Baycox is a necessary preparation for every experienced and beginner rabbit breeder in the treatment of various infectious diseases. Rabbits, like other pets, are susceptible to many infections, which are fatal to offspring. Therefore, in order to protect their offspring from death and infection with dangerous diseases, it is necessary to provide the necessary treatment. And this will help drug baykoks. You can learn about the methods of use, how to use it correctly and under what diseases, from the detailed instructions of this tool.
Table of contents
- Why is bikoks used for rabbits?
- Composition and release form of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Instructions for use of the drug
- How to use
- for babies How to use
- for adults Do not forget about the preventive measures
- rules for storagerabbits?
Baycox is an agent that is often used to treat poultry and rabbits to combat many infectious diseases. It is included in the group of drugs that have anticoccidian action. During the use of funds included in this group, there is a direct effect on the shell of pathogens of infections and their shell is instantly destroyed.
Baikoks must be present in the first-aid kit of each rabbit breeder, because this preparation is able to eliminate infections, both at the initial stage and at the advanced stage. The most dangerous disease that helps this remedy is called coccidiosis.
The causative agents of this disease are Aimeria or coccidia .This infection presents a high health risk to rabbits. Currently, there are 8 varieties of this disease, the pathogens of which mainly affect the intestinal region, and are parasitic in the ducts of the liver and gall bladder.
Symptoms that characterize this infection:
- Slow and depression ;
- The rabbit can for a long time be in the corner without moving ;
- Bad and complete lack of appetite ;
- Weight Loss ;
- Slowing the growth of and development;
- The mucous membranes become yellow ;
- Fur becomes dim and disheveled.
The duration of the incubation period for disease is 2 to 3 days. During this period, it is necessary to immediately treat animals.Coccidiosis is difficult and in frequent cases, the infected rabbit cannot be saved. For this reason, there are all sorts of measures to prevent and protect against the occurrence of infection of this species.
The drug Baykoks is effective in the treatment of coccidiosis. It affects coccidia and resistant strains. The main advantage of the drug during its use is that it does not prevent from the natural development of immunity .In addition, it is well tolerated by rabbits. Even if the dosage of this tool is increased several times, the animals do not have side effects.
Composition and release form of the drug
The preparation contains the main component toltrazuril, this substance is derived from triazinone. This component is contained in a special solvent. Available in two forms, - with an active ingredient concentration of 2.5% and with a concentration of 5%.The drug with a dosage of 5% has a high concentration of the active ingredient and it is given to animals in pure form.
Available in the form of solution, which has a colorless structure. The solution has no specific odors, which are usually peculiar to this type of product. Baykoks is packaged in bottles of 10 ml and in bottles with a volume of 1 liter. In veterinary pharmacies, often the drug is sold in ampoules of glass base, which have a volume of 1 ml. Sometimes in some veterinary clinics and clubs, this tool can be sold on tap.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The active component of the drug baycox toltrazuril is highly effective against all kinds of coccidia :
In addition, has a direct effect on the parasites , which are resistant to anti-anticide drugs. Toltrazuril has an immediate effect on coccidia and destroys their shell, which as a result causes their development and death to stop. Removal of the drug occurs through the kidneys along with the urine unchanged. Sometimes partially excreted with feces.
Instructions for use of the drug
How to use for kids
Often Baikoks are used for young individuals. This is due to the fact that the drug helps to cure coccidiosis in the early stages of , and is used for prophylactic treatment to prevent the occurrence of infectious diseases. Young animals in the first month of life have a weak immune system and poor body resistance to many infections.
In addition, unlike other drugs, baycox does not cause side effects and does not adversely affect young individuals.
Ameria or coccidia mainly affects young animals between two weeks and two months. Coccidiosis in young rabbits is much more complicated than in adult animals. It is important to determine the disease in the first stage of the appearance of .In 90% of cases, the treatment of coccidiosis in young animals is effective.
