Content of the article:
Impatiens, everglobe, light, flower Vanya, a wyyyy landour apartments. The homeland of this pretty flower is tropical Asia and Africa. It is one of the most unpretentious and easy to grow at home plants.
The light rooted easily, quickly grows and looks very impressive during flowering: its compact bushes, studded with bright flowers, can become an ornament to any room. Vanka wet flower also has another name - balsam. With good care, it can bloom almost all year round, and to provide him with favorable conditions is not a big deal.
Even a beginner grower can easily cope with growing this plant. It is a perennial, but because of its rapid growth, the shoots are usually drawn out, the bush becomes sprawling and soon loses its compact form. Therefore, lovers of balsam often in the spring spend cuttings of old plants, growing new bushes.
Balsam blooms better if it is planted in a slightly cramped pot or container. A plant in a pot that is too large will not be lush.
Description of the plant and its varieties
The genus balsam includes about four hundred plant species. In indoor floriculture, mainly grown:
- balsam of holst;
- sultan balsam;
- Waller's Balsam;
- New Guinea hybrids.
Vanka wet flowers are distinguished by a huge variety of shades: from white and soft pink to red and maroon. Increasingly, plants with two-color petals. In recent years, breeders have bred varieties with flowers that are much larger than the usual indoor balsams. At the same time, the bushes of such plants are still compact.
Given the popularity of balsam for growing in indoor conditions, breeders continue to work on creating new varieties. Recently appeared hybrids affect not only the size of the flowers, but also their color and shape. Varieties with double flowers, which look great in gardening of rooms and balconies, have become quite common.
Balsam bushes, densely covered with bright flowers, very decorative. However, the breeders of this seemed not enough, and there were varieties with beautiful variegated leaves. Such plants look very attractive even at the time when flower buds had not yet managed to blossom. This can be seen in the photo Vanka wet with variegated leaves.
Variegated varieties need to create the same conditions as usual. They require the same care, with only one difference: in winter, their content should be higher than for plants with solid green leaves.
Balsam care at home
In order for the plant to thank you with its lush and bright blooms at the onset of summer, it is important to know how to properly care for this flower. Roly wet - unpretentious plant, for its growth and flowering conditions are needed that are not difficult to create at home:
- Temperature: The optimum temperature for a balsam is about 18 degrees. In winter, you need to make sure that it does not fall below 13 degrees. In summer, the temperature should not rise above 22 degrees. Too hot and dry conditions can cause leaves to twist and fall.
- Lighting: good but diffused. From bright sunlight, the plant should be pritenyat. Do not put a pot or container with balsamine on the window sill of the south window. The plant can tolerate some shading, but in this case it will not bloom.
- Watering: In the summer you need to water the plant at least 2-3 times a week. In winter, when the temperature drops, watering should be reduced. Usually in the cold season, this flower is watered once in 7-10 days. Balsam does not tolerate excessive moisture, especially in combination with low temperatures. This can lead to plant disease and even death. Before the next watering, let the soil dry well.
- Soil: balsam requires a loose nutrient mix. The ideal would be a combination of greenhouse and hardwood with the addition of a small amount of sand.
- Top dressing: in summer, during the period of active growth - once every 1-2 weeks. Top dressing is produced by fertilizers for indoor plants, diluted in water. Organic and mineral fertilizers are recommended to alternate.
- Humidity: If the summer temperature reaches 22 degrees, the balsam pot must be placed in a wet pebble pan. However, the plant should not be sprayed. This can lead to fungal diseases and spots on the flowers.
- Transplants: after the first year of growth, it is necessary to transplant balsam every year into a fresh soil mixture. Since the plant due to the rapid growth is very drawn out, it is better to grow a new balsam from cuttings every spring.
- Leaves Care: Clean the plant dust with a soft brush. In summer you can wash the leaves under the shower, then shake off water drops from them. Do not use polish for care, as this may cause leaf damage.
If you provide proper care at home, Vanka wet flower will thank you for its lush and long flowering.
For fertilizing balsam, use fertilizer at a concentration two times lower than that recommended by the manufacturer.
Vanka flower reproduces wet in spring and summer. Two ways are suitable for its reproduction: by seeds and grafting. You can buy ready-made seeds or get them yourself from your home plant, but for this you need to take care of its pollination. Seeds sprout in two weeks.
Approximately the same time is required for rooting cuttings. As you can see in the photo, a wet-potted room flower can easily take root in water. In the water for rooting cuttings should be put 3-4 pieces of charcoal. Side cuttings of a plant about 8 cm long will be suitable for cuttings.
After the cuttings have taken root, they should be transplanted into small pots. For the first time, transplanted cuttings should be covered with plastic wrap to ensure a high level of humidity.
This plant does not like a sharp temperature drop. However, in winter the temperature for balsam is desirable to reduce to 14-16 degrees, providing the plant a period of rest.
Unpretentious balsam - Roly-wet is also used in decorative and garden floriculture. At the same time, plants of habitual indoor varieties are often used for landscaping plots and landscaping, planting them in containers or open ground.
Along with a potted plant, Roly-go is wet in landscape design also uses a one-year form, which is called “garden balsam”.This plant has spread from East India, where it is found in the wild. It has a magnificent upright shrub with succulent fleshy shoots and green toothed leaves.
Plant blooms long and abundantly. Flowers Vanka wet can be simple or terry. They differ in a wide palette of various shades. This heat-loving plant requires a well-lit place. Propagated garden balsam seeds.
Often signs and superstitions are associated with potholes. They say that it has a positive effect on creative people, helps to create an atmosphere of harmony and harmony in the house. If peace and respect reign in the family, this flower will bloom magnificently and continuously. Misunderstandings and disagreements between family members, by contrast, can affect the plant negatively.
Vanka got its name because of this peculiarity: drops of juice often appear on its succulent green stems. Probably for the same reason, a superstition arose that due to the flower family members may have a tendency to drink.
It is not clear how these facts are related. And, of course, this is everyone’s business, to believe in such signs or to ignore them. But in favorable conditions and sincere homely atmosphere, the balsam will bloom and grow beautiful day by day, delighting the household with bright lights of its flowers.