- What is a quartz wallpaper?
- Advantages of quartz wallpaper
- Disadvantages of quartz wallpaper
- How to choose a quartz wallpaper?
- Pasting and painting quartz wallpaper
- In conclusion
The construction market today offers many finishing materials, and the range is constantly growing. The greatest variety awaits wallpaper buyers: in addition to different colors and patterns, manufacturers today offer a lot of different types, differing in a number of parameters. Among the newest and most unusual we should mention quartz wallpaper: they are completely natural, durable, durable and can be painted, but not all of them are known today. What are quartz wallpaper, what are their advantages and disadvantages, and how to master the sticker with your own hands?
What is a quartz wallpaper?
Quartz wallpapers are just beginning to conquer domestic buyers, gaining popularity due to their unique performance characteristics. They, in turn, largely depend on thefeatures of production and materials used
Without going into the nuances of making, you can conclude that they produce quartz wallpaper exclusively from natural materials, and therefore,the material is safe and environmentally friendly.
The top layer of quartz sand can be painted in a certain color, but this does not mean that after gluing the wallpaper you can not give a different shade - you can repaint them several times. The texture of this decoration is unique, but you can find wallpapers with interesting patterns and patterns, different shades.
Advantages of quartz wallpaper
Of the features of making quartz wallpaper, their main advantages come up:
- naturalness- the main advantage of the material. Wallpaper can be used in the bedrooms and in the nurseries, not being afraid that they will harm the health of the household;
- high strength, due to which quartz wallpaper can hide some of the disadvantages of walls. Strength provides a high level of resistance to abrasion and to mechanical influences;
- fire resistance, because quartz's high temperature is not terrible. It is not subject to rapid ignition, and when exposed to an open flame it will not emit any dangerous substances, because it is a natural material that undergoes minimum processing;
- unusual texture of wallpaper, which makes the room unique. Depending on the characteristics of the relief and the color of the wallpaper, you can decorate both classical and modern interiors;
- painting of quartz wallpaperis carried out to the full depth, which is easy to see by looking at the cut of the material. Due to this, the maximum imperceptibility of joints is achieved;
- Easy care. To keep the quartz wallpaper in order, it is enough to occasionally go through it with a vacuum cleaner, a whisk or a rag. Allowed and wiping barely with a damp sponge;
- possibility of repainting. Change the interior with such wallpaper is easy - it is only necessary to buy latex paint of the required shade. With the help of dyeing, you can hide some of the defects that appear on the material;
- simplicity of gluing. Almost everyone can cope with the installation of quartz wallpaper if it acts consistently and accurately.
Disadvantages of quartz wallpaper
Against the backdrop of numerous advantages, the shortcomings of quartz wallpaper seem not so significant, but still they are, and you need to know about them before choosing. So, the main disadvantages are:
- high price, which limits the range of buyers and inhibits the growth of popularity of the material;
- instability to moisture. In rooms with high humidity, this material can not be used;
- the unusual texture of the quartz wallpaper may seem unpleasant to some, but this is a purely subjective factor.
How to choose a quartz wallpaper?
When all the pluses and minuses are weighed, the time of choice comes. First of all, it is necessary to determine,which base will be preferred - paper or non-woven. Both materials are natural, and they are based on cellulose, only for the production of paper, minimum processing is required, and non-woven fabric is already chemically modified raw materials, but also cellulose-based. Hence some differences in the finished quartz wallpaper. So, if usednon-woven base, the finished material is more resistant to tearing, lightweight, elastic, easier to install, has a high ability to retain heat. If usedpaper base, then the wallpaper is more versatile and cheaper.
As for theouter layer, then all the variants presented to date have excellent operational properties. That quartz, that vermiculite, granite or mica, which are used for spraying, are natural materials that do not burn, do not emit harmful substances, can not become a place of development of bacteria and microorganisms and do not absorb smells. That's why yourThe choice is better based on the appearance of wallpaper, since the materials used give a slightly different relief.
