Dismantling of the air conditioner (split system) with your own hands: a guide to action for the home master
For the dismantling of the most popular variety of air conditioners - split systems - specialists charge a fee of 1 p. for each kilowatt of power. Many owners of cooling devices, which have to move, in order to save their own blood, are taken to dismantle the air conditioning with their own hands. Make the work clean, avoiding fatal mistakes, will help a number of useful recommendations.
- 1Possible problems with self-removal
- 2Preparation of air conditioning: "pack" freon
3Instructions for dismantling the air conditioner with your own hands
- 3.1Outdoor unit
- 3.2Disconnecting the compressor
- 3.3How to remove the indoor unit
- 4Features of work in the winter
- 5Video: we dismantle the air conditioner with the subsequent installation in a new place
Possible problems with self-removal
The story of how to dismantle the air conditioning with your own hands, you should start with a warning about the pitfalls waiting for the unprepared master. Here's what can happen:
- Refrigerant leakage: Freon, which escaped into the atmosphere, is not the cause of the ecological catastrophe, this need not be feared. But the gift of such an event will not pass: when installing the air conditioner in a new place will have to pay for its refueling. Therefore it is highly desirable to disassemble the device so that all available refrigerant remains inside it.
- Water or dust entering the internal circuit: this "additive" to the coolant quickly causes the compressor to become unusable. Perhaps, at first glance, water may seem a completely harmless substance, but you need to consider that in the evaporator it will freeze, turning into ice. And this is already solid particles, the presence of which is "not compatible with the life" of the compressor. To minimize the risk of moisture entering the inner loop to a minimum, avoid disassembling the air conditioner during rain or snow.
- Fall of the outdoor unit: even if the external unit is hanging next to the balcony or window, it is extremely inconvenient to work with it. At the same time, this node is quite heavy, so that, without calculating your strength, it can easily be dropped. Professionals from such accidents are insured, as when working above the ground floor they use an aerial platform or equipment for industrial mountaineering. For the commoner, for reliability, an assistant should be invited.
- Damage to the components of the device: the most noticeable are the damages that cause the circuit to depressurize. The crack can be completely invisible, but it is quite sufficient to leak freon or get inside dirt and water. To avoid such trouble, first of all you should be careful.
When performing such a complex operation by yourself as disconnecting the evaporator of the indoor unit, it is highly desirable Do not use improvised tools - a screwdriver and pliers, but professional ones, designed specifically for her.
Users at this stage often operate, than it is necessary, as a result of which the evaporator tubes located close to the fastenings are damaged. The problem is that a professional tool is quite expensive and even its rent can cost an amount commensurate with the cost of the services of a qualified master.
Preparation of air conditioning: "pack" freon
So, first of all, it is necessary to ensure the safety of the refrigerant. To understand how this is done, we need to recall the device split system. It is a closed loop filled with freon, which consists of a compressor, two conditionally speaking, chambers (the evaporator and the condenser) and connecting these elements freonoprovodov (copper tube).
From the condenser to the evaporator, the coolant comes in liquid form, so the tube through which it flows has a smaller diameter.
On the second freon pipeline - from the evaporator to the compressor - freon should be already in the gaseous state, so the diameter of this branch is increased.
To dismantle without losing gas, it is necessary to assemble it in a condenser:
- during operation of the air conditioner for cooling, the valve between the condenser and the thin tube is closed;
- when all the refrigerant due to the operation of the compressor "moves" to the condenser, you will need to close the valve also between the thick tube and the compressor.
Important point: after what time should the second valve be closed? It is best to monitor the gas pressure on the vacuum gauge. But for this you will have to borrow from the masters a special tool - a manometric collector.
Those who do not have such an opportunity, just wait about a minute: as experience shows, during this time, the domestic air conditioner usually manages to pump almost all freon into the condenser.
We pass from theory to practice:
- If you manage to get a manometer collector, attach it to the nipple (valve shredder) on the connection to which the "gas" freon pipeline is connected. In the absence of such an instrument, this item is simply skipped.
- Turn on the air conditioner and enter from the control panel: cooling operation, turbo mode, temperature - as low as possible (the minimum allowed is to be specified in the passport). So the device should run 10 minutes.
- On the external block, find the valve, to which the liquid refrigerant pipe is connected (we remind that it is thin). Under the protective cap, which must be removed, there are slots under the hexagon. After inserting the key, the valve must be closed.
- Now it is necessary to observe the manometer or, if it is not, after hours. In the first case, we expect the instrument to show the presence of a vacuum; in the second - we mark 1 minute.
