Bird-cherry belongs to those garden crops that are most often grown in order to independently evaluate its healing properties.
Since ancient times, people have used it to treat various diseases. In addition, the tree itself is not very whimsical and even a novice gardener will be able to grow it.
In this article, we will discuss the useful properties of the black bird cherry tree, as well as talk about the use of it in traditional medicine.
- Composition of the black cherry tree
- Useful and healing properties of the
- Contraindications for the use of the bird cherry
- The development of the black cherry tree.
- Tincture: fresh and dried fruits
- Applications in cosmetology
The composition of black cherry berries
The chemical composition of bird cherry is very diverse and rich. In addition, nutrients are contained not only in the fruits, but also in the leaves and even in the bark of this wonderful tree.
The following substances are included in the cherry tree:
- essential oils;
- malic and citric acid;
- fruit sugar;
- in fruit pulp contains a lot of vitamin C, P;
- also contains useful macro and trace elements , such as cobalt, manganese, copper, zinc, iron, magnesium;
- separately should be noted pectin, which is a lighter analogue of fiber;
- leaves contain a lot of essential oils, aldehydes and a record amount of vitamin C;
- also in addition to nutrients in the composition of the bird cherry are alkaloids, which, in case of overdose, can be dangerous to the body.
Useful and medicinal properties of
Useful properties of bird cherry are recognized even at the scientific level. The rich chemical composition and a large amount of vitamins explain all its healing properties.
- Tanning substances that make up the berries, have a fixative effect on the intestines. In traditional medicine, these fruits are often used to prepare remedies for diarrhea;
- Pectin is considered to be an analogue of fiber, due to which the bird cherry is capable of improving the functioning of the intestines, the speed and completeness of absorption is normalized, thereby preventing the reproduction of putrefactive bacteria;
- Regular medication from bird berries can strengthen the walls of blood vessels;
- Also, these fruits prevent cholesterol from being absorbed into the bloodstream and help eliminate harmful toxins;
- The rich composition of cherry fruit can have a beneficial effect on the immune system and strengthen the protective functions of the body;
- Properly prepared decoctions and tinctures from the bark and leaves of are an excellent diuretic agent and are used as adjuvants in the treatment of kidneys;
- Prunus can relieve external and internal inflammations. Different parts of the tree are used when skin lesions appear; in addition to their anti-inflammatory action, they contribute to the speedy regeneration of the damaged area;
- Prunus contributes to the secretion of sweat, and, accordingly, excess water begins to quickly leave the body;
- Another wonderful property will be the ability to excrete heavy metal salts from the body;
- Bird cherry is also able to get rid of toothache;
- The decoction of the bark of this tree has antipyretic properties and is very effective in combating high temperatures;
- Men should know that regular use of bird berries helps to eliminate harmful deposits from the urinary system and improves blood circulation in the genitals, , which can lead to increased potency;
- Bird-cherry is used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology. Broths help to get rid of various wounds and inflammations, an excellent rejuvenating effect is also noted after using the mask from this component;
- Regular intake of cherry fruit juice strengthens the nervous system, making a person more stress-resistant.
Contraindications to the use of bird cherry
In addition to the huge number of useful properties, there are some contraindications that should be avoided.
- It is not recommended to use a bird cherry in the presence of an allergy to the components included in its composition;
- Due to the fixing effect, the bird cherry is contraindicated for people prone to constipation;
- It is forbidden to eat bird cherry during pregnancy and during breastfeeding, because toxic substances can be dangerous for a child ;
- Also, such berries should not be consumed by young children under the age of 3 years;
- A sufficiently high amount of fruit sugar makes the bird cherry a forbidden berry for people with type 2 diabetes.
calories per 100 grams of bird cherry have to:
|Calories Proteins Carbohydrates||8,4|
Due to such a low calorie cherry included in the list of products authorized for use during weight loss.
