Even though a huge range of fabrics for curtains, my choice - white tulle. That's just have these curtains disadvantage - over time they become gray or yellowish tint. And to your curtains, this did not happen, I will discuss how to bleach tulle at home.
Proven whitening recipes
Whiten tulle at home is possible by means of the purchase of household chemicals and proven popular recipes. Both versions I experienced - they are quite effective.
1 recipe: household chemicals
The modern way Bleaching tulle involves the use of stain removers and bleaches. They will help to whiten the old curtains, and cope with the task with enthusiasm, but there are drawbacks:
- Smell. Not the most pleasant smell of bleach is not a long time eroding with the product.
- The negative impact on the material. If you decide to make a snow-white tulle using the "Whites", you know, it corrodes the fabric fibers, why she quickly becomes unusable. As a result, increases the risk that a couple washings you will have to replace the product with a new one.
So, how to whiten lace curtains at home using household chemicals? The principle is simple:
- A small amount of powder or liquid (Indicate the exact dosage instructions on the package) is diluted with water.
- The product is soaked in the resulting solution for several hours.
- Cloth thoroughly rinsed clean water.
Choosing than bleach tulle, carefully study the composition of the tissue. Some tools are not suitable for nylon materials or other types of tissue.
5 popular recipes
If the use of household chemicals not included in your plans, you can resort to proven recipes enjoyed by even our grandmothers. I will share with you the most effective recipes.
Recipe 1. Salt and powder
tulle washing powder with salt and instantly return to her snow-white appearance. For this:
Recipe 2. Hydrogen peroxide and ammonia
The mixture of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide readily eliminates the yellow coating. Connect the peroxide with an alcohol in a ratio of 2 to 1 and dilute the resulting liquid 5 liters of water. Soak tulle for half an hour, then double it carefully rinse and dry without wringing.
Recipe 3. Zelenka
Another way in which the price is minimal. Brilliant green can be used to enhance the bleaching effect of the salt.
To save tulle from dullness should:
Treated curtain remove, gently squeeze and hang to dry.
Recipe 4. Potassium permanganate and soap
Features bleaching of different types of curtains
Depending on the type of material, tulle whitening methods can vary:
- nylon curtains. Cranky enough material requiring gentle handling. Since bleach nylon tulle at home? Use my previously mentioned methods using brilliant green, potassium permanganate or saline.
And to nylon tulle kept the original shape and beautiful cascading drop-down, it is necessary to further process the starch.
- Curtain organza. They are even more picky - they can not twist or to rinse in hot water. But the gray dust particles to organza attracted like a magnet. Wash such curtains in the washing machine or by hand can only cool water (40 ° C).
For their bleaching solution may be used ammonia and hydrogen peroxide.
- old curtains. They can apply one or more of the "reanimated" Action: digestion, bleaching using ammonia and peroxide bleaching by means of salt or rinse Starch solution.
Here are some simple recommendations will help keep your curtains original appearance, more ideas, see the video in this article.
I have listed tips on whitening tulle at home over the years have proven to be effective. So you can easily put them into practice, and return to their snow-white curtains look. If you still have questions - ask them in the comments, but first watch the video in this article.