Contents of the article:
The homeland of the spathiphyllum is the humid tropics, so the captivity must take into account the peculiarities of those places. Our flowers grow there under the canopy of tall trees in partial shade. They are not touched by the wind, the air is humid and the leaves are adjusted so that excessive moisture does not linger and drip off the pointed lanceolate leaves. For decorativeness care plant spathiphyllum must comply with the requirements of nature.
The departure from acquisition to reproduction
So, the symbol of well-being, the keeper of female happiness, the flower Spathiphyllum is acquired. Placement requirements are simple. New plant:
- can not stand drafts;
- does not like direct sunlight in summer;
- comfort temperature in the winter of 16, in the summer to 23, blooms well at 18;
- watering plentiful, but without stagnant water;
- spraying leaves during the day;
- annual transplants, and light slightly sour soil.
Under these conditions, the plant will surely please with annual flowering.
If you have acquired spathiphyllum, how to care for it? The flower must undergo acclimatization and quarantine within two to three weeks. If he lowers the leaves a little, watering is required. The place for the plant is chosen immediately and for a long time, he does not like change, a homebody. The east and west windows with a shading from direct rays are ideally suited, the north one - the flower suffers in the summer, in the winter it needs lighting. With artificial lighting, the plant can develop well in the depths of the room.
For a purchased greenhouse plant, it is necessary to transplant into a special soil, or create a ground for the spathiphyllum on your own:
- turfy ground - 1 hour;
- leaf humus - 1 hour;
- peat - 1 hour;
- sand -1 h.;
- bark of coniferous trees, charcoal, brick chips, in the amount of 1 hour.
In addition, you will need clay or ceramic chips and pebbles to create a drainage layer.
The plant should be watered, taken out of the container, slightly neatly cleaned from the greenhouse ground, placed on a layer of earth on top of the drainage bedding, straightened the roots and gradually sprinkled with a new mixture, slightly shaking and tamping with a finger or a stick. To pour the earth with warm settled water, wait for the layer to settle and pour more. It is necessary to leave 2 cm to the edge of the pot and do not fall asleep the plant above the neck. After transplantation, the plant should not be watered until new leaves come, but daily spray leaves 2 times. It is possible to create a mini-top on top, but to provide holes for ventilation.
Watering female happiness must be abundant, but first wait for the top layer of earth to dry out in a pot, and only then water it from above or through a drip pan. Slightly drooping leaves indicate that the plant needs watering.
How to feed the spathiphyllum so that it starts to bloom faster, beginners ask. Feed should be fed 2 times a month with liquid fertilizers for aroid fertilizers, while nitrogen fertilizers should not prevail in the composition. Occasionally, you can pamper the flower with a weak solution of extract from a mullein or bird compost. To maintain the humidity of the air around the plant you need to create a comfort zone. Set next to the aquarium or tray placed in it expanded clay and sphagnum moss, they constantly evaporate the water poured to the bottom of the pan.
- layers that have grown near the main plant from the ground;
The procedure for planting plants with roots does not differ from transplanting purchased specimens. If there are no roots, then the stem can be rooted in the sand, covering it with a transparent cap.
Why does not the spathiphyllum bloom?
If the spathiphyllum care gets wrong, it will not bloom. There may be several reasons: the
- pot, where the plant is planted, is too voluminous, until it is filled with roots, there will be no flowering;
- low ambient temperature, insufficient humidity;
- plant is starving, has not been transplanted for a long time and does not fertilize;
- plant is old or sick.
Signs of trouble plants will become blackening, dying or yellow leaves. In this case, it is necessary to find problems and eliminate them, without bringing the plants to death.
So, if the stalks of leaves rot, then it is stem rot when the ground is wet and cold. The plant needs to be transplanted into another pot, removing the decaying parts and sprinkling the cut points with crushed coal.
If a lot of leaves turn yellow, waterlogging is possible, but if there is no rotting, this is a sign of a lack of power or excessive lighting. When yellowing only the lower leaves need to adjust the watering. However, if the plant is standing in the winter close to the battery, the leaves may also dry out.
Blackening leaves signal both underfilling and overflow. Perhaps the earth lacks phosphorus and nitrogen. If the tips of the leaves dry up, this indicates dry air, or the plant has not yet taken root after transplanting. These colors can register a weekly shower in the bathroom.
Some lovers use liquid wax to make leaves shine. The wax will clog the pores and the leaves will not be able to breathe. The result is clear.
Pests and Diseases
Usually spathiphyllum fights for its life, only giving a signal to the owners of trouble. But if the plant is weakened, parasites can populate it, which are very small, and find themselves when creating a large source of infection.
These include well-known floral pests.
- Aphid, this bag for pumping out the juice from the leaves is very prolific and can lead to the death of the plant, if not to fight. At home, you can use the soap solution for washing off, shower, and the least dangerous for humans drug fitoverm.
- Thrips divorce is also very fast. They appear in the summer, are entered through the open window. White puncture spots appear on the leaves. Spray the back of the plate with insecticide.
- A spider mite announces its presence on the web that appears on the bottom side of the plate, in which the larvae run in the cradle. The female is red, the male is almost imperceptible. To destroy the appeared pest with insecticides and wash it away under the shower, it is a resident of dry air.
In a pot, pandurs or springtails can be brought on the leaves, another kind of aphid, a shield. But whatever the pest, the plant takes on the oppressed form and stops blooming.