content of the article:
Amaranth - is an annual herb that belongs to the family of amaranth. It has a wide range of properties that are beneficial to human health. Therefore, it is used in medicine, cosmetologists and cookery. Moreover, all parts of the plant are used: grass, roots, seeds. The main thing to remember is that amaranth has useful properties, and its application should be carried out according to the rules.
Composition and useful properties of the plant
The healing properties of the amaranth plant have long been known. Scientists have discovered the presence of substances indispensable for human health. Among the main positive qualities, there are:
- Vitamin C, E, P, group B is present in the amaranth composition. Due to this, it has a powerful immunomodulatory effect. He easily eliminates the cause of beriberi.
- The plant contains a large list of micro and macro elements: iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium, calcium and others. It helps to fight diseases of the cardiovascular, urogenital system, problems of the liver, skin, gastrointestinal tract.
- The beneficial properties of amaranth are high protein content. For the human body, it is several times more useful than milk.
- The use of such a plant allows you to deal with depressive conditions, as well as diseases of the nervous system.
- Shiritsa is often recommended for people suffering from cancer. It helps relieve symptoms and reduce the negative effects of radiation therapy.
- The plant contains a unique substance - squalene. It contributes to the filling of cells and body tissues with oxygen, stimulates the increase in the efficiency of all internal organs, reduces the concentration of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and also has a pronounced antimicrobial effect.
The healing properties of shiriza are widely used in traditional medicine. It can be used not only adults but also children.
It is believed that amaranth has the ability to cleanse the body of heavy metals and toxins. But official science did not conduct experiments on this topic, so there is no confirmation of such a fact.
Amaranth oil brings special health benefits. It contains about 8% fatty oils. It is rich in vitamin E, which is famous for its antioxidant properties.
Oil becomes a strong immune system stimulant. It is used to treat diseases of the liver, urogenital system, respiratory system. Good effect gives and external use of such funds. It effectively fights skin problems.
Amaranth oil is not cheap. Some prefer to cook it yourself at home. This will require about 1 kg of plant seeds. They are lightly dried in a pan and passed through a coffee grinder. The resulting powder is poured 1.5 liters of extra virgin olive oil. Capacity tightly sealed and stored for three weeks. Every day the contents of the bottle must be shaken. It remains only to filter the oil, and it becomes ready for use.
In order for amaranth oil to benefit and not cause harm, remember how to take it correctly. For prevention, it is enough to use one teaspoon half an hour before meals every day. You do not need to wash it down. One course will require about 150 ml of funds. Repeat preventive procedures should be twice a year in spring and autumn. Oil is also recommended to add to salads or cereals.
Amaranth oil is strictly prohibited to use for frying products.
If the oil is used for medicinal purposes, it is used in the amount of a dessert spoon two to three times a day. The course is carried out three times a year. To reduce the concentration of cholesterol in the blood, oil is taken in the morning and immediately before bedtime.
Useful properties of amaranth appear when applied to the joints. Rubbing oil and using it for a compress helps relieve pain and stimulate the formation of cartilage tissue. Apply it in the morning and at night.
Application of amaranth oil in cosmetology.
Useful properties of amaranth have also been used in cosmetology. It is often added to the composition of expensive creams and skin care products. It nourishes the epidermis perfectly and regenerates its cells. Oil is used not only on the face, but also on the lips, hair, nails. Among the most popular methods of using such tools are:
- Nourishing Mask. Whisk two chicken eggs. Enter into them two teaspoons of amaranth oil and one spoon of natural honey. Knead the compound thoroughly and apply it on cleansed face and neck. After 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Mask for hands. In a normal baby cream, add a few drops of amaranth oil. Use in the usual mode. This tool perfectly nourishes the skin, relieves irritation and moisturizes.
- Hair Mask. First, apply a small amount of oil on the hair roots. After that distribute the tool throughout the length. Leave for 15 minutes. After that, thoroughly wash your hair with shampoo.
- Bath to strengthen nails. Mix two tablespoons of butter with a spoonful of lemon juice. In the resulting composition, lower the nails for 15 minutes. This procedure is recommended for bedtime. After the bath, do not wash your hands, wear warm soft gloves and go to bed.
In order for amaranth to benefit and not cause harm, do not forget how to use it correctly. Too frequent procedures can in some cases trigger an allergic reaction.
Amaranth seeds are particularly useful and do not harm, the main thing is to know how to apply them correctly. The easiest way is to make flour from them and use it to make pastries.
You can make a healthy porridge using a simple recipe. Mix the seeds and water in a ratio of 1 to 2. Cook as usual, like any other cereal. If in the process of cooking water is strongly evaporated, you can pour a little more. In the finished dish, add a few berries, a banana or an apple.
One of the ways how to use amaranth seeds is their germination. Sprouts contain a large amount of nutrients. They are added to vegetable salads and eaten every day.
Amaranth benefits, but can also cause harm under certain conditions. Among its main contraindications are:
- Individual intolerance. An allergic reaction may manifest as a rash, itching, irritation of mucous surfaces.
- The presence of stones in the urinary or gallbladder.
- Duodenal Ulcer.
In general, these contraindications concern oil. To avoid the negative effects of the use of this plant, you must consult with a specialist. If during the treatment you feel negative manifestations and deterioration of health, immediately discontinue the use of the agent and consult a doctor.
Amaranth herb has healing properties. With its proper use, it will be possible to cope with many diseases and strengthen the immune system.