Jasmine Sambac is a magnificent indoor plant that will adorn any interior. Evergreen shrub in translation means "fragrant jasmine."Experienced flower growers and simple housewives, he fascinates with its aroma and attractive appearance. To grow it at home you need to have information about the characteristics of these crops. In the photo of jasmine Sambak you can clearly see the beauty of the leaves and the flower of the plant.
Characteristics of Sambac jasmine
This plant belongs to the evergreen climbing or climbing shrubs. The leaves are simple, trifoliate, pinnate, ovate, leathery, from 2-10 cm long, which are located opposite each other. Sambac jasmine flowers have a regular, terry or semi-double, elongated shape of a thin tube that blooms on the edge. Their calyx is approximately equal to 1 cm.
The peculiarity of such a plant is that it has an upper ovary, which becomes a berry during ripening. White, red or yellow shades are the corollas of jasmine flowers. The stems of such a bush are thin, brown in color, resembling tree branches.
The flowering of room jasmine Sambac lasts several months, under favorable conditions and proper care can last the whole year.
A variety of jasmine Sambac
This plant has several subspecies. The following varieties are the most popular among gardeners:
- Jasmine Belle India. This species was bred by Indian breeders. It belongs to the category of fast-growing shrubs or vines. Characterized by flowers of regular shape with two stamens, which are located inside. Blooming such jasmine can occur year-round.
- Jasmine Arab Knights. This plant belongs to quickly growing bushes. Favorable conditions for growing are sunny and shady places. Watering should be moderate. Flowering of this variety occurs in the period from March to October.
- Jasmine Indiana. For the first time this species began to grow in India. Externally, the plant is similar to shrubs and lianas. The diameter of fragrant and double flowers is 1.5 cm. It can bloom both on the sunny side and in the shade all year round. Watering should be moderate. In comparison with other varieties, this plant requires a higher air temperature for flowering.
- Jasmine Mali Chat. Refers to slow growing shrubs. The diameter of the stuffed, double flowers is 1.5 cm. Growing and caring for them requires certain knowledge and skills. Like most species of jasmine Sambak, it blooms all year round in the shade and on the sunny side.
- Jasmine Orleans Maid. Considered a fast-growing shrub. This species is bred by Indian breeders. Flowers of the correct form are in the blossoming state for one day, after which they fall, instead of them new ones fall. When growing this type, you can not allow an excess of soil moisture.
Before growing any variety in a residential area, it is necessary to carefully study the characteristics of the plant and how to care for Sambac jasmine at home.
Jasmine care Sambac
In order to grow healthy and beautiful indoor jasmine, you need to ensure proper care for it, namely:
- Choose a suitable place for growing. This is a light-loving culture. In winter, for good growth and flowering, it is necessary to provide it with additional illumination so that the daylight lasts at least sixteen hours. Otherwise, jasmine may die.
- Create optimal air temperature. It is necessary to grow and care for jasmine sambac indoors, where the temperature will be within 16-20 degrees in winter, and in summer not to exceed 25-30 degrees.
- Provide regular watering. This houseplant needs constant and moderate watering. In a cool room, watering is not necessary often, and when dry air requires intense moisture.
- Perform pruning, plant nutrition. In order for the jasmine bush to grow beautiful and neat you need to prune it with the onset of spring. Weak and thin shoots must be completely removed, and long shortened by two-thirds. After the end of the first flowering wave, the stems should be pinched or slightly trimmed. This way to start a new growth of flower shoots. Once a month to fertilize the plant by special means, which include phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen.
Young jasmine Sambac needs to be replanted annually in pots of larger diameter. Adult shrubs need to replant every two years.
Many housewives are faced with the question - what to do if jasmine does not bloom? There may be several reasons for this:
- insufficient soil moisture;
- dry or cold indoor air;
- is not sufficiently acidic soil;
- use of chlorinated tap water for soil moistening;
- deepening the root collar when planting more than 3 cm into the soil.
By eliminating these causes and ensuring proper care, such a bush will bloom for years.