- Next, you need to remove the protective cap from the second valve on the outdoor unit to which the thick "gas" line is connected, and also close it with a hexagon. Air conditioner after that immediately turn off. Protective caps return to their seats.
Everything, now freon in the trap and the system can be safely dismantled and dismantled.
Instructions for dismantling the air conditioner with your own hands
We pass directly to uninstall.
We disconnect freonoprovody. This can be done by unscrewing the nuts with which the lines are screwed to the fittings of the outdoor unit. This method is resorted to if the length of the tubes allows them to be used in a new location. Open fittings need to be sealed securely with tape or tape - this will prevent their clogging.
But in most cases freonoprovody not reused, especially since their build-up is not allowed. Then the pipes are simply cut with a pipe cutter at a distance of 150-200 mm from the nozzles, immediately zachekanivaya their ends with locksmith's grip.
Council. If it is known that the air conditioner will be stored in disassembled form long enough, the tubes can be filled with nitrogen and tightly clogged. In contrast to air, more precisely, oxygen contained in it, nitrogen does not lead to oxidation of the material.
After all manipulations from the outer part of the freon pipes, it is necessary to remove the thermal insulation.
After making sure that the device is disconnected from the network, remove the protective cover over the place of connection of the electric cable. Its terminals must be marked in some way to avoid confusion when connecting to a new location. After this, it is necessary to unscrew clamps, by means of which the veins are screwed to the contacts of the outdoor unit. The released end of the cable is screwed to the freon pipes, which are then manually straightened to be able to pull them through the hole in the wall.
Now unscrew the nuts holding the outdoor unit on the brackets, and together with the assistant remove it, and then the brackets themselves.
Note! During storage and transportation, the outdoor unit must be in an upright position. When transporting it is very important to avoid shaking and bumping - for this purpose it is better to place the unit in a box with the foam plastic pre-packed into it.
Disconnecting the compressor
If the air conditioning unit is dismantled to repair the compressor, the latter must be properly disconnected. This is done like this:
- The covers are removed from the outdoor unit.
- After this, it will be possible to disconnect the suction and discharge pipes from the compressor.
- We disconnect the wires feeding the compressor and the fan.
- We unscrew the fasteners, the holding valves and the condenser.
- We remove the condenser, gaining access to the compressor mounts.
- We remove the compressor.
By acting in this way, you eliminate the risk of damage to the piping piping. Another plus: it is possible to repair several elements of the outdoor unit at the same time, which will help to cope with the task faster.
That with the compressor it was possible to work, it is necessary to pour out oil in it.
In the case of the piston model, it merges without problems through the suction pipe. In spiral and rotary models, it is necessary to drill the bottom (the diameter of the hole is 5-6 mm). Through it is impossible to drill, otherwise shavings will get inside. Leave a thin partition, which is then pierced by a punch.
How to remove the indoor unit
To access the indoor unit locks, you must remove the front panel from it. Then disconnect freon wires, electric wires, snap off the latches and remove the block from the guides.
Note! At this stage the man in the street faces some difficulties: with careless actions, it is easy to damage the latches of the evaporator..
This element is usually closed by the manufacturer with a lid, the latches of which are pressed against the wall. Hardly accessible they were made specially: this precaution, according to the developers, is a guarantee that the dismantling of the device will be handled only by specialists. To get close to the latches, use two thin screwdrivers. It is necessary that someone hold the block..
Care should also be taken when snapping the latches that hold the block on the guides. If damaged, the device can not be fixed firmly in a new location and it will quickly fail due to vibrations.
After removing the inner block, unscrew the mounting plate, remove the freon pipes from the wall with the supply cable and unscrew the decorative box laid along the outer wall.
Features of work in the winter
At low temperatures, it is not possible to pump freon into the condenser: the oil in the compressor becomes thick and trying to turn on the air conditioner in such conditions will lead to a breakdown of the supercharger. Such a danger does not threaten only models equipped with a so-called winter kit, in which there is a heating of the compressor crankcase and drainage, as well as a retarder for the speed of rotation of the fan.
Those who do not have such a system can remove the refrigerant using a manometer station to collect freon. It connects, like the manometer manifold, to the shredder valve.
Video: we dismantle the air conditioner with the subsequent installation in a new place
The procedure for dismantling the air conditioner is technically simple enough. The difficulty, from the point of view of the average user, is that some operations are difficult to perform without a professional tool. If you still decided not to turn to specialists, we recommend that you invite one more person to help - then even without special tools the task will be quite feasible..