content of the article:
Jojoba oil, properties and applications of which are varied due to its rich composition, Used for homemade beauty recipes. Jojoba( Simmond Chinese) is an evergreen shrub that grows in the deserts of North America, Mexico and on the California coast. The oil is extracted from its fruits by pressing, and then added to creams, masks, lipsticks, perfumes and hair products. It can also be purchased in its pure form in pharmacies or cosmetics stores.
Composition and properties of
oil Jojoba oil is a vegetable wax, thick and dark yellow. Despite its high density, it absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy film on the skin and hair. Based on its chemical composition, it can be assumed how to use jojoba oil and in what cases it will be useful:
- Vitamin E is indispensable for the skin. It is considered a powerful natural antioxidant, that is, protects the cells of the epidermis from the harmful effects of free radicals. These radicals are found in polluted air, toxic soaps and cosmetics, food and water. They enter into chemical reactions with lipids, which causes premature aging and destruction of cells. Vitamin E inhibits such reactions and protects cellular structures.
- Unsaturated fatty acids( oleic, eicosenic, docosahexasenic) are necessary for dry skin. They are involved in lipid metabolism and saturate the cells with essential nutrients. They are also able to trap moisture in the skin and prevent its evaporation. Due to the large amount of oleic acid, oil is well absorbed and can be the basis in complex cosmetic preparations.
- Collagen is a component that is involved in tissue regeneration. This protein creates a kind of frame - the structure of the skin. Due to collagen, the properties of jojoba oil and its use are not limited only to moisturizing the skin. It is used in cosmetology against wrinkles and stretch marks, including as a preventive measure.
Oil can be applied to the skin and hair alone or with other components. It is part of many cosmetic products - creams, ointments, emulsions, hair care products.
You can find oil from different manufacturers. If the packaging indicates that the product is natural, there is no difference between them.
Jojoba Oil Application Methods
Cosmetic Jojoba Oil is a simple cosmetic product that is easy to use at home. It can be found in pharmacies or perfume stores. The bottle contains only natural oil, without dyes and flavors.
Quality oil has an unlimited shelf life. It can be stored at room temperature and used as needed.
Jojoba oil is usually not used for the skin in its pure form, because it is quite fatty. It is mixed with lighter vegetable oils( grape, peach or almond).The exception may be very dry skin, which needs intensive hydration.
Because of the pronounced antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, cosmetologists advise to apply Jojoba oil for acne:
- First, the face skin is cleansed with a regular lotion or gel for washing. You can use a scrub from sugar or sea salt.
- The oil is rubbed into the skin with massage movements, pressing down on problem areas.
- You can cover the face with a towel and wait until the product is absorbed.
- Wash off excess oil with water.
For sensitive skin prone to the appearance of acne, it is worth preparing a homemade lotion for washing. Half a cup of warm milk is combined with 20 ml of jojoba oil and a few drops of other soothing oils( bergamot, sandalwood).The mixture is rubbed on the face with a cotton pad.
Jojoba lip oil will protect them from drying out and the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays at any time of the year. There are several simple recipes based on this ingredient:
- 1 spoon of butter is combined with half a spoon of sugar and used as a scrub. The method is recommended to remove the peeling from weathered lips.
- In pure form, the oil is applied to the lips for prevention. Especially it will be useful during tanning or in the cold season. Also, it will serve as an excellent basis for makeup.
Jojoba oil is useful to combine with other vegetable oils and vitamins in capsules.
It is also useful to apply jojoba oil from stretch marks. It is well absorbed into the skin and stimulates cell regeneration processes, due to which stretch marks become less noticeable. It is necessary to understand that this problem is not just a cosmetic defect, but peculiar scars on the skin, therefore it is impossible to remove them completely. Cosmetics can reduce the depth of stretch marks and repair fresh injuries, but they will be ineffective against old defects. The best way to keep your skin clean is prevention, so many women use jojoba oil during pregnancy. The active ingredients moisturize the skin, and collagen makes it more elastic, so stretch marks do not appear.
For hair and nails
Jojoba oil is found in many shampoos, balms and conditioners. There are several ways to use it in its pure form:
- A few drops of oil are added to a balm or hair mask, spread the mixture onto clean, damp hair and leave for 10-10 minutes.
- For very dry hair, it can be used daily. Oil is applied to the comb and comb curls. The method is well suited to owners of long unruly hair.
- Jojoba oil can be used independently as a mask. It should be heated in a water bath, fingers rubbed into the roots of the hair, and the remnants distribute the comb along the entire length. An hour later, the hair must be washed with shampoo, otherwise they will remain oily shine.
Jojoba oil for eyelashes is used so that they grow faster and do not fall out. To do this, use a clean brush from the mascara and distribute the oil from the middle to the tips of the eyelashes. You should not put it on the roots, otherwise it can get into the eyes, create a greasy film and cause irritation. After 20-30 minutes, residues that are not absorbed are removed with a cotton pad.
You should choose natural cosmetics with the addition of oils, without dyes and allergens.
Beauticians recommend using eyebrow jojoba oil. Thick natural eyebrows are in fashion, but cosmetics, coloring agents and environmental factors make them rare and colorless. Oil restores the hair structure, makes them more durable and long. It can be applied overnight, either alone or mixed with other vegetable oils and vitamins.
Jojoba oil for nails is an easy and affordable way to keep them strong. The nails become brittle due to the lack of moisture, vitamins and minerals, varnishes and the action of low or high temperature. The oil is absorbed into the nail plate and moisturizes it, and vitamins contribute to its strengthening. It is rubbed into the nails and cuticle with massage movements, after which it is necessary to avoid contact with detergents, washing powder and other aggressive media. If you need to do household chores, you can wear rubber gloves.
Jojoba oil bottle is better to keep in the bathroom. So it will be possible to use it after each hand wash, which will significantly speed up the process of nail restoration.
Contraindications and side effects of
Jojoba essential oil has no contraindications and does not cause side effects. Before first use, you need to test for individual sensitivity. A small amount of oil is applied to the skin of the forearm and monitor the reaction of the skin. Redness, rash, itching and swelling indicate an allergic reaction.
Store the oil in a glass container at room temperature. Its shelf life is unlimited.
A wide range of properties of jojoba oil and its use are based on its complex chemical composition. Manufacturers add it to well-known skin and hair care products, as well as decorative cosmetics. Oil can also be purchased in its pure form and prepare homemade masks and creams based on it. It does not contain dyes and fragrances and is suitable for any skin type. With it, you can also reduce the depth of wrinkles and stretch marks, get rid of acne, restore hair healthy look and shine.