Contents of the article:
Dieffenbachia is a beautiful ornamental plant that is easy to care for. Why do leaves of dieffenbachia turn yellow, and how to remedy the situation, experts advise. A tropical plant requires conditions close to its natural habitat. Before settling dieffenbachia in the house, you need to know about the conditions of detention. The dying flower will be mute reproach for the florist.
The main factors for the correct content of
There are three risk factors - improper plant care, pests and diseases. Determinant is care. If the leaves turn yellow at Dieffenbachia - this is a signal of trouble. If the problem is resolved at the first sign, the plant will recover, and for a long time it will delight with beauty.
In order to grow a straight tree, requires uniform lighting. Therefore, the plant must be periodically rotated clockwise in the direction of the light source.
The errors in the care include unacceptable conditions for the flower:
- The illumination in the summer through the tulle curtain is quite comfortable for the plant. In winter, dieffenbachia requires more light, the duration of daylight should be at least 10 hours. With a lack of light, the leaves turn pale, then turn yellow. The sun's rays create necrotic spots.
- Watering with hard water will lead to pallor, and then to yellow leaves. Water should be soft, Ferrovit feeding with pallor of leaves, as an ambulance. The leaves will turn brown and dry out if the plant is over-dried. But why did all the leaves turn yellow and immediately at Dieffenbachia? The plant is flooded, the earth soured, the roots rot and do not work. If you do not remove the rot and transplant the plant into a new substrate, it will wither in a few days.
- The soil mixture should be fertile, loose and slightly acidic. With dense soil, with impaired acidity, salts from the soil are not absorbed. Growth will slow, yellow leaves will turn yellow. This will be a sign of an imbalance of nutrients in the soil. If the yellowness starts from the top, a vitamin supplement is required in a balanced composition for decorative foliage plants.
- The temperature for the room flower of the dieffenbachia should be flat, without sudden drops. If a short-term decrease to 10-12 degrees occurs, the plant will survive, but the leaves will gradually turn yellow and fall off. Drafts will also lead to yellowing of the plate, its drying. This phenomenon is called necrosis.
The plant intensively cleans the air in the room. Therefore, dust accumulates on the leaves. They should be washed in the shower or wiped with a damp cloth.
It is necessary to take into account that the plant does not immediately react to the offense, changes occur a week or two after the blow has been received. And each such inattention weakens the flower. After that, dieffenbachia affects the disease, it becomes a source of food for pests.
Dieffenbachia pests are:
- spider mite;
They all feed on the plant sap, gradually destroying it. With frequent spraying of the leaves and wiping them with a damp cloth, the tick will not start. He likes dry air. But if the care is careless, then the punctures on the leaves and their yellowing will become noticeable. Multiplying very quickly, the tick will inhabit all plants. Why do the leaves of dieffenbachia turn yellow from settling a tick? He quickly multiplies and sucks the juice from the leaf. If you do not fight, the plant will die.
Any change in the appearance of the flower signals a disease. Only gradual yellowing of the lower leaves and their drying is a normal physiological process. In other cases, the appearance of any spots or discoloration is a signal. Bacterial, viral and fungal diseases can affect the plant.
For fungal diseases include:
- anthracosis - black-brown spots on a sheet, yellow bordering;
- leaf spot - starts with small spots with an orange border;
- root rot - visible as a dark rim on the lower part of the trunk, on top of a light gray patina;
- Fusarium wilt - affects the root, the vascular system, the plant fades, turns yellow, dies.
All these diseases are treated with copper preparations. But as a preventive measure, a self-sterilized self-priming should be used during transplantation. Fusarium is not treated, the plant is destroyed along with the dishes.
Bactericidal diseases are called dieffenbachia, which manifest themselves as moist spots and ulcers with an unpleasant odor. They are also not treatable. They get rid of the plant, disinfect the dishes.
Viral diseases can be identified by a change in leaf color. He can become bronze, appear uncharacteristic spots. Viruses are transmitted by insects. The plant is not treated.