Every gardener wants to have a well-groomed and beautiful lawn on his plot, but sometimes grebes on the lawn spoil this dream. The appearance of fungi on the lawn causes either too damp earth, or too acidic soil. At the same time, the quality of the soil in which the mushrooms grow is always at an altitude, as the mushrooms do not survive in an unhealthy or little favorable environment. Everything would be fine, however, the mushrooms emit such substances during growth, the excess of which affects the soil and causes bald spots on the lawn. Mushrooms multiply by spores, which move through the air and, falling on the soil, infect it, causing darkening of the plots. Further, these areas are overgrown with mushrooms. If you clean the soil in time, then there will be no problems with the appearance of mushrooms.
There are the most simple and affordable methods of lawn care that are affected by mushrooms:
- Reduce the amount of watering to avoid excess soil moisture. Dampness can also be caused by excessive shadow on the lawn, so take the trouble to thin trees or shrubs that may cause shade.
- Freedom from mushrooms, carry out manually, very carefully, so as not to provoke the spread of fungal spores. This can be done with a small knife, you need to hold the mushrooms, cut them and put them in a bucket or other deep container.
- Clean the lawn from foliage and other biodegradable debris, which provides a favorable environment for the growth of fungi. Fallen leaves not only spoils the aesthetic appearance of the lawn, but also has a positive effect on the growth of the mycelium. Use a rake or any other tool for this.
- Be sure to get rid of old stumps, on which toadstools very often appear. There are many methods of getting rid of stumps and old roots, ranging from chemical to mechanical.
- In the fall, wake the lawn with sand. At the same time choose the sand of the smallest size of grains.
In addition to the above methods, there are a number of more complex procedures for getting rid of fungi on the lawn:
- Soil aeration. This procedure is carried out in several ways. For manual work in the garden, a special rake for aeration is enough; if your lawn occupies a large area, then for greater efficiency it is worth buying an electric or gasoline aerator. This procedure should be carried out after every third trimming lawn. During the aeration process, submerge the teeth by no more than ten centimeters. Scarification should be done at the beginning and at the end of the season( spring, autumn).
- Application of fertilizers. Treat the soil with organic fertilizers and antiseptics, which will greatly help in the care of the soil. The solution of copper sulphate will be most suitable for the fertilizer process: dilute 20 grams of powder to 10 liters of water. Spray the lawn with this composition a maximum of once a month.
Important! Remember that the removal of fungi by aggressive chemicals will lead to the deterioration of lawn grass and reduce the quality of the soil. This may affect further care.
In addition, many experts in the field of agriculture, advised to get rid of the top layer of the earth at ten centimeters, which will help get rid of the mycelium, which is the breeding ground of all the mushrooms on your lawn. Keep in mind that after such a procedure, you will have to update the sowing of grass, but you should not hope for this method on this method, as the mycelium can grow into the soil by 50 centimeters or more.
Good luck in the fight for a clean and well-groomed lawn!