- №1. Features of the installation of lining
- №2. Types of fastener for lining
- No. 3. Clamping of lining
- №4. Fixing the lining with nails
- №5. Fastening of vagonki with the help of a stapler
- №6. Through fastening of battens by self-tapping screws
- №7. Tips for fastening lining
Wood paneling is beautiful and environmentally friendly. Similarly, ceilings and walls in baths, saunas, country houses and urban apartments. The material has many advantages, and one of the most significant is the ease of installation, if, of course, quality materials, so you should find in advance the responsible supplier of fasteners for the lining and, of course, the most lining. Today, for fixing the material use kleymery, nails and even staples. What kind of fasteners for lining will be most appropriate in each case?
№1. Features of the installation of lining
The lining is recommended to be fastened topre-installed frame. If the walls or the ceiling have a perfectly flat surface, the lining can be installed without the construction of a frame, but the lath still helps to extend the term service of the base surface and allows to create in the space between the lining and the main surface an additional layer for laying the heat-insulating material.
The cladding is fixed in steps of 50-60 cm, it is necessary to use the level to achieve a perfectly flat surface and to compensate for the unevenness of the base ceiling or wall. The frame can be made ofmetal profile or timber.When it comes to wooden lining, the choice is better to stop on the bar. It's all about the ability of wood to absorb and release moisture, changing in volume. The lining and the beam will react in a similar way, but the metal in the volume does not change, and with a rigid fixation of the profile to the surface, the lining can lead. Of course, such a risk persists even when using a wooden frame, but still to a lesser extent.
Between the bars of the battens it is possible to lay heat-insulating material, which is actual not only for residential buildings, but also for baths and saunas in particular.
You can mount the lining in one of the following ways:
- horizontally. This is probably one of the most popular options for installing lining. Some types of material (quarter and quarter panel) can only be mounted in this way. If it is a question of arrangement of a steam room, then it is necessary to have the lamellas spiked upwards. Only in this way condensate and water will freely roll down the wall. In this case, the installation of the lining is started from the ceiling;
- vertically. This laying allows you to visually raise the ceiling in the room, often used in baths. Installation of lamellas starts from any angle, the first element is set with a groove outward. When fixing the lining to the ceiling, it is recommended to work from the direction of the light to avoid the appearance of shadows between the boards;
- diagonally. This is a decorative version of the installation, which is often used in the design of walls and ceilings in living rooms;
- combined and patterned layinginvolves the installation of lamellae lining in different directions, so you can get the original picture. Unlike all the others, this type of installation requires proper skill and preparation, so it is not suitable for beginners.
The direction of the bars of the crate will be perpendicular to the direction of the lining, this goes without saying.
№2. Types of fastener for lining
Traditionalways ofcarry outseveral lining fasteners:
- with the help of kleimers. This is the most gentle way, it allows you to maintain the integrity of the lining;
- with the help of nails, which are slaughtered in a groove or tongue. This technology requires the operator to be more careful, since there is a risk of damaging the lining;
- through fastening of self-tapping screws;
- fastening with a construction stapler.
Regardless of what type of fastening is chosen, the first and last boards are recommended to be mounted using nails with small hats - they can easily be drowned in the body of the lining. Attach the lining first to the middle bar, then to the two last ones, carefully checking the verticality or the horizontal. Then there is fixing to the intermediate bars.
No. 3. Clamping of lining
Kleymers allow you to install the lining, completely retaining its integrity. They aremetal plates with tongue and holes. The tongue is designed to hold the lining, and thanks to the holes, the clamp is attached to the frame. Such simple, but at the same time, brilliant, fastening elements allow you to perform a hidden fixation of the lining - there will be no visible fixings from the outside. Wood is protected from cracks, which can appear when driving nails into it, and the entire installation process is quite simple.
The main difference of all kleimers represented on the market istongue height. The choice of this parameter depends on what type of lining will be mounted: for the lining, the required staples with a tongue height of 4 mm, for lining the block house - 6 mm. As for the material, the kleimers are mainly made of galvanized iron and steel.ConsumptionThis fastener depends on many factors, but on average 1 m 2 of lining leaves about 20 kleimers.
