Georgian cuisine is increasingly filling our tables with its delicious culinary inventions. Red bean lobio, a classic recipe which provides for all stages of cooking with a detailed description and photo. The basis of this dish is red beans, but master-cooks can cook lobio using green-hand asparagus beans. The preparation time of the bean masterpiece takes about a day, all because the beans require soaking for half a day in water. Then her provarku, which lasts from 2.5 to 4 hours. It all depends on the grade and degree of maturity. Hot lobio is served as a main course, while cold is considered a snack. Usually red beans are served in a deep bowl with a cake or pita bread. An additional dish to lobio can make cheese and pickles.
You can not mix different varieties of beans, each requires its own cooking time.
Red Bean Lobio: Standard Recipe
To make red bean lobio according to the classic recipe, you need 700 grams of red beans, 4 onions and 4 cloves of garlic. As a spice, they will perform 1 teaspoon with a heap of hops-suneli and 1 teaspoon of coriander. Stock on a bunch of fresh herbs, it can be parsley and cilantro. Preference should be taken salt and milled pepper.
- Enumerate the beans, save them from garbage and rinse.
- Cut the onion into large pieces.
- Add water to the pan so that it occupies ¼ volume. Pour the beans and throw the onions. Start cooking for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After a specified time, the beans can be turned into porridge with a fork or tolkushki.
- Add spices and herbs. Done!
If all the water in the pan has already evaporated while cooking red beans, feel free to add more boiled water. The finished dish should resemble mush.
Red Bean Lobio in Georgian
Red Bean Lobio Recipe in Georgian provides for about 2 hours of cooking. It will go to 1 cup of red beans, cup volume 150 grams. Other ingredients will be: tomato juice( 150 grams), walnuts, shelled, nuts( half a cup), an onion( 1 piece) and garlic( 3 cloves).To saturate lobio you will need a spoonful of apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp.spoons of vegetable oil, a bundle of the freshest greens, preferably ground pepper and salt.
- Bust the beans, getting rid of unsuitable grains. Wash in running water and soak in a basin of water overnight.
- The next day, cook the beans, the cooking procedure will last about 50 minutes.
- Grind walnuts.
- Chop garlic in any convenient way.
- Chop the onion and fry it in a pan until golden brown.
- Fry garlic, walnuts and beans in onion frying. Salt, pepper, pour tomato juice, mix the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the quenching, add chopped greens, cover the pan with a lid and leave for half an hour to fill the dish with aromas of herbs and spices. Enjoy your meal!
Instead of tomato juice, you can use adjika, mashed fresh tomatoes or tomatoes in your own juice.
Red Bean Lobio with Tomato
If you are looking for how to cook red bean lobio with tomato, then an easy recipe will help you in this search. The finished dish has a delicate flavor with a minimum of spice. For a masterpiece you need only 250 grams of red beans, 1 medium onion, 1 sweet pepper, 1 carrot. For refueling you need to prepare half a glass of tomato, spices to taste. For frying need garlic, bay leaf and vegetable oil.
- Wash beans and soak overnight in water.
- The next day, put the beans to cook until done. At the end of cooking, salt.
- Chop small onions and peppers. Grate the carrot on a coarse grater.
- Stir the chopped vegetables in a pan.
- At this time, drain the water from the cooked beans. Stir the beans with the tomato and send to the pan with onions and carrots. Spice up the spices. Mix well again. From above, insert bay leaf and garlic cloves. Stew on low heat for 15 minutes.
- At the end, get rid of bay leaf and garlic. Red beans lobio filed. Eat hot.
Before cooking, the beans must be soaked in water for several hours. Legumes absorb water, so that they quickly boil and get rid of unnecessary substances that cause intestinal swelling.
The classic recipe for lobio from red beans in Georgian in our time has acquired many other branches based on it. Lobio is often found with meat, although the dish is originally vegetable and is recommended for use during fasting. Instead of the standard red beans, they take the green asparagus or white. It all depends on your stock and taste preferences. In any case, the finished dish is unmatched.