- Advantages and disadvantages of
- How to choose
- Calculation of energy savings
As everyone knows, incandescent bulbs have a barely perceptible flicker that, when they are in the room for a long time, adversely affects their eyesight. Used to, this flicker can be completely unnoticeable, but for people with sensitive nerve endings in the eyeball, this can cause inconvenience and also lead to irritability. Therefore, LED lamps that have no such defect were invented. They also have no harmful radiation, such as ultraviolet and infrared light. In essence, this is their main principle of action. Due to this kind of radiation, the eyes feel overworked, as a result, a person may lose sight in time. Among other things, an important factor is energy saving. The LED lamp is much more economical than incandescent lamps, but the price of diode ones is much higher. Therefore, in this article we will tell you how to choose an LED paw and analyze the question: do save electricity?
Advantages and disadvantages of
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving, and in our country, saving electricity, the key to a comfortable life. Moreover, the design of these lighting devices is very elegant, which gives the room or the room a certain charm and appeal. In European countries for a long time no longer use incandescent bulbs. Moreover, there are even special programs of legislation to eradicate the production of such lamps and their application in everyday life.
It is worth noting that ordinary lamps very often “burn”.Poor quality of an incandescent hair leads to the failure of the bulb itself, and it can only be replaced. LED, or as they are popularly called energy-saving lamps, extremely rarely come into disrepair and their life expectancy is from 1 to 5 years, and sometimes even longer. Such a long life is in their device.
Make LED lighting devices from a variety of materials, and also give them a heterogeneous form. In the market you can find them for every taste and color, as well as pick up the light bulb that fits to your interior, as there are lamps for general( main) lighting, and for decor. Do not forget about such a factor as a very high luminous efficiency. For example, a lamp with a power of 15 W provides light to all 120, while the cost of voltage is minimal.
The disadvantage of these lamps is their cost, as well as the fact that the lamps cannot often be changed from one place to another, otherwise its service life will be reduced by several times.
How to choose
When you choose which light to buy, we advise you to pay attention to two factors: the manufacturer and the characteristics. The number of manufacturers is huge, which allows you to choose exactly the lamp that suits you best. Production occurs in all countries of the world, but China is still the main supplier.
However, the aspect on which you need to focus your attention is the characteristics of the products. Namely:
- Limit characteristics, that is, power, glow temperature, angles, brightness, and so on. Characteristics are directly proportional to the manufacturer. That is, often the faults of the housekeepers can be associated with incorrectly provided information about the characteristics of the device;
- The device of the lighting device itself, its appearance. It is worth paying attention to this, because only you know how this or that lamp will fit your interior. The lamp may become unusable due to the fact that it does not correspond to its purpose;
- Familiarize yourself with the properties of the power supply and microcircuits. It is important to note here that not every housekeeper will work at low temperatures, for example, in the winter outside. It also takes into account the voltage drops in the electrical network, as this affects the longevity of the lamp as a whole. Therefore, before operating, read the safety precautions and instructions for use;
- Costly LED bulbs most often have diodes that can be replaced when they fail. It is also worth paying attention to this, since usually the life of these lamps is high, but due to the possibility of repair it increases significantly, because it is cheaper to buy replaceable diodes than the lamp itself;
- As well as the indicator of the quality of the lamp, the box should contain a detailed file with all the information about the characteristics and instructions for use. So does every self-respecting manufacturer.
Do not forget about fakes, as they have a place to be on the market. It's impossible to check this by eye, but there are special laboratories in which you can check your equipment for fake. Although it is worth noting that fakes are sometimes not inferior in quality to the original.
Calculation of energy savings
As mentioned above, the main advantage of LED lamps is energy saving. This savings lies in the fact that with low power consumption, a large amount of light is generated per unit.
Below we give you a table comparing some of the lamps in contrast to the LED.Perhaps the main characteristic of a lamp is its light emission, which is measured in Lumens( Lm).
|Incandescent lamp, power( W)||Luminescent lamp, power( W)||LED lamp, power output( W)||Light flux( lm), averaged|
|20||94, CED_94DDASAS _ _ averaged figures.-5||400|
choice is clear, however, should take into account thethe fact that all the housekeepers emit narrowly directed light energy. On the boxes, manufacturers often indicate this parameter, so you should carefully consider the choice of the lighting device, so that it does not lead to discomfort. There is also such a parameter as color heat transfer, or more simply, the color of light emission. In incandescent bulbs only one shade, yellow, LED lamp has several colors and shades. This is also done for the convenience of lighting the room, depending on the needs of the buyer.
So, from the above, we can conclude that among all the lighting devices on the market, it is most advantageous to take an LED lamp, in order to save electricity, and therefore your money.
We hope that this article has given you the answer to the question of whether LED lamps are saving energy and that this is true.