Recently, widespread street lamps with solar batteries, which combine efficiency and attractive design. Such models are used not only as a source of artificial light, but also for decorating the landscape - yard decorations or suburban area.
We will introduce the principle of operation and design of street lighting devices, whose operation is based on the use of sunlight. In our proposed article lists the leading manufacturers, whose products are enjoying high demand. Recommendations on use, extending the working life.
The content of the article:
- The device and principle of operation
Pros and cons of devices on solar batteries
- Advantages of rechargeable lamps
- Disadvantages lighting
Types of lamps with solar batteries
- According to the manufacturing equipment material
- Division by type of batteries
- type silicon photoelectric elements for
- Device type and design
- Well-known manufacturers of solar lamps
- Care Solar Lamp
- Troubleshooting Troubleshooting solar devices
- What to look for when choosing a
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
The device and principle of operation
The design of lighting devices on solar batteries is simple and accessible. The lantern consists of a number of the read elements on each of which a specific function is assigned.
It can be independently lamp using a simple connection diagram of parts, if desired.
Principle of operation of solar lamps is based on the transformation of particles of light into electrical energy, which is used to illuminate the area
- Panel (chip). The main part - the solar module on the semiconductors, is responsible for the transformation of light into electricity.
- Built-in battery. Unit providing the accumulation and storage of electricity produced during the day.
- Glowing elements. In lamps with solar batteries commonly used LED light bulbs which consume a minimum of energy. The standard one are elements designed 0,06 W.
- Housing. The outer shell of the product, designed to accommodate the ceiling and lamps. For some models, there are additional optical components that contribute to the optimal distribution of the light rays.
- The controller (switch). The device that controls the settings and optimizes charging / discharging of the battery. Usually, controller It is also responsible for the automatic switching on and off lighting.
Mechanical part of the design is the lamp support. Depending on the model structure may be provided footrest (pillar) of different heights or fastening calculated under a vertical or other substrate.
Special devices control the process of starting the work and off the device, and are responsible for the illumination of the LED, depending on the voltage indicator
Controllers may be external (for fixtures system) and fitted.
Pros and cons of devices on solar batteries
As with any device, a solar lighting has its own advantages and disadvantages, which are better to know in advance.
Advantages of rechargeable lamps
The main advantage of such devices is their cost-effectiveness: as for the functioning of products not require electricity, gas, kerosene, or other sources of energy on lighting costs significantly reduced.
The money spent on the purchase of solar lamps, you can quickly return by saving on the regular payments for electricity
In addition, among the advantages of this lighting include:
- Environmentally friendly. The use of solar energy It reduces the consumption of non-renewable natural resources (natural gas, oil, coal). Moreover, lighting devices for solar batteries do not emit harmful substances and does not harm the Earth's atmosphere.
- Easy to install. Thanks to the work of the autonomous solar lamps do not require a connection to a wire, cable installation, connection to the network. It provides a comfortable operation of the unit, excluding emergencies, which often arise due to a broken wire.
- Mobility. Lanterns can be freely moved within the suburban area boundaries or beyond.
- full security in the work. Lamps powered by solar batteries, can be touched without fear of electric shock.
- Auto mode work. Devices do not need to be forced on and off: using the controller light ignited immediately after dark and go out when the sun appears.
- Big choice. The assortment of lighting devices is extremely large. On sale you can find a variety of models that differ in capacity, size, shape, design, color.
However, such lighting has its drawbacks.
Among the weaknesses of such structures include:
- Dependence on solar activity. Short daylight hours in the autumn or winter, and cloudy weather can put lanterns arri right amount of sunlight, which is why they charge will last only for a short time (4-5 hours).
- The complexity of repair. Batteries lamps can not be mended, because of what the defective devices often need to be replaced.
Despite the fact that some models are designed to operate in a temperature range from -50 to +50about With winter often may not work batteryCollecting and storing energy generated gelioustroystvami.
Types of lamps with solar batteries
There are several options for lighting the classification used in the organization street lighting on city streets and suburban areas.
According to the manufacturing equipment material
For the manufacture of the lamp housing, various types of durable plastic, bronze, steel, alloys, wood. Since the products are designed to work in the open air, the material is often processed by special means: metals further covered anticorrosive paint, and wood - coating protecting against rotting and cracks of.
various types of glass used for manufacturing lampshades:
- Smooth surfaces which maximize transmit light.
- Reflex glass that cast no direct sunlight. This material is ideal for street lights, because it allows "to gain" maximum light, even on cloudy days.
- Tempered glass, having high strength and resistance to mechanical stress.
Lamps made of tempered glass are more expensive, but have a greater lifespan.
