Pomegranate in the East is called the king of fruits not only for the type of stem in the shape of a crown, but also for its useful and healing properties. Botanist scientists classify pomegranate as a berry. In its dense skin there is from 400 to 900 juicy sour-sweet seeds of red color with stones with a diameter from 9 to 18 centimeters , eaten by the person.
- For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- For colds and viral diseases
- To get rid of parasites
- For weight loss Calorie
pomegranate and its nutritional value
Pomegranate nourishing the human body many nutrients and trace elements, having low calorie. In , 100 grams of fruit contain about 72 calories , and contains 100 grams of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice - all has 64 calories .If one fruit weighs about 200 grams, then eating it all, a person will get only 144 calories, which is useful for people with excess weight.
berry. Despite its low calorie content, pomegranate has a significant nutritional value. 100 grams of grains of pomegranate contains: 14-15 grams of carbohydrates, according to 0.6-0.7 grams of proteins and fats .Pomegranate fruit has a unique set of 15 amino acids, of which 7 are found only in meat, so pomegranate is useful for vegetarians to eat.
Vitamins contained in the pomegranate have a beneficial effect on humans:
- vitamin A is a natural antioxidant;improves eyesight, skin and hair health, affects the condition of bones;
- vitamins of group B are involved in all metabolic processes of the body and relieve chronic fatigue syndrome;
- vitamin E has a beneficial effect on vision and oversees all regenerative processes in the human body;
- vitamin C enhances immunity;
- Vitamin Group PP strengthens the heart muscle and vascular walls, blocks the formation of cholesterol plaques.
Pomegranate is also a mine of trace elements. It contains:
- potassium, magnesium and sodium;
- iron and iodine;
A unique substance is present in the fruit of pomegranate, punicalagen, which is a powerful antioxidant and contains a complex of tannins.
Contraindications and harm to pomegranate
With a large number of useful properties of pomegranate, there are a number of contraindications to its use, which should be considered in order not to harm health.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Pomegranate contains malic, oxalic and citric acid. People who have gastritis with high acidity, and peptic ulcer, pomegranate and its juice can irritate the walls of the stomach and intestines.
- Heartburn. Excessive use of pomegranate increases the secretion of bile juice in the stomach. In the case of increased acidity, this can cause a burning sensation in the esophagus or stomach. To avoid heartburn, it is recommended to drink a glass of pure water before drinking pomegranate. This will reduce the concentration of gastric juice.
- Allergic reactions. Pomegranate for some people is a strong allergen. Even if allergies have not been observed previously, it can be caused by a large use of pomegranates. To avoid allergic reactions you should eat no more than 2 fruits per day.
- Constipation. With weak intestinal peristalsis, a person may have constipation, which is aggravated by the use of pomegranates and its juice due to the presence of a large number of tannins.
- Hemorrhoids and fissures in the anus. Excessive consumption of pomegranate and juice from it can cause irreversible problems and pain when emptying the intestines.
- Diabetes. This disease excludes the consumption of sweet varieties of pomegranate. In this case, you can use half-diluted juice from the acidic varieties of this fruit without adding sugar.
- Low blood pressure. Pomegranate helps lower blood pressure. People with a diagnosis of hypotension should limit themselves to the use of its fruits and pomegranate juice.
- Status of tooth enamel. With weak tooth enamel, the acids contained in the garnet, accelerate its destruction.
Useful properties of pomegranate and its use in traditional medicine
The science and age-old practice of traditional medicine proved that the correct use of pomegranate has a positive effect on most people.
Pulp of pomegranate grains can improve well-being during ailments and even prevent their appearance.
- In diseases of the cardiovascular system, garnet strengthens the heart muscle, the walls of blood vessels and normalizes blood pressure in hypertension.
- It is helpful for people with unhealthy kidneys and gall bladder to have sweet pomegranate in their diets. It is an effective natural diuretic and choleretic agent. It does not flush out potassium from the body, unlike medications.