It is also worth noting that recently the choice of quartz wallpaper has significantly expanded. If earlier it was a laconic, low-key finish, now you can find material with any pattern, pattern or emboss. Moreover, on one canvascombine quartz sand, wood shavings, mica and other components, which in the end gives interesting effects.
Quartz wallpaper is available in standard for this type of finish - in rolls.Their width varies from, 5 to 1 m, alength - from 10 to 25 m. The difference in width of the presented rolls is small, but neverthelessFor spacious rooms it is better to use the material of maximum widthto reduce the number of joints, whereas in miniature spaces it will be more convenient to work with rolls of minimum width, reducing the amount of trimming. Manufacturers of quartz wallpaper today is not so much.The best are wallpapers made in Belgium and Germany, and it is for them to choose when choosing.
For what rooms can I choose a quartz wallpaper?Given the performance characteristics of the material, we can say with confidence that it is excellent for children's rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, hallways, as well as for offices and restaurants. Due to its unique appearance, the wallpaper will perfectly fit into any type of interior: both in high-tech and modern, and in the classical style.
Pasting and painting quartz wallpaper
Nothing complicated in the installation of quartz wallpaper is not necessary, you just need to study all the nuances before you get down to business. So, to begin with, you needprepare wall surface:yes, quartz wallpaper hides the disadvantages of surfaces, but this applies only to minor defects, and potholes, deep cracks and protruding nails need to be removed. Naturally, the old finish needs to be dismantled: wallpaper can be moistened and removed with a spatula, use solvents or sandpaper for the paint. Unevenness should be puttied, and then progruntovat entire surface. Before starting the installation of quartz wallpaper, it is necessary to remove the exterior decorative parts of the sockets and switches.
On the eve of the work on gluing it is necessaryDeploy rolls with wallpaperand allow them to lie down so that they are straight and not twisted during the installation process. It will be easier to do this if in advancecut the wallpaper into pieces of the necessary length. To do this, it is important to know the height of the walls, and it is better to measure it in different places, after all, there are possible drops of 1-2 cm. The allowance is left 3-4 cm. If a pattern is applied to the wallpaper, the process of cutting is complicated, because it is necessary to correctly compare the pattern on different canvases. As a rule, the manufacturer indicates, what should be the allowance for the correct joining of the figure. In this case, you need to be prepared that the expense of wallpaper will be greater.
The walls do not interfere with the marking, to glue wallpaper was easier. From the angle measure the distance equal to the width of the roll of wallpaper, mark it, and then draw a strictly vertical line through it, from which the width of the roll is again laid, etc.
Glue for quartz wallpaperyou need to use a special one, but it's not so easy to find, so it's perfectly acceptable to apply any glue for heavy wallpaper. It is also worth remembering about the features of the material used in the wallpaper. If it is non-woven, then the glue will have to be applied to the wall, and if the paper, then the wallpaper itself, leaving them for 10 minutes to soak.
Kleit quartz wallpaper butt-end, and the joints after drying will be almost invisible due to the heavy structure of the material. The wallpaper dries for 24-48 hours, after which they are fully ready for use. You can clean them with dry brushes and wet napkins, easily and simply returning the original appearance, but here an abundant amount of moisture should be avoided.
If desiredquartz wallpaper can be painted, and use latex paints for this. They dry quickly, almost do not smell, they have excellent performance. Applying paint is easiest with a foam roller or roller with a long pile to paint the relief of the material. Nothing is difficult to paint: the paint is gradually poured into a special tray, rolled with a roller, squeezed it and carried on the wall, repeating this order of actions time after time. To achieve a dense shade, it is better to stain in two layers. Particularly complex and difficult to access places can be painted with a brush.
Quartz wallpaper is a unique material, which due to its versatility can be used in almost any room and in any interior style. Due to its strength and durability, such wallpaper will become a durable decoration of the room, and if desired, their appearance can always be changed with the help of dyeing. If you choose the right quartz wallpaper, you can enjoy all their benefits for many years.