How to choose, operate and repair an electric jigsaw for
First there was a jigsaw in the form of a small frame with a narrow and thin canvas for sawing wood. Then they began to use a replaceable cloth and a small tooth for sawing metal. Then the jigsaws got the motor and the connection to the mains. But still, the jig saw was not considered a serious tool, until modern devices appeared that have little in common with the previous one. This is the electric jigsaw.
- 1What is a jigsaw and its features
2The device and the principle of operation
- 2.1The device and start of the jigsaw
- 3Types of electric jig saws
4Selecting a file
4.1How to decipher the marking of the saw blade
- 4.1.1The value of the second letter of the saw marking
- 4.1.2Importance of steel marking
- 4.1.3The meaning of the inscriptions on the canvas
- 4.1.4Marking of types of work
- 4.2Classification of saws by type of material being processed
5How to choose electric jigsaw for home
- 5.1Choosing a jigsaw
- 6The choice of a professional or household appliance
7Operation of the jigsaw
- 7.1Instrument Setup
- 7.2Work with an electric jigsaw
7.3How to fix a jigsaw on the table
- 7.3.1How to work with electric jigsaw
- 7.4What should I do if the tool cuts crookedly
8Repair of electric brush with own hands
- 8.1Repairing the support roller
8.2Replacing the stem
- 8.2.1Replacement of the jaws of the jigsaw
- 8.3Repair of the saw holder
- 8.4Replacement of the pendulum mechanism
- 8.5Repairing the power button
- 8.6Brush and armature replacement
- 9Which jigsaw is better: customer reviews
What is a jigsaw and its features
Electric jig saw is a hand power tool. It is intended for sawing wooden, plastic, metal materials, gypsum cardboard, ceramic tile, glass, some types of stone. Sawing takes place by the reciprocating movement of the rigging. Cutting can be made straight, curly and at an angle to the surface.
- the same jigsaw can be used to work with different materials due to a wide range of saw blades;
- The rigging is durable and rarely breaks. The hardness of the saw blade makes it possible to work with soft materials without pre-drilling holes;
- the canvas is fixed only on one side. This allows you to saw at the edge of the workpiece;
- in some models a greater thickness of the cut is achieved: 160 mm in wood and 35 in metal;
- You can make not only straight cuts, but also curly ones with a radius of 15 mm and higher.
- the fixing of the saw blade at one end does not make it possible to make it thin;
- slow work with workpieces with a thickness of about 40 mm due to deterioration of the chip removal process. This is due to the small stroke of the saw blade from 15 to 26 mm;
- work with this tool is traumatic;
- since the function of the jigsaw is based on reciprocating motion, an idle run occurs. Therefore, the performance of this device is less than continuous instruments, such as a Bulgarian or a circular saw.
The device and the principle of operation
Consider in detail the device jigsaw
What does the electric jigsaw
- Power cord.
- Cord terminals.
- The trigger lock.
- The trigger.
- Speed selector.
- Eccentric hinge.
- Cooling fan.
- Regulator of pendulum action.
- The pendulum mechanism.
- A file.
- Protective limiter.
- Supporting file saw.
- Air duct.
- Base plate.
- Electric motor.
- Output of sawdust.
- The regulator of the base plate.
In simple jigsaws, the tool moves only up and down. And when using the pendulum mechanism, forward and backward. This tool saws faster. How is vertical movement formed? The motor transmits its rotation to the reducer gear. An eccentric hinge is attached to it, which creates an up and down movement. The base plate presses and holds the tool on the surface to be treated, eliminating the trembling of the hands. Sawdust is blown by a cooling fan and output through a special branch pipe.
The device and start of the jigsaw
Types of electric jig saws
Difference by type of supply:
Rechargeable is not very convenient due to lower power, faster battery discharge and extra battery cost. Therefore, network devices are more popular.
