Content of the article:
Baked rolls are a great option for a festive table or for dinner in the family circle. They can be prepared with any ingredients, add the sauce to taste and treat the guests. However, lovers of Japanese cuisine should purchase the main components in a specialty store - it is precisely because of them that the finished dish acquires a characteristic taste and aroma.
Warm rolls with spicy sauce
There is an easy way to make baked rolls so that they can not be distinguished from the restaurant. The quality and taste of this dish directly depends on the quality of the ingredients. In some cases, traditional components can be replaced by analogues, but it is better not to deviate from the recipe. You will need:
- rice for making rolls - it is different from the usual and is sold in specialized stores;
- boiled shrimp;
- red fish( salmon or salmon);
- flying fish roe;
- crab meat;
- soft cheese( Philadelphia, Bucco or Almette);
- for sauce - mayonnaise, spicy chili sauce and garlic.
For home baked rolls, separately prepare the main course and sauce, and then combine them and send them to the oven. The process is very simple, even a beginner can handle it:
- First boil rice for rolls. It should be well cooked, but not boiled soft. Then lay out a sheet of nori and lay out rice on it, leaving some space on one edge.
- Then add all the other ingredients: red fish, crab meat, shrimp and cucumber. Make sure that they are close to the edges of the nori, otherwise the last rolls will be empty.
- Dampen the remaining edge with water and carefully wrap the roll, lifting it up with a mat. It must be wrapped very tightly, and the nori must be securely fastened.
- Cut the roll into portions and place on a baking dish. There are marks on the nori's purchase sheets, according to which it is cut, so that the rolls are even.
- Next, you can start preparing the sauce for baked rolls. Put 2 spoons of mayonnaise, a few crushed garlic cloves, 1 spoon of soft cheese, 2 spoons of flying fish roe, a few drops of chili and soy sauces into a separate container.
- It remains to put a small amount of sauce on each roll and send the form to the oven for 10 minutes. Serve warm and eat it with chopsticks, dipping in a little soy sauce.
For wrapping rolls, you should purchase a special bamboo mat( makis).It is intended for multiple use and is traditionally used in Japanese cuisine.
Gunkan-rolls with crab sticks and spicy sauce
One of the easiest recipes for baked rolls at home is made with crab sticks. If desired, they can be replaced with crabmeat. In addition to this component, you will need:
- nori and rice for sushi and rolls;
- soft cheese( suitable for “Philadelphia” or “Buko” varieties);
- ingredients for sauce: mayonnaise, garlic, soy and chili sauces, flying fish roe.
The technique of cooking gunkan-rolls is different from the usual. For such a dish, the ingredients are not laid out on rice before wrapping the stuffing in nori. Each roll is prepared separately: for a start, a small amount of rice is wrapped in nori, and a variety of other components are laid out on top. After a little practice, such baked rolls will turn out to be equally smooth and tasty:
- First prepare the baking sauce for the rolls. In a separate container, place a couple of spoons of mayonnaise, two cloves of minced garlic, a few drops of sauces( soy and chili), and a spoon of flying fish( tobiko).To melt at high temperature, add a spoonful of soft cheese.
- Grind crab sticks or crab meat and mix them evenly with baking sauce. This mass will be the filling for rolls.
- Boil rice to a state where it will keep its shape well. Form small batches of it.
- Take a sheet of nori and cut it into strips 3 cm wide. There are already marks on the purchase lists. Next, tightly wrap each rice ball in a strip of nori. Each roll should have space for the filling.
- Put the rolls in a baking dish and put the stuffing from the sauce and crab sticks on top of rice. These layers should be approximately in equal proportions.
- It remains to put the gunkan rolls in the oven or microwave for 7-10 minutes. Serve hot with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger.
Ginger is a separate dish, so do not put it on top of the roll. Just dip it in soy sauce and eat separately, alternating with rolls or sushi.
Rolls in batter with crab sticks and vegetables
There is a simple recipe how to cook baked rolls in batter. For this you need rice and nori, crab sticks and boiled shrimps, trout fillet, mixed vegetables( pickled cucumber, Korean carrots and Bulgarian pepper), as well as mayonnaise, soy sauce and soft cheese. For batter suitable wheat flour with egg and breadcrumbs.
- Cook rice until cooked. Take a sheet of nori and put chilled rice on it, leaving a little space near one of the edges.
- Then put the vegetables, cut into long thin slices, and seafood. Form a big roll by helping yourself with a bamboo mat.
- In a separate container, mix the flour with salt and a small amount of water, add the egg. Beat the mixture with a whisk, fork or mixer.
- Roll dipped in the mixture and roll in breadcrumbs. At the same time, preheat the pan.
- Fry a long roll on each side for several minutes until golden brown appears. Next, divide it into portions and serve hot. Additionally, put each guest chopsticks, put soy sauce, wasabi and ginger.
Step-by-step recipes for baked rolls at home are in the public domain. The main thing for their preparation is to choose really high-quality ingredients. Toppings choose to taste. You should not replace soft cheese on more budgetary varieties and use ordinary rice. Otherwise, you can show imagination and create your own recipe for baked rolls.