Breeding rabbits is a laborious and painstaking process , which requires great responsibility and attention.
These animals, despite their high performance, are often exposed to diseases. Often infections lead to the death of the entire livestock rabbit family.
Therefore, to avoid this, it is important to provide timely treatment and preventive measures with the use of various drugs.
Often for the treatment and prevention of infectious lesions in rabbits the drug Trisulfon is used.
You can find out how to use this medicine and for which diseases to use, from the detailed instructions for this tool.
- trisulfona Contents: Instructions for Use
- release form of the drug as a medicine
- powder in suspension
- Pharmacological action
- absorption and excretion
- How to apply?
- For kids
- dosage and side effects Contraindications
- Reviews breeders
trisulfona: instructions for use
This medicine is widely used in the veterinary area for treating rabbits and poultry. This tool is included in the group of drugs of combined chemotherapeutic type, which have a wide area of exposure.
During the reception, the components of the detrimental effect on the pathogens, destroy the shell, stop the development and lead to their death.
Trisulfon is used to treat and prevent diseases of the digestive system, respiratory and urinary systems of animals.
You may be interested in the following articles on the topic of rabbits:
- Instructions for using the drug solikox for rabbits
- How to care for rabbits at home?
- Features of keeping and breeding rabbits at home
In addition, it has an effective effect during preventive treatment after past infectious diseases.
The drug release form
Available in white powder with a free-flowing structure. Means of this type is odorless and soluble in water.
The medicine in this form is contained in packages of 1 kg .The bags are hermetically sealed and made of foil with a laminated structure.
Sometimes you can find powder sold in containers made of plastic material.
Trisulfon in veterinary pharmacies found in the form of a suspension .The structure of the suspension is liquid, medium consistency. A mixture of light or cream color.
It is sold in bottles of brown glass base, the volume of the bottles is 100 ml .Found in containers made of plastic base up to 1 liter.
Medicine in powder form
The drug in powder form is used for internal or oral use. It is used both for the treatment and for the prevention of infectious diseases and diseases of the digestive system, nervous system, respiratory and urinary system.
The following components are included in 1 gram of this product: :
- 40 mg of the main component - sulfamonomethoxin;
- 20 mg of an additional component - lactose monohydrate.
After this time, the active component of the drug is completely its properties.
suspension. The suspension is used for internal or oral ingestion. It is also used for the treatment and preventive measures for infectious lesions and pathologies of the digestive system, respiratory system, nervous system, urinary system.
1 gram of this product contains in the form of the following components:
- 40 grams of the main component — sulfamonomethoxin in the form of sodium salt;
- 8 grams of trimethoprim.
In addition to these components, additional auxiliary components are contained. Auxiliary components include the following components:
- cellulose in microcrystalline form;
- sodium carboxymethyl cellulose;
- twin 80;
- sorbitol solution 70%;
- sugary sodium;
- benzyl alcohol;
- demineralized water.
After this period, the main component loses its effect.
suspension. Pharmacological action
Trisulfone is a part of the group with the complex antibacterial action .The active component of this agent, sulfamonometoksin, has a wide area of exposure.
During exposure, this substance has a destructive effect on the following microbes:
- on other bacteria of the simplest type - Coccidia and Toxoplasma gondi.
According to the structure, sulfamonometoxin has the similar properties of with the structure of para-aminobenzoic acid. It causes a violation of the synthesis of dihydrofolic acid in cells of the bacterial type, as a result of which it leads to the prevention of para-aminobenzoic acid from entering the bacterium cell molecule.
The second active component, trimethoprim, causes to increase the effect of sulfamonometoxin, which ultimately causes a disturbance in the reduction of dihydrofolic acid to tetrahydrofolic acid.
During the combined action, observed a violation of folic acid synthesis in two successive stages.
This causes a violation of the nucleotide synthesis , which causes the synergistic bactericidal effect of the sulfonometoxin and trimethoprim complex.
Absorption and Excretion
The active ingredients - sulfamonometoxina and timetrym have a fast and good absorption of the gastrointestinal tract.
Excretion of these components is carried out by the kidneys along with urine and bile. They are displayed in unchanged form.
Trisulfone is used during the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases. Veterinary specialists prescribe the use of this drug to rabbits for the treatment of the following diseases:
- diseases of the digestive system;
- airway lesions;
- pathologies of the genitourinary system;
- rhinitis infectious nature.
How to apply?
Infants Trisulfon used for the treatment and prevention of infectious lesions of , as well as pathologies of the digestive system, nervous system, respiratory system of the genitourinary system.