Types of electric jigsaws:
In contrast to light and mobile hand-held jig saws, stationary ones are installed in one place by a platform upwards. The equipment is attached from two sides. Because of the restriction of the varieties of the saw blade, more are used for processing wood blanks. And only in some models of the tool is used a tooling for metal. Therefore, stationary jigs are not as versatile as manual jaws.
Classification of the instrument:
- domestic. Power from 350 to 580 W;
- professional. Power from 580 to 900 watts.
Selecting a file
Selection of the saw blade is an important part of working with the tool. This affects the efficiency and quality of the cut. The canvas is for wood, metal, plastic, ceramics. Depending on this, the material of the saw blade is selected:
- High-carbon steel is used for cutting soft blanks;
- For cutting metal, high-speed steel with high hardness is used;
- For ceramics and glass, saws with inserts of hard alloys are used.
The tooth pitch also depends on the workpiece material:
- for wood, -4 mm;
- for metal and plastic you need a small tooth up to, mm;
- For glass and ceramics a canvas is used, in which instead of teeth diamond spraying;
- For aluminum, the edge of the canvas is undulating with a larger tooth.
The size of the wiring is different for saw blades. As the wiring grows, the cutting line widens. Types of saws by geometry:
- milled with classic wiring;
- milled with undulating wiring;
- grinded with classic wiring;
- with conical grinding without wiring.
It is necessary to choose the right size of equipment. Do not forget that it should be more than the thickness of the workpiece being processed. The most common sizes are 75 mm, 85 mm and 100 mm. But for cutting thick workpieces, longer saws up to 300 mm are used.
Types of blade shanks:
- T-shaped. Developed by Bosh and is the most common;
- U-shaped. American standard. It occurs less often.
How to decipher the marking of the saw blade
On any canvas there is a marking consisting of letters and numbers. First, the type of shank: T-shaped or U-shaped. Then there are three figures. Pay attention to the first, which indicates the length of the canvas:
- 1 - short, up to 75 mm;
- 2 - standard, 75-90 mm;
- 3 - elongated, 90-150 mm;
- 7 - long, more than 150 mm.
After the numbers, there is one or two letters. The first means the tooth size:
- A - small;
- B - average;
- C and D are large.
The second letter provides additional information.
The value of the second letter of the saw marking
|Letter||The letter value||Appointment|
|F||bimetallic canvas||The most durable and durable|
|O||narrow canvas||For a figured cut|
|P||fat||Allows sawing strictly perpendicular to the surface|
|R||with back tooth||For coated surfaces|
|X||with variable tooth size||Universal cloth, suitable for cutting any materials|
Where the shank ends and the canvas begins, the steel marking is indicated.
Importance of steel marking
|steel grade||Name of steel||Materials for which|
|CV||Chrome Vanadium Steel||Wood and wood plates|
|HCS||High-carbon steel||Wood, wood boards and plastic|
|HSS||Quick cut||Ferrous and non-ferrous metals|
|HM||Hard alloy based on tungsten carbide||Ceramics, glass, fiberglass|
On the canvas there are inscriptions indicating the appointment of a file
The meaning of the inscriptions on the canvas
|Inscription||Materials for which|
|Wood||Softwood and fibreboards|
|Hardwood||Hardwood and laminated panels|
|Metal||Tin, metal profiles and pipes|
|Fiber & amp; laster||Fiberglass plastic|
|Soft-material||Rubber, expanded polystyrene, cardboard|
|Acrylic||Polycarbonate and Plexiglas|
On the canvas can be marked the types of work for which this file is intended
Marking of types of work
|Notation||Types of jobs|
|basic||Standard linens for high-quality cut|
|speed||For fast cutting|
|clean||For a clean cut (without wiring)|
|progressor||Universal files with variable tooth size|
|flexible||Woven fabrics for wavy cutting for metal cutting|
|special||For cutting ceramics, plastics and other highly specialized works|
Classification of saws by type of material being processed
Most of the saw blades are made for working with wood. Therefore, saws for wood are designed for different types of work:
- quick res. Such cloths are used if the cutting speed is more important than the accuracy of the cut. The canvas has the following characteristics:
- length more than 60 mm;
- large tooth size. Reaches 6 mm;
- a divorce of about 1 mm;
- clean cut. The opposite of the previous type of work. Fabric characteristics:
- tooth size about 3 mm;
- small divorce;
- figured res. Special canvases are used, which neatly cut out the curly sections. Characteristics of saws:
- canvas up to 4 mm;
- teeth up to 2 mm;
- length less than 40 mm;
- on the back side of the bevel;
The metal files have a small tooth size. But aluminum uses canvases with teeth about three millimeters. They are made of strong steel.