Division by type of batteries
The solar lamps generally used two types of batteries used for converting sunlight into electricity:
- Nickel-cadmium batteries capacity of 600-700 mA / h. Charge lamps produced from nickel-cadmium batteries, usually lasts for 8-10 hours.
- More modern views are nickel-metal hydride batteries.
NiMH models are more expensive, but their use is economically advantageous, since such lamps have a prolonged period of service.
type silicon photoelectric elements for
the following species of silicon may be used for manufacturing the main module:
- Polycrystalline. It used in the production of the cheapest types of batteries. These products are quickly losing their potential, and from the second season will no longer operate 4-6 hours a day.
- Multicrystalline. The modules have greater strength and durability. For proper operation of their service life is several years.
- Single-crystal elements. Most reliable option with a high resistance to impact and influence the natural aggressive media. The downside of these products is the high price.
When you select a module, you must take into account the specifics of operation. For year-round use and is better to choose the multi-single-crystal elements, whereas for decorative lighting fixtures that are designed for occasional use in the summer, often enough polycrystalline.
Device type and design
Appearance of solar lamps can have a variety of shapes and configurations.
wall (Front) lights. Such models are attached to the outer walls of buildings or other vertical surfaces.
It is necessary to carefully select the placement of such devices, as for their correct operation requires an abundant flow of sunlight. Since cloudy days low battery may not be enough for the whole night, it is better to duplicate traditional solar lamps.
Facade lights not only illuminate the space, but also provide interesting architectural details - in this case furnish mezzanine
False lamps. Such devices resemble wall, but the fastening elements allow to connect them practically anywhere, for example, fences bridge baluster arbor or branches of trees.
In a similar way, you can highlight a playground or barbecue area, create a holiday decoration on the site for a party, decorate the living spruce New Year.
Mounted solar lights are often used for decorative purposes. Compositions formed from them serve different parts of bright decoration suburban area
street lights on poles. Initially, these devices were intended for lighting large urban spaces. In major towns they are used as alternatives to conventional lamps. Such elements are also widely used in the country: they not only illuminate the yard and garden, but also combine sections together.
Street lights on poles, as a rule, are used to cover basic areas suburban area: the entrance to the house, porch, gates, central track
park lamps. large size panels are used in such devices. Devices usually made of stainless steel, have a higher degree of water resistance and high capacity batteries.
Due to the increase in stocks of energy they can work for a few days. At the same time long-term gloomy weather makes it impossible to charge.
Park lights can be used to illuminate large areas. Large solar cells allows to accumulate a sufficient amount of electric energy
ground (Lawn) lamps. Such devices have a small leg, driven into the ground or a sufficiently high post-support. Models are often used to highlight paths and trails, as well as for decorative lighting lawns.
Lawn lights also have practical value: they can serve as an additional source of light for the plants, helping to extend the daylight hours
Due to the sharp leg such devices easy to set up in the right places: the support simply sticks into the ground. Due to this small lawn lamps It can be easily transferred to another place or just on time to remove (for example, if you plan on mowing the lawn).
In addition to the registration areas such devices find other uses: it is used, for example, to illuminate the billboards.
Decorative lamps in a variety of figures can serve as a finishing touch in landscape composition, adding a bed or mass bushes
decorative device. Small items, subdued light beam, may have very different shapes: figures of animals, fairy tale characters, flowers, stones. They are used to highlight the most spectacular places suburban area, e.g., the Alpine slides, decorative bridge fountain exotic trees.
Manufacturers produce special lights for decorating ponds. To manufacture such models apply waterproof plastic, particularly strong alloys
To be placed on the water (fountain). Special varieties of lighting provides lighting for ponds. Similar models have improved characteristics of water resistance and anticorrosive properties.
Well-known manufacturers of solar lamps
Devices Solar manufactures dozens of domestic and foreign manufacturers. Particularly, you can highlight the following major reputable companies.
Globo (Austria). The Austrian company engaged in the production of lamps, including devices on solar batteries. The company was founded in 1995, and in 2009 became one of the five European companies - leaders in the production of lighting fixtures. Products are exported to 20 countries, including the Russian Federation.
The creation of models for the company Globo attended by well-known designers. Thanks to this company's products are not only high technical properties, but also an attractive design
Globo has earned the reputation trendsetter in the field of lighting: in the collections of the company is constantly there are interesting new items. Company products are very popular due to the optimal ratio of cost and performance.
Novotech (Hungary). Novotech company entered the market of lighting products in the early 2000s. Among the embodiments presented as low now produced solar lamps, made of metal, plastic and economy alloys and expensive models, which are used for the production of colored and patterned glass, bronze, stainless steel, natural materials.
company's products are not only the original design, but also enhanced functionality, since the design of products focuses on operational features.