- Pomegranate is useful for in depleting the body and anemia .It increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- According to research by scientists, the constant use of pomegranate pulp prevents the onset of cancer and removes radiation from the body.
- Estrogens, which are contained in pomegranate, normalize the hormonal balance in women during menopause, reduce menstrual cramps and help get rid of headaches.
- The use of pomegranate by men helps to improve the potency of , and, by accelerating the blood circulation, it has a beneficial effect on erection.
Some people ignore the pomegranate because of the large number of seeds in the fruit and are not aware that they are an effective general tonic and therapeutic agent.
- Grinding pomegranate stones can be used as an natural remedy for headache and to lower blood pressure.
- Grinding the bones and combining them with honey, get an pain killer for severe toothaches .It should be applied to the gum in the form of applications.
- Several pomegranate seeds eaten per day are a good remedy for improving intestinal motility and .
- pomegranate bones help to normalize hormones, so its rich grains should be eaten with pips.
- The use of the ground pomegranate seed increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood .
- Juice made from pomegranate seeds, treat diseases of the kidneys and liver .
After eating a pomegranate, do not throw it peel. Having dried and crushed it, you will get a cure for any health problems that have arisen.
- juice and grains. The pomegranate peel contains alkaloids, which allow to remove worms from the body's .
- Due to its tannin content, the powder from pomegranate peels has strongly astringent properties and is able to cure enterocolitis and diarrhea .
- Powder from the peel is well established as an powder with scratches and cracks in the skin.
- Rinsing made from peel cures stomatitis and bleeding gums .
- Pomegranate peel decoction is good for for colds and gargles for sore throat .
- Rinsing hair with a decoction of pomegranate peel stimulates their growth, gives them a healthy look and shine.
After eating a pomegranate, dry the partitions between the pips. This is how the medicine can be used, which can be used for calming the nervous system in the form of tea brewed from partitions. It will help relieve nervous tension and calm down during stress, anxiety and various disturbances. A decoction of partitions is also effective in the occurrence of diarrhea.
Pomegranate juice is widely used in traditional medicine.
- Patients with viral respiratory diseases and sore throat , pomegranate juice lowers the temperature, relieves cough and contributes to the development of protective functions of the body.
- With burns pomegranate juice diluted with water, reduces pain and irritation of the burned area of the skin.
- People who follow the diet, mixed with pomegranate juice in half, will improve metabolism and stimulate digestion.
- Pomegranate juice contains more antioxidants than green tea. It is necessary to use for people whose robot is exposed to an increased level of radiation .
- Masks with pomegranate juice , made up in equal proportions with sour cream, can remove acne, pigmentation and freckles from the face.
Useful properties are stored in freshly squeezed pomegranate juice. It is not difficult to cook it yourself. To do this, you need to perform a series of consecutive actions. :
- Split the fruit into two equal parts.
- Fill the container with water and drop half of the fruit into it with the bones removed from it.
- When the grains fall to the bottom and the partitions come up, you need to collect them from the surface of the water.
- Drain the water and pass the kernels through a juicer.
Pomegranate in pregnancy and lactation
Doctors often recommend pomegranate and juice from its seeds to pregnant women. This tasty berry can replace a number of medications that can not be taken by expectant mothers with various abnormalities in the course of pregnancy.
- A decrease in hemoglobin is observed in most pregnant women. Due to the presence of the natural mineral iron, pomegranate compensates for its deficiency in the body .
- Many women sweet-sour pomegranate berries help to overcome toxicosis. They remove toxins from the body due to the pectin they contain, which helps to get rid of nausea and vomiting.
- The binding components of pomegranate envelop the stomach and improve the digestive system and the appetite .
- For future mothers, it is not recommended to take medications for headaches. By eating one grenade a day, you can avoid the headache or reduce its intensity.
- Pomegranate strengthens the immunity of , has a tonic effect, thus avoiding viral diseases or reducing their course.
