Dishwasher(PMM) is good because, firstly, saves time and energy, and secondly, ideally washes and dries dishes due to high temperatures, and thirdly, to save water.
- During one cycle of its operation, water is consumed 4-5 times less than when washing dishes manually, energy consumption is low( in economy mode only 8 kW per wash - even the electric kettle consumes more!).
In addition, you can wash not only dishes in the dishwasher, but also combs, plastic children's toys, baseball caps, rubber slippers, tools, exhaust filters, refrigerator trays and much more.
The disadvantages of PMM are just a few inconveniences:
- The need to buy consumables( tablets, salt, rinse).
- Machine takes place in the kitchen.
- Buying a car is very expensive( the price varies from 14 to 50 tr.).
- Unfortunately, the dishwasher cannot load and unload itself and clean the plates from the leftovers( otherwise there is a risk of clogging).Sometimes it is really easier and faster to wash the dishes yourself.
- Most often, the dishwasher is started 1-2 times a day, and before that the dirty dishes accumulate in it. If the accumulation process is delayed, the camera of the machine begins to “smell sweet”.If, however, hoarding utensils in the sink, then it becomes inconvenient to use it, and the view of the dirty warehouse spoils all the comfort.
- The adhering food and soot can not be washed off without prior or subsequent manual cleaning, say, with a scraper. With other contaminants( even with the age-old bloom of fat), the dishwasher copes in one cycle.
- Unfortunately, not everything can be washed automatically. For example, iron and steel rusting utensils after PMM is rusty, wooden - breaks, and the crystal may become cloudy over time.
Our Memo will help you choose the right dishwasher for your home.
Decide on the type of PMM and installation location of
. By the type of installation, dishwashers are divided into three types:
- Recessed - the machine is completely installed in the set, the front panel is hung on the front, the control panel is located on the end of the door. This method of installing PMM is the most preferred, since it allows not to disturb the uniformity of the kitchen surfaces. If you are planning to install the headset from scratch, then choose this option.
- Stationary / partially embedded - such a machine can be built into the headset partially, that is, without a facade or put it separately where it is convenient. The color of the door stationary PMM is usually white, metallic, sometimes black. Also stationary models have one advantage - they are somewhat more convenient to use by placing the control panel on the door. Thus, in order to start an already loaded machine, it does not need to be opened, the timer shows the time of the day and the countdown of minutes until the end of the cycle. In which case should I choose a partially embedded model? If the headset is already equipped, if you plan to do a permutation in the future, or when you just do not want to bother with installing the facade and choose the car strictly according to the size of the kitchen.
- Portable( tabletop) - if the machine is nowhere to be installed anywhere, a portable mini dishwasher sized to fit a microwave can work out. It connects to the tap and is placed on the tabletop. The capacity of such a baby is 4-6 sets of dishes. For a family of three, or, say, one bachelor that is enough.
. The capacity of the dishwasher should be 2-3 times more than the required minimum. It shows what the maximum number of sets of dishes can wash one or another model in one cycle.
- 1 set of dishes includes: two plates( deep and flat), a cup with a saucer and a fork with a spoon.
Dishwashers can accommodate from 4 to 17 sets.
- Small portable dishwashers up to 50 cm high can hold only 4-6 sets of dishes.
- Narrow dishwashers 45 cm wide can hold 10-11 sets of dishes.
- Full-size models will be able to wash from 11 to 17 sets of dishes.
Since it is most convenient to run a dishwasher once a day, it turns out that it should contain all the dishes accumulated for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks of all households. For example, for a family of three, you should choose a dishwasher for at least 9 sets. It is advisable to add to this minimum stock on pots and pans.
See related material: Common sizes of dishwashers.
Pay attention to the consumption of water and electricity.
The less water a dishwasher consumes per 1 work cycle, the less you will pay not only for water but also for electricity. Most modern PMM models spend no more than 14-15 liters per cycle( 0.85 kWh / cycle).Outdated models with a water flow rate of about 20 liters per cycle are rare.
- If you want to save even more, look for models with a flow rate of 8-9 liters per cycle( 0.62 kWh / cycle).True, such economical dishwashers and are more expensive.
