Rabbits are often bred in the household, because the meat of these animals has good taste, and their skin has great value. Yes, and in the food, these animals are not quite whimsical. But everything would be fine if it were not for the high susceptibility of rabbits to various infectious diseases. And this happens through inexperience and ignorance of the owner of the farm.
Experienced rabbit breeders are advised to do preventive maintenance for rabbits from the first month of life, you can use baytril as a prophylactic agent. This drug helps to prevent and cure infectious diseases. So at what indications should be used? How to give young and adult individuals? Let's consider the detailed instructions of this tool.
Table of contents
- What is baytril used for?
- Composition and release form of the drug
- Pharmacological properties of the drug
- Instructions for use of the drug
- How to use
- for babies How to give the drug to adults
- Side effects
Why use bydril?
Baytril is a medicine that belongs to a universal type of drugs used to treat various diseases in rabbits with an infectious course. This antimicrobial drug has a wide range of effects. It can be used both for the treatment and for the prevention of the prevention of the appearance of infections.
Baytril is indicated for the following infectious diseases:
- For the treatment of myxomatosis ;
- Infectious respiratory injuries ;
- Infectious stomach diseases and intestines;
- Infectious lesions of the genitourinary system ;
- For treatment of pneumonia with a bacterial or enzootic character;
- When rhinitis atrophic type;
- In other infectious pathologists, , which are caused by pathogens with a high level of sensitivity to fluoroquinolones. In case of diseases with a mixed nature and infections of the secondary type that have arisen during diseases of the viral type.
Composition and release form of the drug
The main component of the drug is enrofloxacin.
In , depending on the dosage, 1 ml of Baytril preparation contains:
- With a dosage of 2.5%, contains 25 mg of enrofloxacin;
- With a dosage of 5% - 50 mg of enrofloxitsin;
- With a dosage of 10% - 100 mg of enrofloxitsin.
The composition contains additional components:
- Potassium hydroxide;
- ethyl alcohol;
- Water for injection.
Regardless of dosages, Baytril is available in the form of an solution with a light yellow color that has a transparent structure. Sterile. Available in bottles of 100 ml of brown glass base. The bottles are placed in a pack of cardboard. marking is present on the packaging and bottles. The marking consists of the name of the product, manufacturer, address, serial number, date of issue, indications of storage conditions( from 5 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius above zero), indications of shelf life( usually not more than 3 years), TU.Instructions are necessarily enclosed in packing. After opening the medicine is stored for 28 days, but not longer.
Pharmacological Properties of
The main component of the drug is enroflaksitsin. This substance is in the group of fluoroquinolones. It has a wide spectrum of antimicro-plasma and antibacterial effects on infectious agents. When ingested, it leads to the suppression of the growth and development of bacteria. These bacteria include the following microorganisms:
The principle mechanism of action of the main component is based on the effect of the enzyme gyrase with inhibited activity on the replication of the DNA helix, which is located in the nucleus of the bacterial cell.
During the injection of , the medicine is quickly absorbed into all tissues and instantly spreads through the body of the animal. The duration of the drug concentration in the blood is 30-40 minutes. The level of therapeutic concentration in the body lasts up to 24 hours. Displays medication kidneys unchanged.
Instructions for use of the drug
How to use
for babies Before you start using baytril, you should pay attention to the symptoms of an infectious disease. Cubs should be given baytril for treating if they have the following symptoms:
- Rabbits become lethargic ;
- Bad or complete lack of appetite ;
- Onset of diarrhea ;
- Individuals sneeze and cough;
- Increased tearing of the eyes ;
- Allocation of from the eyes and nose;
- Rabbits constantly sit motionless in the corner of the cage ;
- Increase in body temperature .To the touch their skin is hot, sometimes even fiery.
Therefore, so that these symptoms do not lead to death, and the disease does not pass into a severe stage, must be given timely treatment with .In addition, the use of baytril helps protect against the appearance of infections, so it can be used for prophylactic treatment.
cage. Before starting treatment, the following must be carried out. Preparative
- Patients with are separated from healthy rabbits. It is best to transplant them into a separate cell;
- The cage, where animals are kept, is well cleaned and watered with hot water ;
- Drinking bowls should be rinsed with , and change the water in them to clean;
- Litter is cleaned in the cells;
- Residues of feed, grass, hay, vegetables are constantly discarded .
How to use baytril to babies:
- The use of baytril for young starts at the age of one month;
- In the presence of infections, the drug is used as an injection of .Because this method provides the greatest absorption of the drug;
- It is better to inject into the back of the thigh of the rabbit ;
- The dose of a medicine with is 5% dosage, for kids is 1-2 mg;
- The course of treatment for is 5 days;
- For prophylactic treatment of , the drug is added to water.5 ml of 10% baitril are added to 10 liters of water. However, this method of application can seriously harm the microflora of the animal.
How to give the drug to adults
Before starting treatment of adult rabbits with with baitril, you should also pay attention to the general condition of the individuals. If you notice that the animals have become less active, they have lost their appetite, their temperature has risen, diarrhea has occurred, then this will be the main signal that your pets have some kind of infectious disease. Immediately take appropriate measures to eliminate them.
It is better to protect your offspring in advance from infection with infections and to carry out prophylaxis with the help of Baitril drug.
Mandatory before starting treatment, carry out the following activities:
- It is better to diseased animals to plant in a separate cage, otherwise they will infect other healthy individuals;
- The cage in which the rabbits are kept is carefully cleaned and cleaned of all rubbish. She poured all over with hot water ;
- The drinkers are all thoroughly washed. I, the water in them should always be clean;
- The remains of feed mixtures, grass, vegetables are periodically cleaned.
How to use b Aytril for adults:
- For adults, is given by the injection of ;
- Insert it should be in the back of the rabbit ;
- In adult rabbit , a 5% preparation is administered at a dosage of 5 mg;
- The course of treatment for should be no more than 5 days;
- As a prophylaxis of , it is added to water, 5 ml of 10% baitril is added per 10 liters.
In general, the medication baytril is tolerated by rabbits well .If you precisely follow the dosage and treatment, there are no side effects. Sometimes while taking the medicine with water, you may observe problems associated with the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, but they quickly pass. This is due to the fact that the components of the drug affect the microflora of the stomach of rabbits.
Baytril rabbits are contraindicated in the following conditions:
- It is not recommended to introduce females during pregnancy and lactation;
- Newborn cubs;
- Animals that have increased sensitivity of to the active ingredient of the drug;
- Individuals with pathology of the nervous system ;
- With Hepatic and Renal Impairment ;
- If there are cartilage lesions of .
It is not recommended to use with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
The average cost of in many veterinary pharmacies of one 100 ml bottle of Baytril with dosages of 2.5% and 5% ranges from 260 rubles to 380 rubles. The cost of the drug per bottle of 100 ml with a dosage of 10% is from 600 rubles to 770 rubles.
The use of baytril for the treatment and prevention of various infectious diseases in rabbits should be carried out according to the instructions. It is advisable to use it once a year to protect your offspring from the defeat of various dangerous infectious diseases. Also, do not forget to observe the correct conditions of animals during the treatment. Food during this period should contain the necessary vitamins to enhance the immune system of animals.