Main symptoms to pay attention to:
Coccidiosis in rabbits is mainly transmitted through water and feed. In addition, small baby rabbits can become infected through an infected mother's milk. The incubation period lasts from 2 to 3 days. Therefore, during this period, treatment with the help of the drug Baykoks appears!
- weakness and lethargy;
- Disheveled fur ;
- The yellowness of the mucous membranes ;
- Body Loss ;
- Bad appetite .
Rules of use of the drug Baykoks:
Rabbit bumakoks is given no earlier than 21 days after their birth. During this period, their body weight should be at least 400-500 grams.
- If you use drug with a dosage of 2.5% , then it is diluted with water for drinking;
- The dose of should not exceed 7 mg per 1 kilogram of body weight;
- In order not to be mistaken, it is possible to add 1 ml of preparation per 10 liters of ;
- Rabbits should be watered with a solution of throughout the day;
- Every day is diluted with a new solution ;
- Treatment continues until complete disappearance of coccidiosis ;
- If an drug is used with a dosage of 5% , it should be given immediately by mouth. It is not diluted in water.
How to use for adults
For adults, as well as for young animals, baykox is used both for the treatment of coccidiosis and for prophylaxis to prevent and protect individuals from this infection.
The rules for taking bikox are similar to those for taking in young stock:
- Preparation with a dosage of 2.5 is diluted in water for drinking;
- At 1 kilogram of animal weight, the dose of the drug is 7 mg or . 1 ml of medication is added to 1 liter of water;
- This solution of rabbits is given all day to ;
- Treatment is carried out by until the complete disappearance of the disease ;
- If an medicine is used with a dosage of 5% , it is given immediately to the animal's mouth. It is not recommended to dilute it with water.
Do not forget about the preventive measures
Be sure to follow the measures of prevention :
- with the baikox treatment: A large number of individuals cannot be contained in one cage. The optimal number in one cage - 25 rabbits;
- Constantly carry out cleaning of places of contents ;
- Be sure to clean the entire litter , often through it individuals become infected with coccidiosis;
- Flush feeders and drinkers. Constantly change water ;
- Avoid increased dampness of in the cage;
- It is not recommended that observe sharp temperature drops and drafts are observed in the rabbitry;
- Mandatory monitor the quality of feed. It is desirable to acquire high-quality feed mixtures with a high content of vitamins. You should not give too much protein. All grass and vegetables should be fresh.
Rules for storage of the drug
The storage period for the bikoksa with a concentration of 2.5% and 5% should be no more than 3 months. However, many experienced breeders say that with proper storage, the tool does not lose its properties and retains its effect for up to six months. Store at room temperature at 25 degrees Celsius above zero, but in a dark, dry place, protected from ultraviolet radiation and not accessible to children. Apply means should be 1 time in 6 months.
This tool belongs to the class of non-hazardous drugs. While taking the drug in high doses, it does not have an increased toxic effect of on the organism of animals. Even if you take the drug in a dosage that is 10 times the recommended dose, there are no side effects.
Contraindications Experts recommend caution in giving Baycox in conditions of rabbits to pregnant females and during lactation. In general, is well tolerated by animals. does not affect immunity and health. In addition, during the reception is not disturbed natural microflora of the stomach and intestines.
The cost of the drug
Since Baykoks is a highly effective means that can save entire offspring during an outbreak of the epidemic by almost 100%, its cost is high. The drug with a concentration of 2.5% volume per liter costs from 3300 rubles to 3500. The price of a medicine with a concentration of 5% is even higher - for 250 ml it is from 2200 to 2500 rubles.
Baikoks for rabbits must be present for every rabbit breeder. It is worth remembering that rabbits are rather weak animals, and they are often exposed to infection with various infections. Especially often they become infected with coccidiosis , and this is a very dangerous disease. He is able to cure only Baykoks, but in the early stages. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully monitor your household and observe the necessary care.