Saws for metal
Polymers use saws with the same dimensions as wood saw blades.
Saws for polymers
Cloths for ceramic tiles and glass instead of teeth have a diamond coating.
A file for ceramics and glass
For cutting materials containing gypsum or sand, use saws with inserts of hard alloys, as the teeth are quickly blunt.
Saw logs for plasterboard
Very soft billets, such as rubber or cardboard, are treated with a cloth with waves instead of teeth.
A file for a soft material
There are saws of universal purpose, made of a quick-cut. They can saw wood, metal, plastic. But the quality will be low. If you need a beautiful smooth cut, then use a highly specialized tool.
How to choose electric jigsaw for home
For optimal selection of jigsaw, you need to take into account the characteristics and availability of additional functions.
Criteria for choosing a jigsaw:
- power. Shows energy consumption and efficiency. The thickness depends on the ability to cut thick parts, the sawing speed and the time of continuous work;
- sole. Each jigsaw has a support sole that improves accuracy. For sawing at an inclination, the sole rotates in both directions. Some models can choose any angle up to 45 degrees, others - the rotation occurs only at certain angles, which is not very convenient. There are jigsaws with the ability to adjust the rotation without additional tools;
- speed adjustment. The presence of this option extends the tool's capabilities, because different materials can not be sawed at the same speed. If the number of revolutions of your jigsaw is less than 1000, then it will not take plastic. But do not forget that at very high speeds, such as for processing wood, the plastic will melt;
- swapping the canvas. It is also called a pendulum stroke. This movement of the saw goes forwards and backwards. Increases cutting speed, but quality deteriorates. If speed is important with a large amount of work and without high requirements for cutting quality, it is a very useful function;
- laser pointer. It makes it possible to do a very accurate cutting on the markings. Even the ingress of sawdust into the cutting zone does not spoil its trajectory;
- attachment saws. The type of attachment can support different types of shank or the one used in this tool. Also, in specific models, there is a possibility to quickly replace the rigging with one hand;
- work area illumination. The whole working surface with its irregularities is visible. It is convenient when working in places with low illumination;
- ergonomics. It is caused by balancing and rubber inserts. If the tool is comfortable to hold in your hand, then ergonomics is good;
- equipment. Electric jigsaws are completed with a box, tarpaulin bag or case. The bag does not get wet, but there are no additional parts for accessories. The case is resistant to shock and does not get wet. It has special departments for consumables and accessories;
- connection to a vacuum cleaner. If there is a nozzle for blowing sawdust, a vacuum cleaner can be connected to it;
- availability of additional functions:
- Increasing the stroke frequency improves performance, but the tooling wears out quickly;
- automatic blowing of sawdust from the cutting line;
- turn the blade 360 degrees useful when cutting circles.
Choosing a jigsaw
Additional accessories jigsaw:
- a table for fixing the instrument in the workplace;
- connector for guides;
- guide with millimeter scale kwb line master 7844 00;
- gon for guide;
- splinter liner.
