- not only the familiar tasty vegetable, but also a storehouse of vitamins and microelements, so necessary for our body in the winter. How to make so that healthy fruits can be enjoyed all year round?
There are no problems with conservation. Zucchini can be salted, dried, frozen, pickled, make caviar or even jam. But how to keep vegetables fresh without losing taste and benefit? What varieties of zucchini are suitable for long-term storage? What fruits will be the most "lezhky"?Let's see!
- It is sown in May-June in open ground, ready to be collected after forty-five to fifty days( in July-September).
- The plant forms a large, highly branched shrub.
- Ripe vegetable has a cylindrical shape, smooth surface of light green or white color.
- The fruit can weigh from seven hundred grams to one and a half kilograms.
- The yield is up to eight kilograms per square meter.
- The variety is cold-resistant, but for a bountiful harvest, generous watering, regular loosening and dressing are necessary.
Read also: Grushenka Gooseberry - planting and care
Sort "Festival F1"
- Filled in June in open ground, ready to harvest in fifty to fifty five days( in September).
- The plant forms a compact bush with small leaves.
- The fruit has a rounded shape and a smooth, striped peel. Gamma - a combination of white, black, shades of yellow and green.
- A ripe vegetable usually weighs from six grams to a kilogram.
- The yield of the variety is about six kilograms per square measure.
- The variety is loved by gardeners for their original coloring and excellent taste. In addition, the fruits during storage do not darken and do not deteriorate for a very long time.
- Crop is planted from late May to mid-June in open ground or greenhouse, the technical ripeness of the fruit occurs fifty days after the emergence of the seedlings.
- The plant forms a compact bush with a small number of lashes.
- The fruit has an elongated cylindrical shape, smooth and very thin skin. The color of the ripe fruit is dark green.
- A vegetable usually weighs about a kilogram( occasionally its weight can reach one and a half kilograms).
- The yield of a variety is approximately seven kilograms per square measure.
- The plant is resistant to various diseases, and the fruits for a long time retain nutritional value.
Read also: Sweet berry - cherry Turgenevka
- Sown in late May - early June, technical maturity comes in thirty-eight - fifty two days.
- The plant forms thick lashes with large leaves.
- Vegetable has a pear-shaped, smooth, but dense skin. The color of the ripe fruit varies from yellow to light orange.
- Fruit weight can reach one and a half kilograms, but more often it is about nine hundred grams.
- Variety is demanding of the degree of humidity and light. The larger they are, the greater the yield. Sometimes it can be up to eight - nine kilograms per square meter.
- The fruits are distinguished by extremely juicy and fragrant bright orange pulp.
Arlika F1 Grade
- A variety is sown in June, ready to harvest in forty to forty-two days.
- The plant is compact, with large erect leaves.
- Vegetable has a cylindrical shape, smooth skin. The color of the ripe fruit is usually yellowish to light green.
- The fruit weighs from seven hundred and fifty to nine hundred grams.
- Harvest ranges from five to six kilograms per square meter.
- The variety needs regular hilling and abundant watering. Under favorable conditions, bears fruit for a long time.
Read also: Maturity of potatoes
Variety “Yellow fruit”
- Sown in mid-June, harvested forty-five to fifty days after the first shoots appear.
- Bush with thick lashes, but almost without leaves.
- The fruit has a cylindrical shape, perfectly smooth skin. The ripe vegetable is always colored bright yellow, sometimes there is an orange pattern in the form of a fine-meshed net.
- Fruit weight varies from eight hundred to nine hundred grams.
- With good growing conditions, you can get a great harvest - up to eighteen kilograms per square meter.
- In order to achieve an impressive result, the plant must be watered abundantly and regularly fed.
- Sown in early June, the technical maturity of the fruit comes after thirty-eight - forty-three days.
- The bush is compact, with thick lashes, large leaves. Often there are much more female flowers than male ones.
- The fruit is elongated-cylindrical, with a dense smooth surface. The color of the vegetable is different within the gradient from dark green to almost black.
- Fruit weight ranges from seven hundred and fifty grams to a kilogram.
- It is noteworthy that you can collect up to ten kilograms per plant per season.
- The grade possesses excellent tastes, and also is extremely harvest.
How to care for zucchini - video