Potatoes are called “second bread” and without it, no table can be imagined. To get a rich harvest, you need to know all the secrets of growing this root. Consider the favorable terms of planting culture on the basis of folk signs and whether it is possible to plant potatoes without digging the ground.
. Contents:Folk omens when planting
potatoes. The time for planting potatoes is different and depends on many factors, but there are calculations that differ from standard .These calculations include folk omens.
For hundreds of years in the villages, "grandmother's advice" has been passed on how to grow a good child, and here are the popular recommendations:
- can not be planted potatoes during the Holy Week according to the calendar;
- if you land on Saturday or , it will deteriorate quickly;
- when an elder or bird-cherry begins to bloom is a favorable time for planting potatoes;
- when the coltsfoot begins to bloom, then after 30 days early potatoes can be planted;
- can not plant potatoes before the leaves have blossomed on the birch tree and flowers appear no later than on the bird cherry tree;
- if the air temperature at night holds up to +10 for 3 days, then you can safely plant potatoes;
- if, when planting potatoes, the ground under the shovel crumbles, and does not stick , then the harvest will be good.
. The correct time for a big crop.
. The time for planting is directly dependent on the following factors:
The best time to land beginning and middle of May is .In warm regions, you can land at the end of April. It is recommended to track the favorable time for weather conditions. If the air temperature is kept around 10 degrees, then the potatoes can be planted.
In the northern regions, the deadline moves to mid-late May. If you hurry, it will affect the harvest. And if you delay planting, the soil will dry out and there will not be enough moisture to help the plant grow well.
Planting potatoes without weeding and digging
Most gardeners spend a lot of time digging the soil in the fall and spring. But many have a question, is it necessary to do this?
Is it necessary to plow the land
? Some agronomists of do not recommend plowing the land .And there is an adequate explanation. The advantages of tilled land are as follows:
- moisture is better maintained on an intact bed;
- root root system penetrates the intact soil layer and consumes the stored spring moisture for a month. Tubers are formed in a non-plowed ridge, which has a positive effect on the plant ;
- the width of the stored rows allows, without prejudice, to take care of the plant, weed it, pile it up and protect it from pests;
- fertilizer leaves significantly less than on tilled land.
Features of themethod
Many microorganisms live in the soil, insects that fertilize it and make it more fertile. If you start to dig up the earth, then many useful insects die. The soil turns into barren .Especially if you start to water it from above with chemicals, it aggravates the condition of the land and affects the future harvest.
Although there are completely opposite points of view, there is an option that it is better not to dig up the ground when planting and the crop will be even better than after digging. In order to verify the effectiveness of the method, you can arrange an experiment in your own garden.
Ways to plant potatoes without plowing
The easiest and most effective way to plant potatoes is without plowing .There are several ways.
How to plant on the grass without weeding and digging
The method can actually be described in two words: you need to decompose the tubers on the dried soil and cover it with freshly cut grass.
A more detailed description of the following:
- in the spring you need to wait until the young grass grows up. If the plot is small, then you should mow the grass with a scythe, if large, then prepare the mower;
- sprinkle a piece of grass with and wait for it to dry. ;
- planting of tubers is carried out manually in rows, row width 50-60cm;
- on top cover planting material with young, freshly cut grass .After 2 weeks, repeat the procedure. Young grass quickly rot and effectively fertilizes the plant;
- tubers quickly sprout and sprout through the grass, the root system goes into the soil.
Also, the main advantage of the method is that you do not need to spend a lot of energy on plowing, hilling the garden, digging.
Growing under a layer of mulch
Since autumn, the garden of is covered with a layer of grass and warmed with film. In this state, it remains until spring. The ground under the grass coat is very loose. When in spring the temperature of the air is kept up to +10 degrees, the film is removed and the potato planting begins.
We need to take germinated tubers, where there are more eyes and push them under the last year's layer of grass. It is recommended to plant potatoes in staggered sprouts down. The distance between potatoes 50 cm .
.Film should be removed when the first shoots appear under it.
Pre-need to select small potatoes and to select medium and large tubers. The harvest will be much higher.
As the sprouts appear, freshly cut grass should be added to them. The bulk of the grass should be poured under the bushes. When the grass rots, you need to add fresh mulch again.
For the best effect, you can water in ASY ash ash .Ash increases the mineral content in potatoes.
Planting potatoes without plowing - significantly reduces the cost of manual labor throughout the summer. Given that the rotted grass is an additional source of fertilizer soil. You have a rich harvest!