The choice of a professional or household appliance
The main difference between professional jigsaw and household jigs is high wear resistance and more intensive work. They can be operated for 10 hours, changing the nozzles and processing different materials. The quality of the result is not reduced. If only the wizard does not get tired and start making mistakes. When using a household tool, it is necessary to break for at least 10 minutes every third of an hour. And work no more than 3-4 hours a day. As a rule, this is enough for domestic use with electric jigsaw.
When choosing a more powerful tool, consider, then with increasing this characteristic, the weight increases. The most suitable option for everyday life is jigsaws with a power of 500 to 650 watts. They allow you to achieve a cutting thickness in wood up to 70 mm and in metal up to 5 mm. If you need indicators of 160 mm for wood and 35 mm for metal, then take a more powerful jigsaw.
Operation of the jigsaw
Before work prepare the necessary equipment.
- Take the bracket to replace the canvas. Loosen the fastening bolt. Insert the desired saw blade and tighten the bolt. Similarly, the saw blade is replaced.
- If you have a quick swap replacement function, then turn the lever of the corresponding knot.
- Adjust the travel frequency. The harder the material, the lower the frequency. The tree is sawn at maximum speed. Metal - two times lower. For plastic, the speed is, times less than the maximum. The tile is processed at low speed.
- Install the pendulum stroke. It is used for thick wooden workpieces. There are three positions of the regulator: 1 - thickness 30-40 mm; 2 - thickness 40-50 mm; 3 - more than 50 mm.
Work with an electric jigsaw
- Fasten the part to the workbench.
- Install the device with the cutting edge to the part. Turn it on. Do not press on the canvas, lead it along the line drawn. If you apply excessive force in the sawing process, the blade may break.
- Dampened snapping immediately, so that there was no heavy load on the engine, and the device did not fail.
- To make a long cut parallel to the edge, use a ruler and a rail. Measure out the required distance. Place the rail along the cutting line, fix it on the workpiece with a clamp. Move the tool parallel to the slats.
- For sawing at an angle, loosen the platform fastening. Set the angle of the desired value. Tighten the bracket.
- To cut an even circle, connect the guide to the center. It is included in the tool kit. Fasten it in the middle. Drive the jigsaw around the center.
- When cutting patterns, fix the jigsaw on the table. Then you will see the whole picture. You can use two hands to guide the part along the desired path.
- To work with thin metal, place a plywood under it, so that the workpiece is not deformed.
How to fix a jigsaw on the table
If you convert a regular jig saw to a desktop version, then its possibilities will expand.
- Take the table top with a thickness of 12-15 mm. Drill in it and in the platform of the jig saw four holes.
- Place the table top on a base with a thickness of at least 22 mm. Tighten the jig saw.
- If it has a nozzle for blowing sawdust, you can connect a vacuum cleaner. To do this, make a round hole in the back of the table base and slide the hose from the vacuum cleaner.
- Now you can saw.
How to work with electric jigsaw
What should I do if the tool cuts crookedly
First, determine one of the two reasons, then proceed with its elimination.
- Do saws along and across the fibers. If the saw goes only along, then replace it. If the defect is repeated in both cases, you need to adjust the guide assembly.
- Some people solve the problem by adjusting the video.
- To do this, loosen its mount and slide it forward or backward.
- In others, adjust the guide rivets. They are bolted. Loosen them and set the desired position.
- Make control cuts. If necessary, repeat the adjustment.
Repair of electric brush with own hands
This tool often breaks the power button and support roller. But other parts and components also fail.
Repairing the support roller
- Remove the sole and unscrew the mounting of the roller unit. Remove it.
- Remove the axle. Replace the roller. Assemble the assembly and put it back in place.
- To adjust, move it forward or backward.
- Test the work of the new clip on the cuts.
Replacing the stem
- Remove the snap-in. Loosen the platform. It is not necessary to remove it. Unscrew bolts and remove the upper half of the body.
- Pull the stem out of the groove.
- Buy exactly the same. It comes complete with an emphasis, holder and sleeves.
