content of the article:
Actinidia refers to lianovidnym plants, with a strongtree stem and a large number of large leaves. Actinidia Kolomikta is common among all varieties, planting and caring for which is relevant for the Moscow region and the northern part of Russia. This plant is also known as the northern grape, which it received as a result of the external similarity of the fruit to the clusters. It is grown not only for berries, but also as an ornamental plant.
Actinidia of the colomict
The derived varieties of actinidia tolerate harsh winters. It is the sort of actinidia colomikta that is the leader in frost resistance. It is able to withstand temperatures up to -35 degrees. Therefore, knowledge of how the actinidia kolomikta is planted and cared for in the Urals, as well as in Siberia, is simply necessary for dacha owners who want to grow an unusual plant on their land. With the defeat of the plant by spring frosts, it is quickly restored, releasing foliage from dormant buds.
The floor of actinidia does not change throughout the entire period of growth. For high-quality and rich harvest, it is recommended to keep 5 female roots and 2 male roots on one site.
Actinidia Colomicta, the fruits of which have a high content of ascorbic acid, will be very useful for humans. Per 100 g of berries account for more than 1 thousand mg of this valuable vitamin. To get a daily dose of vitamin C, it is enough to eat two berries of actinidia. From this it follows that for a year a person needs only 1.5 kg of berries.
In the remarks of gardeners it is noted that this plant is not affected by pests, they bypass it, and therefore do not have to spend additional funds to fight.
Actinidia kolomikta, description of the variety:
- A perennial plant with a climbing stem that can twist a support up to 8 m high.
- Lifetime reaches 30 years.
- The late flowering period is mid-June. The temperature for normal flowering should not be below 0 degrees. The first flowers appear only in the 4–5 year of life of the plant. Male specimens have staminate flowers, and female flowers also have a large pestle.
- Fruit ripening occurs in September - early October. The ripened fruits have a dark green color, with a soft and delicate structure. The harvest from one bush makes about 1–2 kg.
- Taste is sweet-sour or sweet, with pineapple flavor.
Choosing a place
Before choosing a place for planting actinidia Colomict, it is necessary to study its main features:
- Liana constantly pulls up, some specimens reach a height of 8 meters
- plant root system is close to the surface.
Based on these features, you need to choose a place to grow. For these purposes, a little shaded areas are ideal, in which there will be a lot of space for free growth of the plant upwards. Under favorable conditions, it will form multiple side shoots. Actinidia does not like overdried soils, so watering should be monitored especially carefully.
The best option is to land the actinidia along the fences or near any buildings. In this case, you will not only get useful berries, but also get an ornamental plant for the design of the fence. The only thing to consider is the location of the drain, as the plant does not tolerate overwetting, just like overdried soils.
It is not advisable to plant actinidia next to garden trees, as it will simply clog them. The minimum distance between liana and trees should be about 6–7 m.
Actinidia grows well on soil with a low content of components such as nitrogen and phosphorus. However, it is better to refuse cultivation of lianas on alkaline soils, this type is absolutely not suitable for it. The best option is acidic or slightly acidic soil, possibly neutral. The structure of the soil should be loose, but not sandy. Clay soils are also not suitable for growing this crop.
It is not recommended to plant actinidia in places with close groundwater, as excessive moisture can harm it.
Planting actinidia colomicas
The variety of actinidia colomicta in Siberia is very popular. Planting can be carried out both in spring and in autumn, after frosts or before they occur.
A pit( 50 * 50 * 50) is prepared for the landing of the actinidia, with the pre-laying of the drainage layer. It is customary for him to use gravel, crushed stone or broken brick. Such a layer should be at least 10 cm. After it, the garden earth is filled up, with layers of dried humus.
If the soil is still heavy, sand is added to the drainage layer. It is also possible to add ashes( 1 kg), superphosphate( 0.2 kg) and potassium sulfate( 0.1 kg) to the garden soil.
Filling a hole with earth, a small mound is formed along its center, into which an actinidia seedling is placed. In order to prevent young roots from drying out and being attacked by pests, they are dipped into a clay talker before planting.
At the end of the planting, the seedling is watered( at the rate of 2 buckets per 1 bush.), And the ground around it is slightly compacted. The root neck at the same time must be flush with the surface of the earth.
The hole around the bush should not be done to eliminate the accumulation of rain water in it.
Actinidia colomikta care.
In order to increase crop yields and form a decorative plant species, you need to properly care for them.
Actinidia Colomicta, care and its main stages:
- Watering - frequent, but without the formation of stagnant water. It is necessary to constantly maintain soil moisture, since the roots of the plant are shallow. For normal growth of the vegetative part of the plant requires moist air, so in hot weather it is recommended to spray the leaves with water, preferably twice a day, morning and evening.
- Plant nutrition is conducted in early summer. For this, a mullein infusion diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10 is used. You can also use other types of mineral fertilizers.
- In order for the soil not to dry, it is recommended to mulch it using different methods. The easiest and most effective way is to fill the surface with sawdust.
- Actinidia Kolomikta variety, planting and care in the Moscow region and Siberia also provides shelter for the winter period.
Pruning of actinidia and why it is needed
Pruning of the plant is carried out immediately after its flowering or in late autumn, after all the leaves have fallen off. In the spring, in the period of juice release, pruning is not recommended, as the plant may weaken or die at all due to the loss of juice. Trimming actinidia involves thinning the plant, as well as cutting weak and dried branches.
Actinidia colomicas forming
Actinidia cultivation and care for Kolomikty imply its molding, the type of which depends on the region where it grows, planting location and type of trellis.
In the middle lane, actinidia is grown in the form of a shrub located on a trellis by means of fan molding. To do this, select 3-4 basic, vertical escape, which will be the arms of the fan. In the autumn, after the leaves fall, the top of them is plucked to the level of a stiffened vine, thanks to which the lateral branches will grow next year. Choosing from these shoots the most powerful, tied to the trellis, with the direction in different directions.
The next year, shorter branches grow, ready for fruiting. They are tied up in a vertical position. In a year, shoots will appear on them again, which will need to be tied up in a horizontal position, straightening them in different directions. It is recommended to shorten shoots that have already been planted by 5 buds, counting from the top of the berry.