Karatop is an early potato variety bred in Germany several years ago. Many gardeners consider it truly unique. This variety gives a rich harvest, the taste of which is top notch.
- specifications and description of the variety
- Cultivation and care
- How to select potatoes for planting
- How to germinate seed
- Stepping varieties planting process Karatop
- to care requirements
- Potatoes storage
- Diseases and pests
- Tastes and Usage of
Characteristics and Description of the Variety
- The tubers are round-oval with a smooth, yellowish-skinned. The average weight is 80 g, the maximum is 130 g. The eyes are small.
- Flesh grainy, light yellow .Starch content - 12%.
- Shrub Karatop variety of medium height with leaves of small size. The corollas are white in color. From one bush can collect 23 tubers.
- The variety is not drought tolerant .With a lack of moisture, the quantity and quality of the crop is greatly reduced.
- Karatop tolerates long-term storage well. Its accuracy according to the description is not less than 97%.
The variety is considered early ripening. The potato growing season is not more than 65 days. .You can start harvesting on the 50th day.
Growing and care
How to choose potatoes for planting
It is enough for gardeners to adhere to the following selection criteria for planting material:
- Choose tubers that have with many small eyes .This planting material is able to give more shoots.
- It is important to ensure that the tubers are not affected by infectious and fungal diseases.
- Tubers should be of medium size( weight from 60 to 80 g).
How to germinate
- seed At the bottom of a shallow box wet soil is poured in a layer of 2-3 cm. Its temperature should be at least 15 degrees.
- . Selected potatoes for sprouting should be , with eyes folded up, and on top of it should be covered with a layer of earth at the same height. This process is repeated until the box is completely full. However, it is important that there are no more than three layers of potatoes.
- The box must be shined on light .The optimum temperature with this germination is 16 degrees. The average term of germination is 12-14 days.
- Sprouted potatoes are sorted into a separate container, and the rest is brought to the desired condition.