1 How to clean iron at home
- 1.1 6, popular recipes
- 1.2 Pencil iron
- 2 How to prevent fouling
- 3 Summary
One day after a failed ironing favorite dress, I was faced with the unpleasant consequences - on the soleplate formed a deposit. But the good I know some ways on how to clean the iron, so that to restore the surface turned out quite quickly. Now I want to share with you a proven personal experience means to help restore sole previous appearance.
How to clean iron at home
Cleaning soot from the iron at home - is simple enough. The main thing is to pick a tool that is suitable for the material of construction of the soleplate. There is in this case are nuances:
- For devices with a ceramic coating. To avoid damaging the surface, you can use special cleaning pen or crayon.
- For metal surfaces. It is best to resort to the aid of soda or toothpaste.
- for Teflon. Care iron with teflon or ceramic sole can be carried out by means of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide or soap.
Now let's take a closer look, these cleaning methods.
6, popular recipes
To clean the iron from scale, it is not necessary to resort to expensive substances, it is possible to manage the budget components:
Method 1. Vinegar
Think, how to clean the soleplate with a Teflon-coated? Use ordinary vinegar:
In the process of cleaning the heated vinegar will emit an unpleasant odor. To work without too much discomfort, wear a gauze bandage and open a window in the room.
Method 2. Lemon juice and ammonia
Just adding a few drops of ammonia to the lemon juice, you get an effective tool that will not only relieve the sole of a deposit, but also remove the remains stuck to the surface of the fabric.
In addition, alcohol also cleans the surface and prevent the formation of mold on it.
Method 3. Soap
This option is perfect if you are looking for something to clean the iron with Teflon coating from the fresh varnish.
Just rub the soles of soap cubes, and then remove any excess varnish with a damp cloth.
Method 4. Nail polish remover
Use it is very simple. Soak a cotton pad in the liquid and wipe them contaminated sites.
Then you will only treat the surface with a clean damp cloth.
Method 5. Hydrogen peroxide
To clean the surface of the iron you need not itself liquid and tablet gidroperita whose composition includes hydrogen peroxide.
Rub them working plane (pound tablet is not necessary), and then go over it with a damp sponge.
Method 6. Toothpaste
Shoe sole plate extends toothpaste according to the following scheme:
To scratches on iron were not the result of such brushing, use of abrasive toothpaste without additives.
Clean iron can and using a special pen (the price - about 75 rubles), which is sold in stores with household cleaning products. Use it is very simple.
- Turn on the device and wait for it to heat.
- Begin to carry out a pencil on the sole, so that he began to melt. Strongly pencil not press, otherwise it will break, and the small pieces fall into the holes on the device surface.
- Remnants of dirt, remove unnecessary cotton cloth.
Such an option is good in the question, how to clean teflon iron or how to recover the metal or ceramic surface of the device.
How to prevent fouling
To the problem of fouling is not more concerned, I recommend to stick to simple but important tips:
- Observe the temperature regime. should select different temperature settings for different types of tissue. For example, for the silk 110 degrees would be enough for cotton products - 200 degrees, for wool - no more than 140 degrees.
- Use a damp cheesecloth. Some products (especially wool) are best ironed through damp gauze cloth.
- treat iron. After each use, wipe sole with a soft cloth.
I told you about the most effective ways to iron deposit cleaning by hand. Select recipe based on the type of sole material, and return the original appearance of the device.
Want to learn more tips - be sure to watch the video in this article. But in comments to the material you can share your experience clean iron or ask your question.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!