- 1 Causes of smell
2 Get rid of odors
- 2.1 Step 1. Check hose
- 2.2 Step 2. single wash
- 2.3 Step 3. drastic measures
- 3 Getting rid of mold
- 4 preventive measures
- 5 conclusion
Despite the fact that most of the unpleasant odor is formed in an old washing machine, the new model is also affected by this scourge. What are the causes of fetid aroma, how to prevent them and how to get rid of them? Answers to all the questions you'll find in this article.
Causes of smell
Before you get rid of the smell in the washing machine, it is necessary to understand what was the reason for its occurrence. Among the possible unpleasant aroma sources can be:
No permanent ventilation of the drum device after washing. If you are after washing immediately slams the door of the washing machine, be prepared for the fact that soon will necessarily unpleasant smell. This is due to the fact that the tank is always a small amount of moisture, which is a source for bacteria and fungi.
- Using low-quality powder. Inexpensive powder may not dissolve fully in water, sticking to the drum wall and forming islands on them for the development of entire microbial colonies.
- Improper care of stiralka or even the lack thereof. A blocked drain hose, dirty tray detergent or not peeled pump filter may cause odor in the washing machine.
- Incorrect dosage of detergents. Too much powder is simply not time to completely clean up. Its remains thin layer gradually cover the walls of the drum and the tub, turning eventually into malodorous mucus.
- The lack of washing at maximum temperature.
- Wrong connection of the drain hose to the drainage pipe. If the hose is connected without the required bend, all the stench of sewage through stiralku get to your apartment.
Get rid of odors
Thus, the possible causes of odor sorted out in the washing machine. It's time to consider how to remove the odor from the washing machine. I offer instruction for action.
Step 1. Check hose
Begin the process of getting rid of the bad smell stiralki necessary to check the drain hose. Make sure it is properly connected, if necessary, refer to the help of the wizard. Ask show it as cleaning performed pump filter.
The master can also perform channel prophylactic cleaning by detergents which fall from the tray to the tub. Do not forget that there may accumulate mucous membrane with a very nasty smell.
Step 2. single wash
The next thing you need to do - to organize a thorough cleaning of the machine.
- Run empty wash, pre-selecting the mode with the maximum temperature. To heighten the effect, add the stiralku citric acid and vinegar. They will clean the heating elements of the scale.
- Spend another wash cycle, but now with the addition of a pack of soda or baking soda. Instead, it is also suitable detergent tablets for dishwashers.
- Upon completion of the primary cycle including additional rinse mode.
These procedures will help to eliminate virtually any unpleasant odor in the machine.
Step 3. drastic measures
Typically, after the implementation of the 2nd step a nasty flavor disappears. But if the problem persists, you should move on to more drastic measures. Take half a liter of chlorine bleach or packaging means to carry out pipe cleaning and washing with boiling cycle again.
Never at the same time, do not use bleach and cleaner pipe! In the reaction of these means may form free chlorine - very toxic and unpleasant substance.
Getting rid of mold
mold formation - a very common process in many washing machines. Get rid of it with their hands, you can use the same simple algorithm.
- The first thing you need to do - to clean mold from the visible portions of the device. Carefully inspect the detergent drawer, fold seal and clean them. You can use any special tools purchased or soda solution of copper sulfate or vinegar.
- Inspect and clean the filter pump.
- On the dashboard stiralki expose and start "boiling" mode. To enhance the effect can add a special tool for cleaning, citric acid solution or white vinegar.
That you no longer cared about the possibility of forming in the machine vile smell, enough to carry out simple preventive measures.
Instruction is as follows:
- If you have the habit to store the dirty things before washing in tank cars, get rid of it. It is better to store clothes in a special basket - so it acquires an unpleasant flavor and stiralka will be better ventilated.
- Do not immediately after washing, close the door of the machine. It is advisable to wait a couple of days so that the moisture in the drum to evaporate completely. In models with front-loading is required to wipe the rubber seal - on them in the first place appear mildew stains.
- Use only high-quality powder, and it is not necessary to add him more than indicated on the package.
- Do not forget to periodically remove the detergent tray and rinse it with a brush. The same applies to rubber seals.
- Every few months, run the washing with a maximum duration and temperature. If the house does not have things that require such a mode, turn idle washing.
- At least once every three months to the pump filter cleaning. It is able to collect fine dust, which subsequently is formed mold.
- To prevent unpleasant smelling plaque TENah to periodically switch the mode of washing with water heated to 90 ° C. Pre pour inside of the drum about 100 g of citric acid. Instead, it is also possible to use a 9-11% vinegar.
Adhering to these recommendations, you can keep the machine in perfect purity. If the problem is still there, you know how to clean the washing machine with little effort. That's what I told in detail above.
More intuitive and useful information you will learn from the video in this article. If, however, some points remain unclear - ask about them in the comments.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!