- Choosing a dishwasher, pay attention to water consumption as when working in economy mode, and in normal.
A standard set of 5-6 programs is enough. It is desirable that the PMM has the function of half load
Do not chase a large set of temperature and functional programs. As practice shows, the majority of users of the basic set of 5-6 modes of operation is enough:
- With pre-soaking;
- Economical mode for washing lightly soiled dishes;
- Washing mode for fragile dishes( for example, for glass goblets or expensive china).
Here are some more useful additional features:
- Half load mode - allows you to wash not only a small number of dishes, but also to wash, say, dirty vegetables for cooking dinner.
- If you like making blanks for the winter and making jam, and also if there is a small child in your family / there is a sterilization function.
- Very useful is the ability to delay the timer. It will allow, for example, to load the car from the evening, and adjust the automatic switch-on to the night when everyone is sleeping, and water and electricity are cheaper.
- For families with a child, select a model with the child protection option when the door and / or control panel of the machine is locked. This is necessary not only to ensure that the baby does not knock down the settings, but also to protect it from hot steam. By the way, not all models have such a function, be careful and clarify this important nuance.
For a small kitchen or single-pair of users, choose the narrow dishwasher.
Narrow dishwashers can be 30, 35, 40 or 45 cm wide and contain from 6 to 10 sets of dishes.
- . However, if you can embed a full-size model, you should not refuse it. The main thing is to choose a machine with the possibility of half load.
The class of washing quality is grade A - this is the norm.
Even the simplest modern dishwashers have washing class A, which means that the machine does the dishes very well. Do you want the dishes to be washed perfectly? Choose models with A + marking( the more advantages, the better and more expensive).
It is advisable to choose a machine with full protection against leakage.
The system for protection against leakage can be of two types:
- The system for full protection against leakage stops the flow of water when it detects minimal excess or damage to the hoses. If your kitchen has hardwood floors( this is typical for “Stalinok” and other old houses) or the floor is lined with wood / laminate, then you should choose the MMP with this kind of protection system.
- Low-cost machines have partial leakage protection. They are designed so that the water supply stops at the overflow of a special pallet.
A quiet dishwasher should have a noise level of up to 45 dB.
This tip is especially relevant for a kitchen in a studio apartment, a combined kitchen-living room, and also in case there are small children in the house or just someone from the household is asleep. Of course, the quieter the machine, the more expensive it is.
- The minimum noise level of the PMM is 38 dB, the maximum is 55 dB.
Turbo-drying is preferable if the priority of the speed of the
machine. Almost all modern dishwashers have a drying function - condensing or turbo-type.
- The simplest models dry dishes, one can say, in a natural way: first, washed dishes are rinsed with hot water, then simply dried, and condensate accumulates on the walls of the chamber and, finally, drains into the drain. This principle of drying is inconvenient in its duration. While the dishes are drying, the machine does not signal a finish.
- More expensive cars have a fan that blows all the wet dishes with warm air and dries them pretty quickly.
It is impossible to say unequivocally which dishwasher is better - with condensation or turbo-drying. After all, if you load the car only for the night( as most often happens), then overpaying for turbo-drying does not make much sense.
- If you plan to wash the dishes often and not only at the end of the day( for example, if you have to buy a narrow dishwasher and wash the dishes after each meal), then turbo-drying will be very useful.
It is possible to install a dishwasher independently.
As a rule, the installation is carried out either by the shopkeeper, where the storeroom was bought, the furniture store, where the kitchen was ordered or third-party experts. And rightly so, especially when it comes to building. However, if you wish, you can do it yourself, our step-by-step instruction will help you:
Rules for installing and connecting a dishwasher.
Decide which company to choose a dishwasher, you will be helped by reviews and video reviews by users of
Here is a small selection of video reviews of machines from popular manufacturers: Bosch, Ariston, Siemens and Whirlpool.
Also, see a detailed video review of dishwashers and their characteristics.
- 10 criteria for choosing a refrigerator that you need to know before buying
- Dishwasher broken - can I repair it myself?
- Using the dishwasher correctly
- Automatic washing machine selection guide
- Dishwasher basic cleaning in 7 steps
- Everything about placing the washing machine in the kitchen