams of sugar and 500 grams of water into which to put cubes of apples. Boil for 8 minutes.
- 100 grams of melon pulp is placed in a saucepan with syrup and apples. Boil a few minutes.
- Pour into a jar and cork for the winter.
Melon compote for the winter is extremely tasty and healthy. As shown above, it can be cooked not only in its pure form, but also with the addition of other fruits. Simple cooking steps will help them to cook something of their own, taking a melon. It is possible not only to experiment with taste, adding other ingredients, both color, and concentration, and a saturation will change. Successes you in canning!