Black Currant is a member of the gooseberry family. She gained popularity several centuries ago when people learned about the health benefits of .The name got its due to the aroma, exuded by berries and leaves( in the old Russian "currant" - "strong smell").Let's get acquainted with the beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of this berry.
Table of Contents
- Composition and useful properties of currant fruit for the human body
- ;traditional medicine
The composition and beneficial properties of the fruit of the currant for the human body
A small black currant berry hides an incredible insideamount of vitamins:
- Vitamin C - a powerful tool to strengthen the immune system. Most of it is preserved even when freezing currant berries. In combination with vitamin P will help prevent atherosclerosis;
- Vitamin A( carotene) improves metabolism, helps to strengthen the immune system, speeds up the healing process, as an antioxidant is important in the prevention of cancer;
- Vitamin E accelerates tissue regeneration, promotes the absorption of vitamin A, prevents thrombosis, strengthens the immune system, participates in the synthesis of hormones;
- Vitamins of group K increase blood clotting, which is especially important for patients in the postoperative period;
- Vitamins of group B ensure normal functioning of the nervous system, support the activity of the immune system.
Black currant is also rich in other beneficial organic substances:
- Macro and microminerals : zinc, potassium, iron, manganese, etc. are important for good functioning of all organs, energy production and tissue repair;
- Tanning agents have a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect;
- Pectins prevent the development of inflammatory processes, prevent the appearance of tumors in the cells, contribute to the removal of toxins;
- Phytoncides counteract the development of pathogenic bacteria;
- Folic acid reduces the effect of the destructive effect of radiation on the human body, it is a catalyst for the elimination of toxins and heavy metals( such as lead, mercury, cobalt);
- Fiber helps to normalize the digestive processes and the work of the stomach and intestines, prevents the occurrence of cancer, reduces cholesterol levels in the blood;
- Organic acids stimulate intestinal peristalsis, limit the growth and reproduction of bacteria, stimulate the secretion of gastric juice.
Black and red currants are similar in composition to the vitamins and trace elements , differing only in the concentration of a particular substance. In addition to the above, redcurrant is a source of serotonin and coumarin, with antitumor and analgesic effects.
Contraindications to the use of
In addition to benefits, currants can cause harm. Black currant is not recommended for use with thrombophlebitis, since the high content of vitamin K in berries increases blood clotting .
Currants, both black and red, can not be used for gastritis, gastric ulcer( with increased acidity), inflammation of the duodenum. It is dangerous in cases of hepatitis, risk of heart attack or stroke.
Medicinal properties of black currant
The benefits of berries for the health of men and women
The use of black currant has a positive effect on the immunity of .The reason for this - the high content of vitamin C. 50 g of freshly picked berries contain its daily rate for humans.
Black currant berries are useful to use in case of diphtheria, dysentery, as they have a strong antimicrobial effect. They also increase the effect of antibiotics on the human body several times.
It is recommended to use blackcurrant juice for intestinal disorders, upper respiratory tract infections and kidney infections. Fresh juice should be diluted with a small amount of boiled water. Juice can be canned, making blanks for the winter. To do this, the enumerated, washed and well-dried berries are crushed, filled with distilled water and boiled for 5 minutes. The mixture is filtered through a sieve and poured into sterilized jars, which twist the lids( for 1 kg of berries - 200 ml of water).If desired, juice can be sweetened with
Dried black currants speed up the body's detoxification from radioactive particles and heavy metals ( cobalt, lead, mercury, etc.) In order to dry black berriescurrants, they should be carefully looked through, leaving only whole and healthy-looking, rinse thoroughly and dry on a cloth that absorbs moisture well. Next, the berries are spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and put in the oven at 60 ° C for 3-4 hours, slightly opening the cupboard door. After the drying time has expired, if the berries do not produce juice during compression, this means that they have reached the degree of readiness. Dried currants are stored in linen bags, hermetically sealed containers of glass or tin.
Recipes infusions of leaves
Useful substances are also found in blackcurrant leaves, which make infusions with healing properties. What concentration of infusions should be? When gastric ulcer and gastritis can be used tincture, prepared according to an old recipe: 20 young fresh leaves filled with 1 liter of dry red wine, infused for 20 days, taken 100 g before a meal.
With rheumatism and gout: 3 tablespoons of cut leaves are steamed with 0.5 liters of boiling water and infused for about an hour in a thermos. Accepted 100 ml shortly before meals.
Infusion of 2 tablespoons of leaves and a glass of boiling water, stimulates the stomach and intestines , relieves from constipation, dysbacteriosis, hemorrhoids, suppresses emetic urges.
A warm extract of currant leaves helps with infectious and colds: angina, bronchitis, ARVI, flu, reduces cough. To make medicinal tea, 2 tablespoons of leaves are steamed in a glass of boiling water. The mixture is heated for 15 minutes in a water bath. It is taken by mouth before meals.
The course of skin diseases can also be facilitated and accelerated with the help of black currant leaves. A bath with the addition of decoction of black currant leaves will be useful for various dermatitis, skin itching, rashes, eczema ( 50 g of leaves with branches boil with 1 liter of water for 3 minutes and filter).The infusion of blackcurrant leaves helps to eliminate potnitsa in children, to rid them of skin rashes and diathesis( 6 tablespoons of leaves is filled with 0.5 liters of boiling water and infused overnight in a thermos).
In case of chronic fatigue, , in order to strengthen the body and recuperate in the postoperative period, it is recommended to use mixed in equal shares black currant leaves, elderberry and blueberry. A tablespoon of the mixture is poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for 1 hour in a thermos. It is used as tea.
Medicinal properties of red currant
The benefits of berries, the recipe for making
juice Red currant is used as a general tonic, helps with colitis, anemia, has a diuretic effect, accelerates the removal of slags, relieves constipation .
Juice made from red currant berries has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract , improves motility, helps eliminate chronic constipation. In the heat of this juice, it is easy to quench thirst, and in inflammatory processes, on the contrary, it will help reduce the temperature. In addition, it has tonic properties, and also helps to get rid of nausea and suppress the gag reflex.
To prepare the juice: 60 g of red currant berries should be brewed in a glass of boiling water and left for 3 hours. After filtering the infusion is ready to use.
Use of leaves in traditional medicine
Red currant leaves also have healing properties. It would seem, what benefits they can bring? When treating cystitis 50 g of leaves are poured with a glass of boiling water and infused in a thermos for several hours. Take half a cup 3-5 times a day.
The diuretic effect of will have an infusion of 20 g leaves, brewed with a glass of boiling water. It is drunk 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
Thus, the currant must be present in the diet, the healing properties of its berries and leaves will help to cope with many ailments. However, should not be overly fascinated by its use, especially with thrombosis, heart attacks, strokes, regardless of the variety, be it Chinese currant or golden currant, because everything is good in moderation.