The main thing is to properly follow the dosage of and the rules for using the drug:
- Trisulfone is given to the rabbit by ingestion in a group way, depending on the type of medicine.
- While using the product as a powder, it is added in a dosage of 8 grams of powder per 1 liter of water.
- Then the rabbits during the day are drunk with this solution.
- Powder can be added to feed mixtures.
- Powder treatment lasts 5 days.
- If a suspension is given, its reception nuances are different. In coccidiosis, 1 ml of suspension is added to 1 liter of water. The course of treatment is from 3 to 5 days.
- For other pathologies and infections - 1 ml of the suspension is given for 32 kilograms of body weight of animals. The course of treatment lasts from 3 to 5 days.
Treatment of young rabbits with Trisulfone begins at the age of 1 month or more. .
Warning: in order for the treatment to be effective and lead to a positive result, it is necessary to strictly follow the rules for taking the medicine. It is not recommended to skip a dose, it is necessary to observe the mode of keeping animals.
For adults, Trisulfone uses for the treatment and prevention of many lesions with an infectious nature, in violation of the work and damage to the organs of the digestive, nervous, respiratory, and urinary systems.
If animals are infected with coccidiosis, salmonellosis, pasteurellosis, colicbacteriosis, staphylococcus, it is important to identify the disease at an early stage. Otherwise, all rabbit offspring may die.
For this reason, closely monitor the rabbits, their behavior and appearance. In addition, they must provide appropriate care and observe the necessary conditions for their maintenance.
How to apply Trisulfon :
- As well as for the young, the medicine is given by the group method. It is taken orally.
- If a treatment is used in powder form, then 8 grams of powder is added to 1 liter of water. Everything is thoroughly stirred.
- With the solution with the medicine, the individuals are drunk during the day. Treatment lasts up to 5 days.
- During coccidiosis, a suspension is given - 1 ml of the suspension is diluted in 1 liter of water. Wash affected animals with this solution. Treatment ranges from 3 to 5 days.
- For other infectious diseases, 1 ml of the suspension is given for 32 kilograms of rabbit body weight. The course of treatment is from 3 to 5 days.
If the slaughter was done earlier, then the meat of this rabbit can be used to feed animals that feed on fresh meat.
Dosage and side effects
In general, if you follow the rules for taking the medicine and its dosages, there are no side effects. This tool belongs to the class of low-risk tools.
Sometimes animals may experience increased sensitivity to the constituent components of Trisulfone.
It is not recommended to use Trisulfon with the following indications :
- Animals that are hypersensitive to the active ingredients of the agent - sulfonometoxin and trimetroprim.
- Hazardous to individuals who have kidney problems.
- It is not recommended to give to pregnant individuals during lactation.
- It is not advisable to combine the tool with local anesthetics.
The cost of the drug Trisulfon in powder form for 1 package of 1 kilogram is about 1700-2000 rubles.
The price for 1 bottle of 100 ml suspension begins from 360 rubles and reaches 400 rubles.
Rabbit breeders reviews
Sergey : “I have been breeding rabbits for a long time. These animals have high fertility, for 1 year one healthy female as a whole brings up to 70-80 rabbits. Yes, and their meat has a high value. But all would be nothing, but these animals often become infected with various infections. In the first year, unknowingly, as a result of an infectious lesion, within a month lost almost 50 heads of offspring. But over time, gained experience and now I know that it is necessary to carry out prevention. Often, when the first symptoms of an infectious disease appear, the rabbits immediately begin to feed the solution with Trisulfone. I mainly use it as a powder. It helps well to cure many diseases and most importantly quickly! I recommend it to everyone! ”
Alexander :“ When I first encountered coccidiosis and salmonellosis in rabbits, I immediately became frightened and did not know how to treat them. A well-known acquaintance who had been breeding rabbits for a long time immediately advised him to use the drug Trisulfon. I purchased the drug in the form of a suspension and started feeding the rabbits according to the instructions. The result exceeded all my expectations. In 5 days, all individuals safely recovered and all symptoms of the disease disappeared completely! ”
Oleg :“ I have been involved in breeding rabbits for 10 years and of course have to deal with various infectious diseases. These animals are often exposed to many infections, which if not rendered during treatment can be fatal. For their treatment, I use the drug Trisulfon. This remedy has an effective effect and can cure a disease in a short period. I use it in the form of powder and suspension, according to the method of action these forms are the same. In addition to treatment, all care rules are complied with and are kept clean in the rabbit housing! ”
This is due to its high efficiency and rapid exposure to infectious agents.
The main thing is to follow the rules for taking of this drug and its dosage. In addition, you should not forget about proper care for your offspring, a balanced diet and the use of vitamins to strengthen their immune system.