After reading the article, you will learn how ginger root, useful properties and contraindications to its use can help you. Wonder Root Ginger is known for its original taste, spicy aroma. The list of useful characteristics consists not of one ten points. The range of its application is truly wide: medicinal decoctions, slimming teas, seasonings for meat, fish, marinades, confectionery.
- How is ginger root useful?
- How to eat ginger root?
- Ginger Root - Slimming
- How to store ginger root?
In Europe, this root is popular in the manufacture of alcoholic beverages - ginger beer, all kinds of punches, liqueurs give people a good mood, benefit at the same time. Frayed ginger root is used as a compress for rheumatic manifestations, joint pain.
Room conditions or a cottage are quite acceptable for the cultivation of this native of Southeast Asia. The plant itself has reed stems, can grow up to 1-1.2 meters high. The spike-shaped inflorescence type is distinguished by a yellow-brown scale. Only fleshy ginger roots that have a light brown shade, palmate shape are suitable for use. It is the tubers that contain all the beneficial, nutrients that ginger is so famous for.
What is the benefit of ginger root?
Ginger is useful for its rich vitamin composition, amino acids necessary for the body( threonine, leisin, phelanin, tryptophan, methionine), essential oils. Manganese, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, caprylic, linoleic, oleic acid - is not a complete list of useful components of ginger tubers.
Ginger dilutes blood, helps digestion, removes bile, promotes the formation of gastric juice, makes you feel better when food poisoning, strengthens the immune system.
Ginger root - useful properties:
- With colds, has a strong anti-inflammatory, warming, diaphoretic effect.
- Helps cough, sore throat( hot decoction).
- Used to increase appetite, normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Used for various types of intoxication, digestive disorders. When constipation gives a slight laxative effect.
- Helps to stop allergic manifestations( itching, skin rash).
- To improve memory, brain function, in atherosclerosis, to strengthen the blood vessels.
- For the treatment of grade 1 hypertension.
- For lowering blood cholesterol.
- To reduce weight, accelerate metabolism.
- For gynecological diseases, to increase fertility.
- With rheumatism, arthritis, arthrosis, for the treatment of joints, reducing painful symptoms after injury.
- Has a significant anti-cancer effect( prevention).
- In inflammation of the gums, mouth.
- In cosmetology( improves skin tone, removes irritation).
- For diseases of the thyroid gland.
- For the treatment of hair loss, prevention of dandruff.
Ginger root has undeniable value. The harm and benefits of its use, however, go hand in hand. How wide the range of ginger tubers is, so much their use can be dangerous if you suffer from certain diseases.
A strict contraindication to the use of ginger is:
- A gastric ulcer.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Duodenal Ulcer.
- Colon Diverticulosis.
- Large intestine diverticulitis.
- Gallstone disease.
- The last trimester of pregnancy.
- The threat of miscarriage.
- Acceptance of antiarrhythmic, antihypertensive( blood pressure lowering) drugs.
Do not take ginger at a very high temperature, with strong heat, with various types of bleeding( it has a "blood-discharging" effect).↑ to content ↑
How to eat ginger root?
With the addition of ginger root, any dish will become exquisite. Surprisingly, but the fact is - ginger is suitable for almost all products! It is used fresh, pickled, dried, added to various jams, drinks, soups.
Fresh root is cleaned, rubbed( or chopped) on a grater, after which teas and decoctions are made from it. It is suitable for use just chopped, supplemented with lemon, salt or sugar. Also good candied candied ginger root, as a delicacy.
Dried, ground to powdery ginger root is widely used in the preparation of meat, fish, various sauces, dressings, as well as baking. Fresh ginger root has a pronounced, unique flavor, and dry - spicy sharpness. As mentioned above, it is taken not only inside, but also externally - a slurry or a powder diluted with water is applied to the sore spots on the body.
This spicy root also goes well with other plants, spices, as it increases their beneficial qualities. Cinnamon and honey, garlic and lemon, curry, cardamom, mint, nutmeg - all of them, along with ginger, are a real medicinal drug. Ginger low calorie - 80 kcal per 100 g).↑ to content ↑
Ginger root - for weight loss
Essential oils that contain ginger root, purposefully “work” on weight loss - burning fat deposits, removing excess fluid from the body, speeding up the metabolism. Along with excellent taste characteristics, the process of losing weight with the help of ginger becomes a pleasant, popular procedure.
Reviews of all those who have felt the effect of "ginger" diets are unanimous: those extra pounds are leaving gradually, but do not come back. In addition, there is the effect of vitality, muscle mass is in good shape, and cellulite deposits slowly but surely go. It is noteworthy that even the addition of one ginger tea intake in the diet shows positive results after 14 days.
