- Choosing a Fabric and Filling
- How to sew a piece of engrav whaabeautifulTherefore, it is better when there are many of them in the household so that from time to time it is possible to change them.
- In addition, in order to sew homemade pot holders with your own hands, you do not need to have serious experience and skills in needlework, so you can sew them with your child.
- And also original homemade tacks are a great idea for a gift and even. .. a small hand-made business at sites like the Masters Fair or Etsy.
Choosing a fabric and filling
The main thing in making tacks with your own hands is the right choice of fabric and filling.
- The best fabrics for tacking - natural, such as linen, chintz or cotton. But try to choose thick fabrics - they will last longer.
Tip: in the course you can use and trim old jeans.
- You can choose not only original fabrics, but also shapes - hearts and mittens, strawberries and Christmas trees, squares and asterisks. Also keep in mind that different forms of tacks differ in functionality, which means it is best to make a full-fledged universal set: a few squares, a long tack for pans, a mitten.
- Be sure to insert a filler inside the tacks. Most often it is a synthetic winterizer, batting, felt or drape. Wadding and other thick, thick natural materials for sewing tacks are more suitable, since the synthetic winterizer has a high thermal conductivity and at the same time - a low melting threshold.
Tip: You can use an old terry towel folded in several layers as a filler.
- Embroidery, appliqués, ruffles, etc. are used as decorations.
How to sew a tack mitten
by yourself So, how to sew a tack quickly and easily? Let's first sew such a traditional mitten with edging and eyelet.
There are many ways of sewing mittens, but the principle is about the same - using 6 layers - 4 pieces of fabric and 2 pieces of filler.
- First we need to make a tack pattern. Put your palm on the paper( or directly on the fabric), making indents of 2.5-4 cm from it, schematically draw the contours of the mittens as in the photo on the right, and then cut the resulting pattern.
- Cut 2 pieces of lining material and 2 pieces of facial tissue according to your pattern. You can cut all 4 pieces of the same material, but it’s better for the inside of the mitten to choose a soft, natural, pleasant to the touch fabric, and for the front side - thick, beautiful, colorful, so that the spots on it are less noticeable. We chose cotton fabrics of a different type for the inside of the mitten and its front part for the originality and clarity of the example.
- Now, also in the form of a mitten, cut 2 pieces of filler. We remind you that it is better to refuse synthetic materials. In our case, ordinary white fleece is used, but it is better to take a denser and thicker fabric, for example, the same batting.
- And now you need to put all the details in a puff sandwich in the following order:
- We fold the two blanks of facial tissue to each other with the “face” as in photo №1.
- Now from the top and bottom of the already folded front parts put the blanks-mittens from the filler( photo number 2).
- And finally, we put the seamy fabric in the upper layer with the “face” up, and in the lowest layer we place the last blank( seamy) with the “face” on the table( photo №3).
- Now we are starting to sew. All edges are stitched with an indent of 5-7 mm, and as a result we get an inverted tack.
- Now we cut off the excess fabric at the edges( approximately 3 mm from the seam) and make cuts in all the rounding points( photo below) so that our mitten is carefully twisted.
- Now turn out the product and decorate the sleeve with a piping - oblique inlay( preferably cotton, not satin, but rather), a strip of fabric, a ribbon or a ribbon. Since our goal is to show the easiest and fastest way to sew tacks with our own hands, we use a ready-made bright tape and simply wrap our mitten with it, fasten with pins and stitch. If you are using a cloth, it should be attached with a bend of the edges. At the end we sew a loop from the same bei and our mitten is ready.
Here is another cute tack, stitched according to the described method.
If you want to slightly complicate the task and make the mitten quilted, you need to slightly change the sewing process as follows:
First you need to “quilted” one three-layer blank simply from rectangular edges of the fabric folded in the same order as described in the instructions in Section 4and then the second. Keep in mind that the thread should be in the tone of the facial matter of mittens. You will have 2 quilted rectangular pieces of future tacks that need to be folded with each other so that the back sides look outward from the bottom and top of the “sandwich”.And finally, we stitch the folded parts along the contour of the mitten pattern( see p. 1).Next, we work the edges of her sleeve with a braid or cloth and sew a loop.
We sew a square tack or stand under a hot one.
Now let's start sewing a square tack, which is very, very easy to sew - unlike the mittens, here we use: 2 pieces of batting and 2 pieces of facial tissue. Patterns are made of all parts with the size of 20x25 cm( or any other).You also need a strip of cloth for the loop - 8x15 cm, and of course ironing board, iron, needle and thread, sewing machine and scissors.
The work is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Again, a “sandwich” is made of fabric: 1 layer - batting, 2 layer - fabric face up, 3 layer - fabric face down, 4 layer - batting. Such puff blanks need to make 2 pcs.
- Two blanks are stitched together from 3 sides, and the lining should still be outward.
- The tack is turned on the outside, proglazhivaetsya.
- A loop is sewn and taken on.
- The fourth side is stitched.
- square tack can also be quilted if desired;
- you can also sew a pocket to one side;
- can be used to sew hearth-shaped holders in the shape of a heart, a circle, stars, and so on.
Here are some ideas for sewing tacks with your own hands according to the basic principle described above( scroll the photo to the right).
Mitts in patchwork style
Mitts patchwork look unusual, but before you start sewing, you should decide on the technique of connecting patches. Here are 3 main ways:
- Standard blocks - you will need to make square elements, and then process them on a typewriter.
- Patterned Sewing - pieces are cut according to special patterns. These are elements such as birds, leaves, hearts.
- Sewing on the basis of - here the elements are not sewn together, but sewn to a previously prepared basis.
To make a simple product in the technique of patchwork, you need to prepare three colors of fabric, knife, thread, corresponding to the color of matter, pins and ruler. Then prepare the scraps - squares with a side of 10 cm. Each of the squares is cut into triangles, and they are already laid as required by the scheme. All triangles are stitched together, and one side of the product is obtained. The second side is made on the same principle, and the lining material is placed between them. Then the edges are carefully sewn up, and a loop is attached to the corner - that's all, the tack is ready.
And here is a selection of fresh tack ideas for experienced and beginning needlewomen in the patchwork technique( scroll the photo to the right).
The nuances of knitting tacks
Knitting tacks is another way to create practical kitchen accessories. Even the simplest pattern will help create a beautiful product. However, do not forget that too voluminous schemes are not suitable for tacks - it will be inconvenient to use them.
Hook and knitting can be made simple or curly products as in the photo below( scroll to the right).
about knitting tack hook can be seen in the following video:
- We sew a kitchen towel - master class and do-it-yourself decor ideas
- All about sewing an apron for the kitchen - instructions, tips and photos for inspiration
- Sewing a children's apron: a master class, ideas and 70 photos for inspiration
- Kitchen wall decor -one2 super ideas
- We sew a tablecloth for 1 evening: a master class for beginners