Beets marinated fast-cookingIn which only species it is not used! But whether it is raw, boiled, baked or pickled - beet still remains a storehouse of healing qualities. The amount of vitamin stored during the heat treatment process may vary. But it depends only on the method and time of cooking beets.
The recipe for making marinated beets for the winter
As well as raw, pickled beets are added to the first courses( borscht, beetroot soup, cold dishes), to various salads, dressings, main dishes. From it they prepare independent snacks, side dishes, served in the primary form with greens and seasonings.
For pickled beets you will need:
- 5 medium root vegetables;
- 1 large onion;
- 100 g of granulated sugar;
- 100 g of coarse salt;
- 0.5 liters of water( under the marinade);
- 100 ml of 9% vinegar;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 3 cloves;
- sweet peas.
- Rinse the beets thoroughly. Do not cut and do not peel, tail, and do not make any cuts so that the juice does not come out.
- Boil water and put root vegetables in boiling water. Cook until ready 1-1.2 hours.
- Cool the finished beets, pour cold water. Peel and slice.
- Peel and chop the onion rings.
- Layered beets with onions in a jar, alternating them.
- Pour marinade hot.
Preparation of marinade:
- Pour 500 ml of water into a saucepan.
- Add spices, dissolve sugar and salt.
- Bring marinade with spices to a boil. Mix well and pour vinegar.
If you pour vegetables with this marinade and let them insist in a cool place for 1-2 days, you will get pickled beets ready for use without sterilization, which will retain maximum benefits of vitamins. This preparation should be stored in the refrigerator.
You can serve ready-made beets on sandwiches with a slice of fish, use it for making vinaigrette, grind for sauces and pastes. If you fill the beets with vegetable oil, unsweetened yogurt, sour cream or homemade mayonnaise and sprinkle with greens, sesame or flax seed, you get a light, fast and healthy salad for a full snack.
Read also: Amazing taste of sweet cherry liqueur made at home
How to pickle beets for the winter
For winter storage of pickled beets, vegetables should be laid out in peeled soda and sterilized containers.
For sterilization you need:
- Boil water in a deep pan.
- Put a colander on top, and put the banks on it in turn down the neck. When water begins to flow down the walls - you can remove the container.
- Arrange vegetables in jars.
- Pour marinade with spices so that it completely covers the contents of the jar. Lightly cover them with seaming covers.
- Take a towel, put it on the bottom of a large pot, and put the jars and contents on it so that they do not touch each other. Cover them with sterilized seaming covers.
- Pour the contents with hot water if the marinade cans are still hot, or cold if the marinade is cold.
- Bring water to a boil and “boil” seaming for 15 minutes( if the banks are half-liter), 25 minutes( liter) and 35 minutes( 3 liter).
- Carefully remove the jars, put them on a dry surface, close them with sterile caps and roll them tightly with the key. Place the container upside down on a flat surface and wrap with a blanket or blanket. After the banks have cooled down - place them in a dark cool storage room.
The temperature of the water to be poured in should be almost the same as the temperature of the contents in the cans. Otherwise, banks may burst from a sharp temperature drop.
Thus, it is possible to marinate beets for the whole winter. To do this, use small roots, which will be conveniently placed in the narrow neck of cans and bottles. They are also boiled in the peel, but for a longer time, then cleaned and poured marinade. Whole pickled beets are convenient to use. It can be cut in any way at its discretion - into cubes, slices, ringlets, slices, straws.
Beetroot marinated in the winter in cans is a magic wand during the reception of unexpected guests, as a quick tasty snack, and in the process of preparing other various dishes.
Read also: Gentle stuffed cabbage made from beetroot leaves
Beetroot in marinade can be hot, sweet, sour, spicy, and even hot. It is worth experimenting with the addition of sugar, vinegar and spices and the result will be a completely new dish. For the preparation of sweet pickled beets in the marinade is better to add honey, instead of sugar, as well as cinnamon, cardamom, lemon zest or orange. For a more sour, but milder taste, use lemon juice, rice or apple vinegar. For spice it is worth trying to add ginger, garlic, chili pepper or mustard, depending on personal preferences. If you want a more spicy flavor, rosemary, coriander, cumin, basil and dill will help out.
Instant pickled beets
There are various methods and methods of pickling beets. But in a saturated rhythm of life there is not always time for a long, thorough and energy-intensive process.
For quick preparation of pickled beets will need:
- per 1 kg of beets;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 150 ml of refined vegetable oil;
- 60 ml of vinegar;
- for a pinch of coriander, black and allspice( optional);
- 40 g salt;
- 80 gr sugar.
- Peel the raw beets and grate( or cut into thin strips).
- Heat the vegetable oil with the spices.
- Mix grated beets with garlic, pressed through the press, salt and sugar.
- Pour in warm spicy oil.
- Add vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Leave the beets to stand at room temperature overnight. After - put in the fridge infuse for 5-6 hours.
Read also: A few simple recipes for tasty baking beets in the oven
For cooking pickled beets, it is usually pre-boiled. But there is another way to heat treatment, which will preserve the maximum beneficial properties of the root. This is baking. Vegetable peel and cut into thin circles. At this time, you need to warm the oven to 200 degrees. Cover the parchment with a baking sheet and lay out the prepared slices. Top - slightly sprinkle with vegetable oil and sprinkle with spices( pepper, rosemary, thyme).Do not salt! Otherwise, the salt will pull out all the moisture, resulting in beetroot chips. Bake for about 15 minutes, remove from the oven, cool.
Marinate such a product is better with a mixture of lemon juice( 0.5 lemon) with zest( 1 lemon), 100 ml of warm vegetable oil, 50 ml of rice or apple vinegar. To store - in the banks cleared by soda under a kapron cover in the refrigerator.
Georgian pickled beets
in Georgian If you want a more rich savory taste “with pepper”, Georgian beets will be the most suitable recipe for its preparation. For this, the vegetable is also boiled, cleaned and cut into slices. For marinating a large amount of chopped greens( parsley, dill, coriander and, certainly, cilantro) and 1-2 red onions are mixed with a pair of garlic cloves, bay leaves, black pepper and 3 tbsp.lGeorgian tkemali sauce. Mix all the ingredients, prisalt, if desired, pour with vegetable oil. Mix beets with the resulting mixture and let it brew for about half an hour. After - you can serve the finished dish to the table. Enjoy your meal!