- Install the new one. Twist the impeller of the shaft and make sure everything moves. Screw the housing.
Replacement of the jaws of the jigsaw
Repair of the saw holder
- On the removed stock, unscrew the holder holder.
- Remove it and install a new one.
- Insert the file. Adjust the retainer clamp bolts.
- Replace the stem.
Replacement of the pendulum mechanism
If the pumping mechanism wears out, it will be necessary to replace the gear shaft and gear.
- Disassemble the case. Remove the stem and gear housing.
- Remove the pusher from the gear.
- To remove the gear from the shaft, remove the circlip.
- Establish a new gear wheel, a lock ring and a pusher.
- Insert the assembly into the housing.
Repairing the power button
The button gets a lot of dust. Contacts clogged. The appliance stops turning on. Often repairs are limited to cleaning the button.
- Disconnect the wires. The body of the button consists of two parts. Screw the inside of the screwdriver and remove it.
- Clean all parts from dust. If necessary, remove the deposit from the contacts.
- Collect all button parts.
- In this case, attach the contacts to a small amount of grease. This counteracts the oxidation and formation of carbon deposits. And it's easier to collect a button, since nothing will fall out.
- Also place the springs in the trigger on the grease.
- Connect the wires to the button and insert it into the grooves.
Brush and armature replacement
- Brushes for jigsaws are very easy to change. Squeeze the brush holder with a screwdriver and remove it.
- Take out the anchor. Remove bearings with a puller and install new ones.
- Check the condition of the helical shaft end of the armature. If the teeth are worn out, the anchor must be replaced.
Which jigsaw is better: customer reviews
Roller Kölner KJS 450, power 450 W, the price of 1130 rubles.
Not yet broken. Quality corresponds to the price. In principle, it is suitable for infrequent and short use within the household. There are no many functions. Saaaaamy is the cheapest one available for today. Reliability, of course, is much lower than the more expensive counterparts. If you buy - soberly assess its capabilities.
The user has hidden his data
https://market.yandex.ru/product/11008333/review? id = 763072 & amp; rack = tabs.
Jigsaw Bosch GST 8000 E, power 710 W, the price of 4317 r.
Powerful, saws smoothly like clockwork (saw file also bosch), there is no vibration at all, it sits well in the hand. The mechanism of fixing the file is very convenient (some complain about it in vain). Skolov and badasses do not exist. Stepless speed control.
https://market.yandex.ru/product/13005158/review? id = 763072 & amp; rack = tabs.
Jaws Makita 4350FCT, power 720 W, the price of 8575 r.
I work with a jig saw professionally, every working day for several hours. Mainly for metal. Very convenient and unpretentious in work. After, -2 years of intensive exploitation the lock of the saw is worn, the stock of the rod with the lock costs in the amount of 1500 rubles. According to the electric motor there is no criticism, it is eternal. A real workhorse for professionals.
The user has hidden his data
https://market.yandex.ru/product/7302343/review? rack = rev_mc_marked & amp; rade_value = 5.
DeWALT DW333K electric jaw, power 701 W, price 12283 r.
Convenient, sharp, blows out chips, ovno cuts along the line, adjusting the speed, the ability to connect the vacuum cleaner, quick change of blade and angle of cut with a single push, the line of the cable is 4 m
https://market.yandex.ru/product/7301977/review? id = 763072 & amp; rack = tabs.
Jigsaw Kress 650 SPS, power 650 W, price 20 250 р.
Powerful, convenient, high-quality plastic, did repairs in the apartment, the floor laid them for a day 47 sq. M on a diagonal, karoch works to this day.
https://market.yandex.ru/product/7302336/review? id = 763072 & amp; rack = tabs.
The electric jigsaw allows you to perform many operations with different materials. With the help of settings, work is easy and fast, saves time and effort. A variety of functions allows you to choose a tool for your tasks. Repair jigsaw is simple..