Contents of the article:
The capricious Maranth care at home requires special. Tropikanku appreciate the beauty of the leaves. Place the flower in the bedroom. It absorbs negative energy, closes it in a sheet rolled up into a tube, providing a good night’s sleep. It is noticed where the maranth lives; there are no scandals and large quarrels. Charm FlowerThe plant does not carry the poison, not dangerous to others.
Maranta care at home, types and photos
A low arrowroot bush is valued for the beauty of iridescent leaves. If there is not enough light, the bush lifts the leaves up and closes, like a praying man's palm. Hence the name - the prayer plant. The back of the sheet is red. Twice a day the flower changes the general background. Under normal lighting, the leaves are located horizontally, on the elegant patterned surface you can look endlessly.
Indians used arrowroot juice as an antidote in the treatment of wounds with poisoned arrows. The plant itself is considered harmless.
Flexible stem can not uprightly hold several heavy sheets vertically. Therefore, with age, the flower spreads along a stand or is grown as an ampelous culture. You can organize support and help the plant to place the leaves so that they are all in the diffuse light flux.
It is clear that all the beauty of a plant is in its healthy leaves. Save their main care amateur. This is not at all easy, given the demands of the arrowroot for care. In addition, this plant - sissy. The flower is easily infected with diseases and it is inhabited by a mass of insect pests. Types of arrowroot differ in color and shape of flowers, but they all have beautiful leaves.
How to take care of the arrowroot at home
A tropical plant in nature settled under the thick canopy of trees, close to the flowing streams. Therefore, it grows in diffused light, from the forest substrate below is always humid air, and the flowing stream creates moderate soil moisture. These are the conditions you need to create a flower arrowroot when you care at home.
- Proper lighting is easy to create. Maranth can be placed in the back of the room, but so that there is enough light. The flower does not tolerate direct sunlight, and the light is for its good. If you are not pleased with the lighting, the leaves will prompt. In the shade they lose the sharpness of the lines, grow dull.
- A heat-loving plant in summer requires a temperature of 20-25 degrees, in winter 18. But even a cold stand and a small draft will leave their mark on the leaves.
- Water the plant only with soft water at room temperature. The frequency of watering depends on the state of the earth clod. It should dry up a little between the watering. In winter, the plant is moistened 2 times a week, and one watering can be replaced by spraying the leaves. Moistening for arrowroot is a favorite treatment. To create the desired climate near the plant must always be a lake with water - a saucer or aquarium. A pallet with pebbles and sphagnum moss, as always, will help a grower where there is dry air.
- Fertilizing a plant is necessary, but moderately. Maranta does not tolerate overfeeding, especially with nitrogen fertilizers. One gram per liter of water standard fertilizer for ornamental plants is enough in the summer. Fertilize after watering 2 times a week.
- Trimming arrowroot done in two ways. If the bush is launched and there are a lot of ugly leaves on it, you need to cut the greens at the root and put them in a dark place. Water moderately. From the root will go a new growth, there is an opportunity to correct the care of arrowroot at home. You can cut the leaves with cuttings and root them in the same pot, for the pomp of the bush.
If you follow the proposed methods of care for the flower, it will delight with its appearance and even bloom, which is rarely at home.
It is important to know that the arrowroot transplant is made in the spring, in a year. In this case, the bowl is chosen wide, the roots of the flower are superficial.
At this time, gently damaged leaves are removed, they inspect the root system, and if necessary, divide the bush for reproduction. It is necessary to divide the root carefully, take care of arrowroot like a baby. On each separated nodule there should be 2-3 dormant buds. After the transplantation is completed, the leaves need to be cut off and wait for the flower to revive.
Drainage in a pot consists of broken pots, expanded clay, brick chips, pieces of charcoal. The bulk layer should be at least 5 cm. The substrate can be bought in the store, or you can cook it yourself:
- peat - 2 parts;
- humus 1 part;
- leaf ground - 4 parts;
- sand - 1 part.
The addition to the substrate of chopped moss sphagnum, bark and earth from coniferous trees, crumbs of charcoal with the remains of ash on them is welcomed. The more components, the easier the soil.
Signs of improper care at home for an arrowhead
The plant quickly responds to the wrong content by changing the type of sheets. If you study the signals, you can quickly correct the mistakes and the bush for a long time will delight with beauty. The main SOS are modified leaves, they are:
- turn yellow;
Yellowing leaves indicate that the flower does not receive its portion of water through watering or leaves. But if the leaves have yellow spots, then the blame of the sun, which fell on the leaf and burned it. Maybe you unacceptably lowered the temperature and froze the plant or blew it with a draft.
Arrantum plant is under the auspices of Aquarius. It promotes the resorption of blood clots, soothes, plays the role of a barometer. Before the rain, she raises leaves up.
If arrowroot leaves began to dry out from the edges, remember how long ago you fed the plant, how much water you water. Hardness salts that form scale on the kettle also clog the ducts of the plant. Rare watering, excessive drying of the soil will give the same reaction.
The leaves twisted - the plant is cold and it has shrunk. Maranta does not have enough water, and she hides the remnants of evaporation, so she twisted the sheet into a tube.
Only with insufficient care for a moisture-loving plant, a spider mite can start on it. If the colony has not yet gained strength, the plant can be saved. Yellowed leaves must be burned with wildlife.
The energy of Mars, the Sun and Mercury joined in the maranta. During the day, it absorbs the energy of aggression. At night, the Moon rules, and the raised leaves protect the rest of the sleeper. Maranta makes a person more open and sociable. Wishing you happiness, present the arrowroot to your friends!