The sequence of works is as follows:
- on the spine of the lining is installed a kleymer;
- The board is mounted in its place, the fixation occurs due to nails or screws that pass through the holes on the kleimeter and enter the crate. Such holes, as a rule, have three elements on the element, but only two of them are allowed to be used;
- The tongue of the kleymer is thin enough to insert the next panel of the lining in the groove of the previous one with the already installed clamper. The process is repeated again and again. Let's remind, the first and last boards are better for nailing.
Install the boards must be tightly to each other, leaving no visible gaps. The last board, most likely, it is necessary to cut, that it has entered on width. In baths and saunas, it is recommended to retreat from the ceiling and the floor for 2-3 cm, so that the wood can safely expand.
The Kleimers provide a detachable attachment, so if necessary, the lining can be easily dismantled and the cover assembled in a new location.
№4. Fixing the lining with nails
With the help of nails fasten the lining easier and faster, because there is no need to use any intermediate fastenings, but there is a risk of splitting the board, so it's worth to be ready for some the amount of marriage. For fastening, nails with a length of 5-6 cm are used, they are driven in increments of 25-30 cm, so that a lot of fastening material is needed.
Usually nailsdrive into the groove at an angle of 45 degrees. To reduce the likelihood of damage to the lining, the nail with a hammer gently nasazhivaetsya in the right place, and then clogged with a dumb drill. Alternatively, drill holes in advance. The nail hose must be properly drowned into the tree during installation, so that the next element of the lining can be inserted into the groove unhindered.
It is allowed to drive the nail at a right angle into the tongue.
№5. Fastening of vagonki with the help of a stapler
This is a variation on the theme of the previous method: instead of carnations and boars, a construction stapler is used here, which has enough power to drive the bracket into the lining. This device greatly facilitates the work, but requires some skill, so to begin with, it is better to practice. If everything is done correctly, the clamp will fit tightly into the wood, without interfering with the installation of the next element of the lining. The stapler can also be used for fastening with the help of kleimers.
№6. Through fastening of battens by self-tapping screws
End-to-end fastening is usually used for mounting the last boards of the lining. In this way, the lining is also fastened in steam rooms and saunas. In this case, the fastening element does not enter the spike, but passes through the entire bale. This is a fairly reliable and durable way of installation, but if it's about using it in a bath, then It is necessary to cover the wood with a protective compound and do not forget to update it every three month.
In the boards, holes are made beforehand, and then with the help of a screwdriver screw in the fastening elements, which must enter as deep as possible. To cover the resulting hole, wooden pins are used, however, in time, all attachment points can become noticeable, no matter how carefully and regularly the protective agents are applied.
This method has onean interesting variation. Some experts hammer nails in the crate, but not at full length, so that in the future they could plant a lining. The length of the protruding elements should be less than the thickness of the lining. Hats nails bite off, and the panels of the lining are neatly packed on the protruding nails with the help of a kayak. The result is an aesthetic surface.
№7. Tips for fastening lining
For years of work with the lining experts have accumulated a decent experience and are ready to share tips:
- it is better to carry the fastening of the lining to the lathing, even if the main surface does not have serious differences and irregularities;
- The walls of the house must be treated with an antiseptic before the erection of the battens, as are the carcass blocks and the lining itself;
- before assembling the lining, it is better to hold it for 24 hours in the room where it will be installed;
- if in the future the lining will be painted, then do not forget to treat the surface with a primer;
- with horizontal installation, the lining is installed from the bottom up, but in this case the topmost The clipped board can spoil the appearance of the finish, so today, more and more often, top element. If the last lower board will need a trimming, then it will be covered with a floor skirting board.
The process of fixing the lining can not be called too difficult, but nevertheless the accuracy, attentiveness and certain skills it demands, therefore if in the forces there is no full confidence, it is better to call at once to the help of professionals and not to spoil material.