The stove is the most difficult to clean appliances in the kitchen, especially if it is gas. Indeed, unlike electric, it has a grate of heavy cast iron, burners, which periodically become clogged, and handles, which very quickly get dirty with fat. Stationary gas stoves also have an oven and a drying cabinet, a back shield or a lid. From this material, you will learn how to clean the gas stove at home from the grates to the buttons, as well as how to make cheap and super-effective cleaning solutions with your own hands.
8 steps to clean the
gas stove Before proceeding with general cleaning of your gas stove, turn off the gas supply valve, disconnect it from electricity if you have an electric ignition function, wear rubber gloves and follow our step by step instructions.
What you need:
- Vinegar 9%( for cleaning the table, cabinet and handles of the plate);
- Liquid ammonia or soda( for cleaning grids and handles);
- Dishwashing liquid;
- Plastic bag( for cleaning grates with ammonia);
- Sponge with a hard side;
- Dusters or paper towels;
- Toothpicks( for cleaning crevices);
- Clip, pin or needle( for cleaning the burners).
Step 1. First, let's clean the grates - the most problematic part of the gas stove. Remove them and scrape the adhering pieces of food, fat and carbon deposits in the corners with a scraper. Next, select one of the three cleaning methods:
- Method 1. How to clean the grill of a gas stove with soda. Dissolve half a glass of soda with water to make a pasty consistency. Coat each grille with the resulting product, paying particular attention to the corners and joints, and then leave them for several hours( at this time proceed to the following cleaning steps, described below).After this treatment, it will be much easier to remove fat and carbon from the cast iron. However, you will have to tinker a bit with old mud, using the hard side of the sponge, detergent or ammonia.
- Method 2. How to clean the gas stove grate with ammonia. According to most reviews, this method is the most effective. Moisten the sponge with ammonia and just cover every inch of the grill with it. Then put it in a plastic bag, tie it up and leave for a couple of hours or more( at this time proceed to the next steps of cleaning the plate).At the end, wash the rack with dishwashing liquid and remove the exfoliated fat and carbon with a sponge.
- Method 3. How to clean the gas stove grate with soapy water. Grate about a quarter of the soap on a grater, dissolve the chips in hot water( 5-7 l) in a basin or sink and leave the grates soaked for a few hours. After that, rinse them clean with dishwashing detergent; if necessary, treat difficult places with ammonia.
gas stoves Keep in mind that washing cast iron grates in the dishwasher is not only not very efficient, but also not useful for cast iron. Indeed, after such a long stay in the water, it will certainly become rusty.
Step 2. Remove also the burner covers and soak them for some time in a basin with hot soapy water( you can put them in the same basin where the grilles are already soaked).
Step 3. Using a dry brush or paper towel, clean the slab of crumbs and any other surface contamination.
Step 4. Take a burner: remove them, wipe with a damp cloth and make sure that nothing prevents the flow of gas. If necessary, clean the holes with an unfolded clip( pin / needle) and put the burners back in place.
Step 5. Spread generously a solution of water and vinegar diluted in a 1: 1 ratio on the body of the plate using a spray bottle. Do not forget to spray vinegar on the handles( if they are not removable), the control panel, the back panel of the stove, the oven, if there is one. Let the tool work for you for a minute or so. Next, wipe the stove with a clean cloth or paper towel.
By the way, if the body of your plate is white, then you can sprinkle it with baking soda after vinegar treatment. The resulting mixture will affect the fat and soot even more effectively, however, will leave behind a white patina, which will not so easily wash off. That is why washing the stove with a mixture of vinegar and soda is not recommended for owners of silver, black and other color models.
Step 5. Soaking the slab in a solution of vinegar will help to cope with most contaminants. However, in order to clean up the old fatty bloom, you should additionally work with one of the following means:
- Dishwashing detergent;
Apply the product to a small brush( a toothbrush will work perfectly!) And start cleaning local dirt with small circular motions.
Step 6. Separately, it is necessary to stop at the stage of cleaning the knobs of a gas stove and electric ignition buttons, which are so difficult to clean because of their small size, existing cavities and cracks filled with grease.
- If the handles are removable, remove them and soak for a few hours in a solution of equal parts of vinegar and water or in a hot solution of shredded soap. If after this treatment, the old fat is still not displayed, treat the complex areas with a solution of ammonia and water( 1: 1), let the alcohol work for 5-10 minutes and wipe the handles clean.
- How to clean the handles of the gas stove, if they are not removed? The principle of operation is simple: treatment with solutions of “vinegar + water” or “sal ammoniac + water”, soaking for 10 minutes, brushing with a toothbrush in a circular motion. The gaps should be cleaned with a toothpick.
Step 7. If your gas stove has an oven, it's time to clean it. Follow our step by step instructions to do this efficiently and correctly.
Step 8. Put the clean grills, burners and their covers back in place, make sure that the alcohol has evaporated( if you used it) and check the operation of the stove.
- Caring for ceramic hob correctly and with love
- 7 ways to clean pans from soot, grease and rust
- How to clean the iron inside and out - 10 home ways
- 6 ways to clean burnt or old pans
- Clean the hood from fat - quickly, simply, effectively
- How to cleanс teapot against scale - 6 home remedies