Ginger-based tea can be taken with any frequency, not exceeding the prescribed daily allowance of liquid - 1.5-2 liters. Not bad add grated or chopped root to vegetable salads.
The recipe for cooking ginger root for one of the most popular "slimming" salads is:
- small fresh cucumber;
- small carrots;
- medium baked beets;
- grated pulp of one orange;
- fresh( or dried) celery;
- lemon juice for dressing( 1 dessert spoon);
- olive oil( 1 tsp);
- ginger root, grated on a grater( 1 teaspoon).
Cut cucumber, carrot, beet into small cubes, mix with the other ingredients.
If slow weight loss is more acceptable for you, then adding dried root when using first courses, drinks or tea will be enough for you. If you pursue the goal to lose weight quickly, then it is better to opt for fresh ginger, which should be added to dishes or drink as decoctions.
Ginger root for weight loss - several application options:
- The most uncomplicated is ginger tea, drunk at least 3 times a day. A teaspoon of chopped root or a third of the same spoon, but dry ginger powder is added to the teapot. Tea itself can be absolutely anything.
- Ginger water - infused with water, purified, finely chopped root( about 50 grams) is poured with 1 liter of boiling water, infused for 2-3 hours. All volume needs to be drunk in a day.
- Honey ginger tea with orange, mint - 3 tablespoons of grated ginger, two tablespoons of finely chopped mint are added to 1.5 liters of boiling water. When the water boils again, boil the root for another 10 minutes, then cool, add honey( 2 tablespoons), squeezed juice from one orange, a pinch of pepper. Use moderately hot.
- Ginger with lemon - add a juice of half a lemon to a glass of ginger water. Despite the simplest recipe, this drink is a powerful, effective means for losing weight.
- Ginger-garlic brew is one of the most effective means to fight extra pounds. Ginger finely chopped( 2 tablespoons), add 2 cloves of garlic( also chopped), pour one liter of boiling water, infuse for 2-3 hours. Take half a cup before a meal. Use the entire amount of fluid should be a day. You should not worry about the garlic smell, as ginger reliably “blocks” it.
- Ginger coffee - here the recipe is similar to brewing tea. Either grated or dry ginger is added to the cezvea with natural coffee - taste will surprise you. You can experiment with this recipe: add milk, cinnamon, or cloves.
- Ginger kefir is a delicious, ideal drink for hot days. To half a teaspoon of grated ginger root is added one tablespoon of honey, 0.5 teaspoons of cinnamon powder, 2 tablespoons of water, a slice of lemon. All the ingredients are mixed( honey is dissolved in water), poured a glass of yogurt.
The saturation of the tea depends on how the ginger root is brewed. If the root is in the water for a long time, the drink will become more burning, bitter. If the recipe does not indicate a long time of infusion, then after 15-20 minutes the drink can be consumed, during which time the beneficial properties of the root will already be given to the water.
Ginger root decoction is equally useful cold or hot. It is good to store decoctions in a thermos - it helps to preserve the useful components of the drink. If you use dry ginger powder instead of fresh gruel, then take it twice less( according to the recipe), keep it on low heat for a little longer( 20-25 minutes).↑ to content ↑
How is ginger root stored?
There are several tricks to keep the ginger root as long as possible:
- Refrigerated storage of ginger is important for the first 5-6 days, after which its healing qualities are lost.
- If an uncleaned tuber is carefully packed using a plastic bag, placed in a freezer, it will last for a long time without losing its beneficial qualities. For convenience, you can pre-divide the root into small fragments. You can also rub the root on a grater or chop it with a blender, and put the resulting gruel in a plastic bag, give it the shape of a "pancake".Such ginger is frozen, and if necessary, just break off a piece of "pancake" - a very convenient, practical way of storage.
- Chop the chopped root into thin slices, cover with white wine. So it will stand in the refrigerator for many weeks - this method is suitable for future marinades, sauces, side dishes for meat or fish.
- The root cut into small cubes is filled with vodka - this tincture will be stored for a very long time, it is good to add it to teas, decoctions, and ginger itself is used as usual, as you are used to.
- Finely chopped tuber is boiled in a thick solution of sugar with water, about 10-15 minutes, then cooled. Stored in the cold.
- Dried ginger root powder is suitable for storage for several months.
A truly universal product is ginger root, whose beneficial properties and contraindications must be carefully studied before use. He is a spice, medicine, immunomodulator. Its competent use will strengthen your health, prolong the years of life. A good state of health will become a constant companion.