Careful study designs taking into account peculiarities of the environment ensures reliability and durability Novotech all products which, according to expert estimates, has the lowest level of marriage and the highest level protection.
Feron (China). Established in 1999, the company is now considered one of the world's leading lighting. It produces 4,000 different products, with a significant part of the range occupied by the product, working on the solar Powered.
Feron company produces an extensive range of decorative, park, facade and other fixtures on solar batteries. In their manufacture are used modern materials and high-tech line
When designing a new collection, our experts take into account the high demands of consumers for quality and design of products. All lighting fixtures produced by innovative technologies with the obligatory passage of the three-stage control.
Employees are constantly engaged in improving the design and manufacturing process, tracking fashion trends in the design of lighting fixtures, as well as the appearance on the market of new materials. Much attention is paid to logistics, which allows the company Feron maintain affordable prices on all branded line.
"Start" (Russia). Release of products of domestic brand "Start" was launched in 2005. Under this brand presents various lighting products, including batteries, extension cords, various types of lamps and luminaires.
Shoppers will find a wide variety of lamps with solar batteries, designed to illuminate the garden plots. All products are "Start" has a clever design, good quality and affordable price.
MW-Light (Germany). Dynamically developing company, which supplies lighting equipment in many countries of Western and Eastern Europe. In the Russian market products MW-LIGHT appeared to 2004, immediately gaining a lot of popularity.
The company specializes in the manufacture and distribution of a variety of lighting for interiors and landscapes, it focuses on the production of devices running on solar batteries.
The catalog is dominated by products made in a classic style. All of them are well thought-out design, reliability, durability and functionality.
Care Solar Lamp
To devices powered by solar batteries regularly served for a long time, some rules must be followed:
- For admission to the battery maximum amount of light should be regularly cleaned with an outer surface with a soft cloth slightly moistened with water.
- In the constructions of small decorative fixtures, usually not too strong it is used batteries that are disabled at low temperatures. These products clean better in the winter in a dark room (attic, closet).
- Model street lights usually are not afraid of frost and cold-resistant: their batteries are designed to work year-round. However, if the owners do not intend to use the device during the winter season, it is best to place them in a storeroom. In this case, lamps need a good shelter to avoid the automatic charging.
- When the luminaire can try to remove the battery from the body, and after a full discharge to put a block on the storage in a cool, dry room.
During wet weather also recommended to wipe the lights with a dry cloth or rag.
Troubleshooting Troubleshooting solar devices
The most common defect is a communication failure between the battery and the supply container, which can be caused by oxidation of the particles on the mounting portion. For repair is often enough to make out the lamp, clean the battery poles and contacts on the supply container.
The cause of the problem can also be a wire break. To detect the problem, in a darkened room to check the soldering. In identifying its breakage can be soldered by using cold welding. If the repairs have not yielded adequate results, the luminaire will have to be discarded.
What to look for when choosing a
When choosing street lamps powered by solar batteries, it is important to take note of a number of characteristics.
Quantity and power light-emitting diodes (LED). Of this feature depends on the intensity of illumination. Flashlights may have one or more lighting elements, the standard capacity of which is equal to 0.06 watts. The devices differ from one lamp soft diffused light, with a few - provide smooth bright lighting.
Battery capacity. The greater the level of converted solar energy stored in the battery, the longer the term of its validity. To operate throughout the night is recommended to select devices to the battery, rated at not less than 3V.
The higher the column of the device on which the solar lamp, the greater the area of the suburban area, he will be able to illuminate
High quality controllers. Correct work lamps with solar batteries is largely dependent on the instrument controllers that govern the batteries. High technical characteristics of such devices are a guarantee of durability.
Ability to work in difficult conditions. It is important to check the degree of protection of the luminaire, designed for outdoor work. This information provides the IP marking. To work in the street, this figure should exceed 44, and on the water - 67.
Packaging. The devices must be well packed, wherein the outer shell should be applied to the basic characteristics of the device.
Design. Desirably, the elements match in style to check the yard area and / or suburban area. It is hardly necessary to place decorative lamps in the form of a Japanese garden gnomes.
It will look better devices in the form of stones or abstract figures. For areas with rustic suited figures in the form of a stork, crows, foxes and other animals.
With the principle of action and the basics of selecting a light barrier for street lighting systems introduces next article, To read that we strongly recommend.
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
In the present video, gives details about the device solar lamps and various lighting options, the work is carried out on solar batteries.
Lamps powered by solar panels, successfully combine decorative and functional. Correctly selected devices will be long and reliably, decorating section of the bright lights of joy.
Please write comments in block form located below. Tell us about how settled in plot set on it lights. Share useful information, ask questions, post pictures of the article.