Traditional medicine application
Thanks to its many beneficial properties, bird cherry can often be found in traditional medicine recipes. Various parts of this plant can help with diseases such as:
- sore throat;
- ARVI and ARI;
- nephritis and other kidney diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, for example, hypertension;
- various intestinal infections, including in the presence of diarrhea;
- bird cherry is used as a general tonic that can slow down aging, prevent the appearance of cancer and strengthen the immune system;
- is also used in bird cherry for impotence.
Cherry decoction is used as an adjuvant in many diseases. As a raw material, you can use both berries and bark with leaves, the main thing is to fully comply with recipe.
|Cough, cold, bronchitis and other upper respiratory tract infections|| 10 grams of fresh leaves are poured with 200 grams of boiling water and cooked over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Take this broth should be ½ cup 3 times a day. |
Instead of leaves, you can also use bird cherry( the ingredients are taken in the same proportions), in which case the cooking time should be increased to 30 minutes. After readiness, the broth is decanted back into the glass and topped up with water to the original volume.
|Ulcer and gastritis||10 grams of bird cherry must be dried and crushed, the resulting dust is poured with a glass of water and boiled for 5 minutes, then infused for 50-60 minutes. The resulting broth drink 1 tablespoon 2 times a day.|
|headache 3 times a day before meals you can take a decoction of bird cherry bark.|
| Diseases of the heart and cardiovascular system; |
|3 times take 1 cup of broth from the bird cherry.|
|Indigestion and diarrhea||10 grams of dried fruits of bird cherry pour a glass of water and languish for 10-15 minutes. Take 1 cup per day for 2 times.|
|Conjunctivitis||One tablespoon of dried flowers of the bird cherry is drawn in a glass of boiling water for 20 minutes, then used as a compress.|
|The following remedy has the diuretic and diaphoretic effect||5 grams of bark is boiled for 15 minutes with a glass of water, taken 1 teaspoon three times a day.|
|Improving immunity||You can take a decoction of the leaves of bird cherry for half a cup 4 times a day.|
|Boils, dermatitis and skin ulcers||20 grams of leaves and young branches of bird cherry 30 minutes languishing in a glass of water. Used as compresses or lotions.|
|Angina and ORZ||1 teaspoon of cherry berries is poured with 2 cups of boiling water and infused for 8 hours. Infusion gargle 2-3 times a day.|
Tincture: fresh and dried fruits
Moderate use of bird cherry tincture can help to cope with stress, tone up the body and strengthen the immune system.
From fresh berries:
- 400 grams of berries should be washed and removed all bones;
- Then they are poured with 100 grams of sugar and mixed thoroughly until the berries give juice;
- The mixture is poured with half a liter of vodka, hermetically sealed and cleaned in a warm and dark place for 20 days;
- After this time, the tincture is filtered and cleaned in a refrigerator for storage.
From dried berries:
- 10 tablespoons of the berries are mixed with 8 tablespoons of sugar, then poured with a liter of moonshine and shaken;
- The prepared mixture is cleaned in a dark place with room temperature for 2 weeks;
- Once ready, the infusion is filtered and bottled.
Application in cosmetology
In addition to traditional medicine, bird cherry is actively used in cosmetology to combat various skin diseases.
|Acne rash||To get rid of acne will help the juice of berries of bird cherry, which need to wipe problem areas of the skin.|
|Dermatitis||In order to get rid of the disease, you can drink 60-70 milliliters of bird cherry bark decoction half an hour before meals.|
|Sunburns||A tablespoon of dried cherry flowers is poured with 100 milliliters of vodka and infused for 4 days, after which rub the infusion over the skin.|
|Dry skin and wrinkles||1 tablespoon of flowers is soaked in a glass of boiling water for half an hour, then wipe the face with infusion.|
The composition of the bark, leaves and fruits of bird cherry includes a lot of useful substances and because of this the number of pluses clearly exceeds the number of minuses. But , many experts consider this plant poisonous , so you need to be very careful and fully comply with the dosage when preparing various means of bird cherry.