To be a good gardener and grow a good crop, you need to know some secrets on the proper care of trees.
In order for the trees to be tasty and prolific, in the summer of , should be budded. This is not such a complicated procedure; even a novice gardener will be able to master it.
In this article we will try to reveal the whole technique of grafting trees, as well as the selection of the scion.
Table of Contents
- What is
- budding? Why can I perform this procedure?
- Vaccination periods: in spring or summer?
- Pros and cons of the method
- How to choose a good cuttings for grafting
- How to instill fruit trees budding
- Perspectives Conclusion
Vaccination - is the process of transferring parts from one plant to another, with whom she later fused. You can graft in different ways:
- Budding - grafting vegetative organ - the kidney. It is cut from a one-year run with a layer of bark and a small patch of wood.
- Copulation - grafting cutting. For the procedure used one-year escape with 3-4 buds.
Budding is the easiest performed by , becausetakes root faster and coalesces better with stock.
wood. For this, you can perform this procedure
Budding is done if there is no tree of the desired variety for sale. It is necessary for:
- increases the frost resistance of the grafted tree;
- makes better and more valuable varieties;
- contributes to the rapid emergence of the crop;
- allows you to make those varieties that you need.
Timing grafting: in spring or summer?
begins the procedure in early August, its duration is 4 weeks. The first step is to inoculate stone fruit varieties( cherry, cherry plum), then seed seeds( apple, pear).
A wild and a bud at the time of the procedure should be the desired development of .Eyes or buds arising on the shoots should be finally formed.
It can be determined simply: you need to bend the escape, if you hear a crunch. Stocks must develop well so that the bark can be separated.
The procedure is performed until the end of the growing season. , in the summer.
Budding, carried out earlier, threatens with the fact that until the autumn time, the cuttings will germinate, and when the first cold weather appears, they die, and if later - they do not take root.
Pros and cons of the method
Like all processes, budding has a number of positive and negative qualities.
Advantages of the method:
- Suitable for the reproduction of various varieties that can not be divided vegetatively.
- Provides more vigorous tree growth. An example is the euonymus, which grows slowly when seeds are grown.
- Improved branching.
- Cuttings are cut at the fruiting site.
- High reproduction rate.
The disadvantages include:
- A big waste of time for care.
- Sometimes there may be a physiological incompatibility.
- Reduces the life of trees. For example, red chestnuts are very sensitive, they stop growing and gradually die.
- May impair the quality of planting material, especially for ornamental plants.
- Slows growth.
It is important to know that can not be planted evergreen trees .
No matter how it was there, grafting is important for trees, becauseit is sometimes the only way to breed.
How to choose the right cuttings for
grafting The cuttings to be used for grafting are taken from the fruit trees of the standard species. It is necessary to monitor the internal selection of cuttings for grafting trees.
Choose only strong healthy trees that are more resistant than others.
Eyes and cuttings are not simultaneously ready for budding .They start from the south side of the trunk. The cuttings should be cut at least 15 cm. They should be cut above the 2-3 bud.
Shoots of stone trees should be strong, at least 30 cm long. If the shoot is short, numerous buds begin to bloom that are not suitable for grafting.
Important information: needs fresh cuttings for the process. They need to cut the leaves to retain moisture. Leaf cuttings are saved for easy budding.
species. How to graft
fruit trees correctly It is rather difficult to inoculate the grafting alone, so you need an helper. One person with a sharp okulirovochny knife inoculates, the other - bandages with a fabric of natural materials - gauze, cotton fabric.
Wicks need to be prepared a week before the procedure: to do this, the ground near the neck of the root must be removed. In parallel, it is necessary to determine the separation of the bark from the wilderness, if it is easy, then you can stick in the bark.
If the compartment is bad, then the wilderness needs to be saturated with moisture so that the growth of wilderness is activated before the procedure, as well as the cambium is attached, which plays an important role in the separation of the cortex. The eyes can not settle down on the wilderness, from which the bark is not good.
Before carrying out the procedure, the trunks must be wiped with a wet cloth. For budding, you only need mature eyes. Apical and lower eyes do not use, becausethey are underdeveloped.
budding. Cut the stalk together with the bark and wood( cambium and sapwood) from the tree. They form a shield.
In order for the shield to come out, a little below the kidney, an incision of 15-2 cm of the trunk is necessary. They begin to cut off the shield 2 cm above the kidney, leading the knife down and grazing the cambium, bark, and sapwood.
The obtained shield is wedged into the bark of the , and then tied up, closing everything except the peephole. Carry out the procedure in windless, not rainy weather.
Important information: a positive result depends on the professionalism of the doctor, the speed of the budding, the cleanliness and sharpness of the knife, as well as the competent dressing.
The accretion of the cutting with the trunk is rapid. Already after 14-18 days it is necessary to make a check on how the eyes of take root.
How to determine survival rate? For this there are a number of distinctive features:
- pale green tint of the bark of the shield;
- freshness and appearance of the peephole;
- easy, quick petiole separation.
If the eyes do not get accustomed to , they become dull, dry, and cease to separate. In the last stage, they shrivel and die.
Once the procedure is over, cultivation must be done to make the soil less dense. For the winter, the wilderness is watered, and the hilling is also carried out so that the eyes do not freeze.
If the starts sprouting in the fall, the eyes are connected to the stem and, after the appearance of several leaves, they are pinned so that they mature faster.
When hilling wilderness, it is necessary to flush with earth the shoots that emerged from the eyes. In March, you need to do razukochivanie. Already developed shoots are cut off in order to grow a new shoot in the spring.
How easy it is to vaccinate( budding):
The prospects for this method are great:
- It is with the help of it that you can form new varieties of trees.
- Budding helps if the plant can not reproduce in standard ways.
- For a short period of time you can get a lot of tasty harvest.
- Grafting is a huge savings in garden space. It is not necessary to plant male and female plants nearby, but only to make a couple of twigs.
- You can make a "tree-garden" - this is the budding of several types of apples or pears on a tree stock. It turns out that at first one variety will grow, then another, the third and now you can feast on different varieties without the hassle.
- There are varieties that require cross-pollination from different varieties for a larger and high-quality crop. So, if you carry out the budding of several species of cherries per plant, you can significantly increase the yield.
Budding is a good way to make a tree more fertile and healthy .This is a simple and inexpensive method that any novice gardener can handle.
It is important to learn how to care for the grafted tree, and you have a tasty harvest. The main thing is to choose the right cuttings and attach them well to the tree.
This technique must be learned by any gardener who wants to have his own garden.
Budding for beginners - easy and affordable about tree grafting: