Unusual properties of aukuba - the influence of a plant on people's livesOf the three existing plant varieties - Chinese, Himalayan and Japanese, it was the latter that became domesticated in the expanses of the fatherland. Shrub has excellent decorative properties, simply multiplies with the help of seeds. You can find a plant in the garden and in the greenhouse form.
Eastern and Central Asia are considered to be the birthplace of aucuba. The height of the shrub can reach 1.5-2 meters at home, and if you grow aukubu in open soil, then even 5 meters. There are several varieties of Japanese aucuba, which differ in size, shape and color of foliage. But in most cases, the plant can be recognized by the leaves - a bright, glossy, elongated shape with a scattering of pale yellow spots. Hence the second name of the culture - the golden tree aukuba.
The glossy evergreen is valued for its ease of care, as well as several positive qualities:
- is resistant to low and high temperatures, to sharp drops;
- ability to comfortably exist in low light conditions of the room;
- preservation under any conditions of external attractiveness.
Japanese aukuba is a dioecious plant - that is, one shrub can only be male or female flowers. In order to grow fruits that are outwardly similar to dogwood, you need to keep nearby individuals of both sexes.
Home care for aukuba Japanese
Flower pretty unpretentious. Therefore, you can place a pot of Japanese aukuba among other green counterparts on a close sill, under sunlight or even in a dark place. But certain rules of care will still be useful to know:
- Temperature. Though the bush is ready for degree variations, it likes a temperate climate. For the summer season, the best indicator on a thermometer for aukuba will be 18-20 °.A long existence in a room with a high temperature will lead to the death of the leaves or their premature tarnishing. In the warm period, the home flower aukubu can be taken out into the fresh air, avoiding direct sunlight, precipitation, and wind. In winter, comfortable conditions for the existence of a flower 8-14 °.Do not contain for a long time aukubu at a temperature below 5 °.
- Humidity. For plants whose homeland is subtropics, an appropriate climate should be ensured. Occasionally you need to ventilate the room, spray the plant only in case of emergency. This is a photo of a well-kept Japanese aucuba at home, which does not require additional moisture: In the heating season, when the dwelling is filled with dry air, spray the plant with warm soft water. At low temperatures, make sure that the leaves do not form mold from spraying water.
- Soil. It will be best to feel aukuba in loose and airy soil. Good conditions are created for a flower in hydroponics, as well as when combining peat, sheet, sod-clay soil and sand in a ratio of 2: 2: 6: 1.
- Watering. In the cold period, Japanese aukubu should be watered as needed when the soil dries. In the warm season, the flower needs abundant and regular watering, but without fanaticism - the excess liquid in the pot should not accumulate.
- Feeding. Fertilize evergreen flower is necessary in spring and summer. For these purposes, use separately mineral and organic fertilizers or complex additives.
- Trimming. Growing at home, aucuba releases many new shoots. In the spring they should be cut off, if you want to see a beautiful crown in the bushes. For some decorative, a sprawling plant will look more attractive - for this edge of the branches, you need to pinch.
- Transplant. A full-grown adult plant is allowed to replant to another container every few years. Young shoots that the plant starts up regularly can be transplanted at least every year in spring.
When taking care of and transplanting a plant, precautions must be taken, since aucuba is a poisonous shrub. Possible side effects: vomiting, inflammation of the digestive tract, diarrhea.
Aukuba flower propagation
Aukuba breeding options exist 2:
- seed method;
- method of grafting.
Read also: What you need to know when growing ipomeyu at home in a pot
For home conditions, the second vegetative method is most simple and convenient. The best periods for events are spring( beginning) or the end of summer-beginning of autumn.
Read also: Diseases and pests of hoya - a brief description and photo of
First you need to prepare the cuttings, clean them from foliage, leaving only 2-3 leaves, no more.
In order for the shrub to take root, it is necessary to place it in a sand-peat mixture or moderately moist sand, covered with foil.
From time to time young shoots need to be aired and sprayed, to maintain an optimum temperature for them( 20-22 °).Rooted seedlings can be swoop down in pots.
Read also: Two ways to grow rhubarb by Victoria seeds
Unusual properties of aucuba - the influence of a plant on people's livesTo this day, the bush is considered the strongest guardian of peace in the family and family relationships. Aukuba creates such a “microclimate” in a house where people living in it feel the unity and unity of their families. Positive energy is transmitted from the flower not only to residents, but also to visitors to the house.
Another feature of the flower is the ability to attract wealth and happiness to the house. A man caring for a plant is able to find in himself more strength, confidence, to discover potentials that have not been derived before. Therefore, experts always recommend giving aukubu modest, shy, complex-minded and insecure people.
Aukuba's unique properties - video