- What can I cook in a yogurt maker?
- Conditions for making yoghurt
- Yoghurt preparation instructions
- Rules for yoghurt maker
People are increasingly refusing to shop food and products prepared under artificial conditions, in favor of homemade and organic food. Even such a dairy product as yogurt began to prepare at home. This can be done with the help of a device called the yogurt maker, which has recently become increasingly popular, especially among young mothers. To prepare a delicious and healthy yogurt, you must follow the instructions, so below we will tell you how to properly use a homemade yogurt maker.
What can I cook in a yogurt maker?
From the name of the device it is clear that it can be used to make yogurt. But the functionality of this unit is quite wide, and it is possible to make various dairy products in it:
- sour cream;
- cottage cheese;
- ice cream;
- sour milk;
Despite such a large assortment of dishes, they will all be fresh and healthy.
Conditions for making yoghurt
The main components for making yoghurt are: milk;leaven;fillers. To make this fermented milk product, the milk must be fresh and preferably boiled. High temperatures will destroy all negative microflora, and live bacteria will emerge from the starter. If we talk about the fat content of milk, the higher it is, the thicker the finished product will turn out. The best option is to use farm milk or home made milk. The fat content of shop milk should be 3.5%.
The starter cannot be excluded from the cooking process of yogurt, otherwise it will not work. You can use ready-made yeast or any yogurt that you have at home. If the choice fell on ready-made yogurt, then you need to know that you need to use it in the proportion of 120 ml per liter of milk. For the ferment purchased in a pharmacy, the dosage is written in the instructions.
The use of fillers will help to make the taste of yogurt more diverse. For these purposes, berries, fruits, cocoa, jam and jam are quite suitable. Before use, check the shelf life of the product.
In order to cook in a yogurt maker not only yogurt, but also other dairy products:
- Sour cream can be prepared in almost all devices, but to obtain a quality product you need a much lower temperature regime than for yogurt.
- Cottage cheese may not be prepared by all devices - this requires a special program. For cottage cheese need a special capacity.
- Ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt should also be prepared using a special option.
Two basic conditions for the future result - cooking time and temperature.
- The required fermentation time is 8–12 hours. If the time is less, then the result will be liquid yogurt. If all recommendations were strictly followed, then the product will be gentle and nourishing.
- Temperature - yogurt cannot be overheated, because it will kill the microflora and you can forget about the homogeneous composition.
Instructions for making yogurt
How to make yogurt can be found in the instructions for each model yogurt maker, but still there are a number of general principles:
- Before fermenting the product, it is necessary to thoroughly wash all the jars and sterilize them. Note that the use of detergents is strictly prohibited, they can violate the microflora of the finished product.
- The unit must be placed on a flat surface.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan or ladle, put on the stove and heat to room temperature. Powdered milk for these purposes is strictly prohibited to use.
- Pour a small spoonful of warm milk into a jar of sourdough and make it loose. If this ingredients is used in a bowl, then it is necessary to pour its contents into a small container, add a spoonful of milk and shake.
- Pour heated fermenting agent into milk container, mix.
- You can not add sugar in advance.
- Gently pour the mixture into the jars. Place
- containers on a yogurt maker tray and close the lid.
- Set the desired time on the display - from 6 to 10 hours. If you do not remove the yogurt in time, you can get sour cream, cottage cheese or ryazhenka.
- Leave yogurt to prepare.
- As soon as the fermented milk product is prepared, it must be removed, cooled and refrigerated for at least 2.5 hours.
- Store no more than 5-8 days under a sealed lid.
When using the device with one tank, all the ferment obtained is poured into this bowl. If there are several glass jars in the unit, 6-12 pieces, then all the resulting mixture is poured into jars in equal proportions.
Rules for the care of a yogurt maker
Before you start using your yogurt maker, you must not only wash and dry them well, but also clean up the tanks at home. This can be done in several ways:
- It is necessary to take a bowl or small containers, fill them up to half with hot water and put them in a microwave for a small amount of power. Immediately after boiling water and the appearance of steam, a bowl or jars must be removed, pour water out of them and dried for 30–40 minutes. Wipe all the jars is not necessary.
- The easiest way: pour jars of boiling water over several times and leave to dry.
- You can use a double boiler: it is necessary to place a tank or containers in it and let the steam in for 15 minutes.
In this article, we described how to use a yoghurt maker, how to ferment yogurt, what ingredients to use and how to care for the unit.