- Future mothers suffering from edema, possessing a diuretic effect of pomegranate, removes excess fluid from the body.
- Pomegranate saturates the diet with complex carbohydrates and fiber, which is necessary for a woman who is late in life and, at the same time, due to low calorie content, does not lead to weight gain.
- Along with meat products, is a source of hemoglobin , which is important for the good development of the child’s circulatory system and the health of a woman.
When you cannot eat a pomegranate pregnant woman
Pomegranate has contraindications that pregnant women need to be aware of. Refrain from ingestion of pomegranate and pomegranate juice or limit their quantity as much as possible if you have :
- heartburn , characteristic of many pregnant women, especially in the last trimester;
- constipation , which expectant mothers often suffer from;
- reduced pressure to avoid a crisis;
- weakened tooth enamel , more susceptible to destruction during pregnancy from acids that are in the composition of the garnet;
- Disease Gastrointestinal ;
- allergy on grenades.
How to eat pomegranate when breastfeeding
A woman who nurses a baby should first of all take into account the baby’s reaction to this fruit so as not to harm its health.
In the subsequent period of lactation, the use of pomegranate can lead :
- to allergic reactions to in a child;
- for constipation in a baby;
- abdominal distention from gas and colic.
At this time, monitor the condition of the child. If he does not have allergies and other negative reactions, you can increase the dose of , bringing it to one fruit per day. However, eating pomegranate every day is not recommended. Prefer freshly squeezed juice, diluted in half with water.
Traditional medicine recipes from pomegranate
From generation to generation, healers have transmitted recipes of traditional medicine using pomegranate from many diseases. We give the most popular ones.
For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
Reduce inflammation of the small and large intestines will help decoction, for the manufacture of which should take : 50 grams of ripe seeds, 20 grams of dried crusts and 200 milliliters of water. This composition is boiled for half an hour on low heat. Cool the broth and use 1 tablespoon 2 times a day.
intestine. Adult people with diarrhea should be ground into powder and taken after meals 3 times a day on a pinch.
Children diluted in half with pomegranate juice and drink 2-3 times a day after a bowel movement. This recipe will help even with dysentery to stop the reproduction of dysenteric sticks and pathogens.
For colds and viral diseases
With angina, pharyngitis and stomatitis a decoction of pomegranate crusts will help. To prepare the decoction, take 20 grams of crushed crusts, which are filled with 200 milliliters of water. Then they are boiled for half an hour, filtered and boiled water is added to the resulting broth, bringing its volume to a glass. Broth rinse throat or mouth.
To get rid of parasites
The bark of the pomegranate tree is an effective remedy for worms. To prepare the medicine, take 40-50 grams of crushed bark and pour with 400 milliliters of with cold water .The resulting composition is infused for 6 hours. Next, it must be boiled over low heat to half the original volume. Broth must be cooled, strain and drink in small doses for an hour. After 1 hour, you need to drink a laxative, and after 4 hours to do an enema.
are used. In this way, a decoction can be made from the peel of pomegranate. Then take 50-60 grams of peel at 0.5 liters of cold water and insist 7 hours, and then prepare according to the above scheme.
For weight loss
For weight loss, there is a recipe from a mixture of pomegranate seeds with olive oil, which reduces hunger and speeds up metabolism. You should take two tablespoons of crushed pomegranate seeds and mix them with two tablespoons of olive oil. Consume the composition of 1 teaspoon spoon for 30 minutes before meals for 30 days without a break .
The use of pomegranate is invaluable in human life. The richness of vitamins, microelements and fatty acids make it an indispensable tool for traditional medicine. Pomegranate helps strengthen health, fight against illnesses and protects against cancer. It is widely used in cosmetology, used in cooking, bringing its unique taste to salads, meat sauces, pastries and desserts. Punch and tasty wine are made from it. Fresh and pomegranate juice gives us not only the enjoyment of taste, but also gives us vigor and good mood!