Who in the garden or in the garden does not have this wonderful berry. Raspberry is a tasty and healthy berry, it is characterized by healing properties, it is grown on trellis( wooden supports between which wire is tense or rake is nailed).
Breeders distinguish four types of raspberries :
- Ordinary raspberries.
Standard( tree) raspberry appeared at the end of the twentieth century in Russia. First grade Tarusa registered in 1993.This type of raspberry has become popular and sought after by gardeners.
- Features shtambovoy raspberry
- Where can I buy such cuttings
- Preparing the soil for planting seedlings
- Advantages and disadvantages of varieties of raspberry tree
- Description tree raspberry varieties
- Penguin and Eurasia
- Useful properties of berries
Characteristics of the standard raspberry
The standard raspberry is popularly called the raspberry tree
On each side shoot shoots are formed, on which berries grow round or elongated, weighing from 4-5 g to 12-18 g, depending on the variety.
Where you can buy such cuttings
In nurseries, fruit and berry stations, and specialized farms , where seedlings of regional varieties of fruit and berry crops are grown.
We should not take them from random sellers, since a person who does not know does not distinguish between raspberry varieties.
Soil preparation for planting
seedlings Raspberries can be planted both in spring and in autumn .When planting the planting material in the fall, the place is prepared about two months before planting, and it is advisable to plant either legumes, mustard, or alfalfa on this site.
Herbs will enrich the soil with organic matter, and legumes with nitrogen and other trace elements.
Raspberry needs watering at the time when it blooms and when the fruit are tied.
When choosing a landing time in the spring, the place is prepared from the fall .In spring, seedlings should be planted before budding, and in the fall, time is calculated so that the plants can be strengthened before the start of frost.
When planting raspberries in the fall, spud up 12-15 centimeters, cover the lower buds so that they do not freeze.
. Plants are planted in two ways. :
- Using a belt method, a trench is prepared in advance and organic and mineral fertilizers are added to it.
- Shrubs, pits are made at a distance of 50-70 cm from each other.
The distance between rows is 1.5 - 2.0 m to allow the cultivator to plow between rows, and each bush will receive more light.
is fertilized into a trench or pits for planting and filled with a layer of soil.
The roots of the seedlings are cut off , released from the damaged, then dropped into a mash( infusion of mullein or chicken litter filled with clay) and spread on the ground.
The plant is covered with cooked earth and mulched around chopped straw.
Care Stamp raspberry, just like ordinary, is an unpretentious plant, but if the purpose of planting was to get a big harvest, then care of raspberry bushes is absolutely necessary.
After landing, after two weeks, the bushes have already strengthened, and begin to form a bush. The tip of the shoot is pinned ( cut 10-15 cm).After that, the lateral buds wake up and by the autumn a bush of several shoots is formed.
In the first year, planted in spring, raspberries do not produce much yield.
You may be interested in these articles:
- A full description of the raspberry variety Yellow Giant.
- Growing raspberries as a profitable business.
- The main diseases of raspberry - struggle, treatment and prevention.
In the fall, cut out all the fruitful shoots and leave the young. Their spring is pruned as well as the first, and the branching of the secondary branches takes place. Such a bush can produce from 4 to 12 kg of berries.
After pruning the , the bushes must be treated with Bordeaux liquid .Although standard raspberry varieties are resistant to diseases, but prevention does not hurt, remove last year's foliage, plow the rows between rows and mulch the ground around the plants with humus.
Weeding loosens the soil and prevents it from overheating.
Watering, with a dry spring, is carried out , once a week, 10 liters for each bush. When flowering and fruiting plants demanding watering, otherwise the raspberry sheds the ovary and the resulting berries dry up.
At the time of formation of the ovaries, a second feeding is carried out, with organic and inorganic fertilizers.
In the fall, a second treatment of plants against pests is carried out. After such care, raspberries will delight with excellent harvest, large, juicy with a pleasant smell, berries.
Advantages and disadvantages of the raspberry tree varieties
. Seedlings resembling young trees, have the qualities of :
- Resistance to diseases.
- Frost tolerance, freeze temperatures down to -30, but short-term.
- Fruits when the air temperature is +30 in the shade, keeping all the taste of the berries, while they need abundant watering.
- Have a high yield.
- Stems are different from the usual raspberries in that they have no thorns, it is easy and pleasant to pick a berry.
- Berries are large, from 4 cm to 18-20 cm, well separated from the stem.
- Do not require a garter, which greatly simplifies the care of ramberry bushes of standard varieties.
Raspberry trees in a season produce 10-12 branches of substitution and do not crawl around the site, which facilitates farming in areas with standard raspberry varieties.
And standard raspberry varieties have repairable , they begin to bear fruit in late July, early June, because of this in central Russia, in Siberia, there is always a chance not to get a third of the crop, the berries do not have time to mature and fall under the frost.
For varieties of non-repetitive raspberry , which fruits from June to July in central Russia and in the south:
- Fairy Tale;
- Galaxy and others.
The repair varieties of the crimson tree include those that have been bearing fruit since July until frost, these are:
- Eurasia and others.
Description of tree raspberry varieties
Tarusa is the first domestic standard raspberry variety .It is most common among gardeners. The berries of this variety are large, conical, elongated, 4 - 12 g. Weight, have a bright red color with a pleasant smell.
The variety does not require pruning after the seed crown is formed, the roots do not spread out over the area. The trees are resistant to diseases, has a high yield.
This variety can be grown almost throughout the entire territory of Russia , although it is characterized by less frost resistance and requires bending of the bushes to the ground and covering them with snow.
Large berries up to 10 cm, very tasty, fragrant. The fortified fruit stably regardless of fluctuations in external conditions. Gives many replacement stems, prone to overgrowing.
This variety breeds well by cuttings. High-yielding, from a bush receive up to 4 kg of berries.
Grade frost-resistant, immune to diseases , and high-yielding. Up to 12 kg of berries are harvested from the bush, they tolerate transportation well, they do not crumple.
Penguin and Eurasia
Varieties Penguin and Eurasia belong to the annual varieties .After fruiting, their shoots are cut almost to the ground. In this way, these varieties are preserved in the winter and in the spring they give new shoots from the root.
They have large berries that bear fruit from late July to September, tasty and fragrant berries weighing 4-5 g.
Today there are a lot of varieties of stem raspberries, which can satisfy the tastes of most gardeners.
Raspberry trees with yellow and black berries have appeared, this is for gourmets, and they become an ornament of garden plots.
Useful properties of
berry. Raspberry berries are rich in :
- glucose, sucrose and fructose;
- malic, citric and salicylic acids;
- with vitamins A, C and B;
- minerals and salts;
- contain iron, zinc, copper, calcium;
- provitamin A.
The berries of the yellow varieties contain a lot of carotene .
Raspberry, along with drugs , is indicated for diseases:
- are colds, including the flu;
- is used for gastritis;
- weakens a strong cough for sore throat;
- is used in atherosclerosis;Scurvy
- is overcome by vitamin C, which is abundant in raspberries;
- with anemia, there is a shortage of iron, which is contained in raspberries in sufficient quantities;
- is used as a great antipyretic and diaphoretic agent in the form of drinking.
At the end, we note some interesting facts:
- One handful of raspberries improves the mood of and restores the nervous system after trouble.
- Pliny began to cultivate raspberries at the site, back in the days of ancient Rome. He tried a berry growing in the wild nature of the island of Crete and brought raspberry bush to the garden.
- Black is considered the most useful raspberry species. It has the unique ability to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.